South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

Im very proud of the guys tonight. They played their hearts out and never quit. They had alot of questionable calls not go their way and the 2 turnovers really hurt. Still though we gutted it out and dug in and fought hard and had a chance to win it at end. Defense couldn't have played any better or harder. Coaches had them ready and it showed. Ive never been prouder of a bunch in defeat as I am tonight. Seniors Stone,Johnson,Hale and Jones, everyone of you guys played lights out tonight and have nothing to ever hang your heads about. Junior class use this as motivation for next year.

Congrats to Gordonsville you finally got over the hump. Hope you guys go on and get you one. Your long over due. For all the talk about Gordonsville being dirty well they lived up to that billing. Don't get me wrong 53 is a great player for you but the low blow nut punch to Johnson was a little much though. You guys better get it this year cause our guys will be right back next year waiting. Congrats again on a very hard fought win.

PS The Mayor of your town coming over to our locker room runing his mouth causing a stink wasn't smart. Show some class. You Gordonsville people deserve better.

You're the only one that's mentioned dirty play, and I'm sure the nut punch was unintentional. With a back like Johnson, you grab him where you can. It's not the first time a player has been unintentionally hit there.

As for the mayor thing, I know nothing about that. Elaborate, if you will. If it was the city mayor, I didn't vote for him anyway.

It was a good clean game both ways, get over it.

Yeah but by that same logic if SP doesn't turn the ball over they likely would've scored on those drives. We punted twice and outside of that you guys never stopped us besides us stopping ourselves. We had one week to prepare for you. How long have you guys been practicing for the Pirates? Just saying and yes it was a epic battle that will go down as one of the best I've witnessed.

I believe I said that, a one point game can go several different ways. It just went our way this time.

You're the only one that's mentioned dirty play, and I'm sure the nut punch was unintentional. With a back like Johnson, you grab him where you can. It's not the first time a player has been unintentionally hit there.

As for the mayor thing, I know nothing about that. Elaborate, if you will. If it was the city mayor, I didn't vote for him anyway.

It was a good clean game both ways, get over it.

Idk The blow looked to be a obvious punch and many on our side saw it. Heat of the moment happens but you don't swing upper cut style when tackling usually but I guess its possible. As for the Mayor thing. Let's just say some fans of Gordonsville in a truck was right outside locker room and were running their mouths to some SP fans and things got a little heated in parking lot. Your Mayor comes over running his mouth to our coaches (when they had nothing to do with anything) pointing his finger falsely accusing like some of the team or coaches had something to do with it. It got little heated to say the least and at end one of your fans came up and apologized to a coach and said sorry that's our mayor and he is a idiot.

Did any of you Gordonsville fans find my Murphy Fair book tonight? I went to the concession stand and bathroom in the first quarter and lost it. I put it by the sink when I was using the bathroom and came back to wash my hands and it was gone. I had a lot of information in that book written down that Murphy told me that was not put in the print. If someone finds my book, please let me no. You think im joking but im not.

Well, just got home. I will keep this short. SP outplayed Gordonsville tonight. Flat out everywhere except the scoreboard. Our boys really stepped up on D and left it out on the field. They played their hearts out and for that I am proud. That was a bull crap holding call the ref threw on the touchdown pass that got called back. In the end though we had a chance to win and I would have done the same thing coach Grider did. Next year we return a lot and will probably be right back in the mix. As for Gordonsville, Greenback will give them a good game I think. Sometimes you need to be lucky to win a state title and Gordonsville was lucky to escape with a win tonight. But, congrats and now go win a title for the east.

Btw, it doesn't matter how long we've been practicing for ya'll. I'm sure SP spent all of last week on CA.

And, Freshmen and Sophomores trying to be Johnson, Hale, and Lankford is a dropoff from the real thing.

Yes they are hard to replace, even Stone, but Lankford is back. Our entire offensive line is back other than the center. Our entire defensive line is back other than nose. We will be back. You got a dose of #2 the past 2 years, now get ready for #3, our rising Freshman who is quick as lightning.

I haven't said anything but it was obvious. 53 tackled Johnson then he punched Johnson in the nuts. The next play we fumble inside our 35. Gordy scores afterwards.

Im very proud of the guys tonight. They played their hearts out and never quit. They had alot of questionable calls not go their way and the 2 turnovers really hurt. Still though we gutted it out and dug in and fought hard and had a chance to win it at end. Defense couldn't have played any better or harder. Coaches had them ready and it showed. Ive never been prouder of a bunch in defeat as I am tonight. Seniors Stone,Johnson,Hale and Jones, everyone of you guys played lights out tonight and have nothing to ever hang your heads about. Junior class use this as motivation for next year.

Congrats to Gordonsville you finally got over the hump. Hope you guys go on and get you one. Your long over due. For all the talk about Gordonsville being dirty well they lived up to that billing. Don't get me wrong 53 is a great player for you but the low blow nut punch to Johnson was a little much though. You guys better get it this year cause our guys will be right back next year waiting. Congrats again on a very hard fought win.

He punched 3 players that I seen when he was down in a pile...For the most part..I thought Kyan did a good job blocking him...proud of all the pirates for their great effort.

PS The Mayor of your town coming over to our locker room runing his mouth causing a stink wasn't smart. Show some class. You Gordonsville people deserve better.