South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

Total yards were about even between the two teams.

Like I said earlier, If Gville scores the 3 times they're inside the 15. It's lopsided. Lucky to win, maybe. Would SP be considered lucky if they'd won. Maybe.

Hard fought game and both teams played hard.

SP fans mostly are looking through SP glasses, Gville will do likewise. That's the way it goes.

But, calling Gville lucky just seems like an attempt to cheapen their win. If I'm not mistaken, they held Johnson to the lowest rushing yards he had all year along with the team as a whole. 214 total rushing yards is what it says on the Tennessean's site for SP rushing yards. Gville had 224.

I agree with you 100% about Sp fans looking through those rose colored glasses. I know there is a couple of them on here that will tell the truth but the majority of the Sp fan base always has some reason for why they lost the game. Also, I am not saying that Sp fans/posters are not the only people that are guilty of this. Every time I get on a thread after Sp has lost a game it is filled with reasons why they lost the game. You hardly ever hear about Sp just getting beat by a better team. I guess some pills are hard to swallow especially if you have had a little run of going to the state every year.

I agree with you 100% about Sp fans looking through those rose colored glasses. I know there is a couple of them on here that will tell the truth but the majority of the Sp fan base always has some reason for why they lost the game. Also, I am not saying that Sp fans/posters are not the only people that are guilty of this. Every time I get on a thread after Sp has lost a game it is filled with reasons why they lost the game. You hardly ever hear about Sp just getting beat by a better team. I guess some pills are hard to swallow especially if you have had a little run of going to the state every year.

SP had more yards, penalties, turnovers and a T'D called back...Your statement about SP just getting beat... Most on here agree we just got beat against Boyd and Knox Grace...This was a different game though..SP Defense had much more impressive stops throughout and If u really know football you could tell SP had the Gmen schemed up pretty well... I do however gotta give credit when it's due...First apologies for doubting SP's heart...Man you played HARD! First time in years I've seen SP team be that physical...I wasn't impressed with Gmens ability to wit X's and O's and SP flatout looked like the better prepared team but just came up inches short....Reoccurring theme for the Pirates in close ones but I guess your bound to lose alot of close big games when your consistently in the big games....The Gmen did what they had to do to get the W and took SP's best shot....TrainTracks says congrats to the Gmen! Keep that TRAIN going and please don't choke the rest of this opportunity away...We might not let beat us for a while after this one ;)

That is all

Yes they are hard to replace, even Stone, but Lankford is back. Our entire offensive line is back other than the center. Our entire defensive line is back other than nose. We will be back. You got a dose of #2 the past 2 years, now get ready for #3, our rising Freshman who is quick as lightning.

I haven't said anything but it was obvious. 53 tackled Johnson then he punched Johnson in the nuts. The next play we fumble inside our 35. Gordy scores afterwards.

Piratemike, your joking. That Coen boy hit that Johnson boy in the man area and that Childress man's umpire did not do anything about it. I saw that Johnson boy on the ground, but I was over near the concession stand and bathroom looking for my Murphy Fair book. I never did find my book. It had all my hand wrote synopsis in it and everything. I am real sick about this. I may drive back up to that Marshall mans field today and see if I can find it. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

Guest Purplepastry

Sometimes you need to be lucky to win a state title and Gordonsville was lucky to escape with a win tonight. But, congrats and now go win a title for the east.

It is this kinda thing that gives the skillet heads their reputaion. All ya gotta do is tip yer cap and move on. Come on, yall were held to 2 scores. Even I thought yall should have put up 40, GV must have an excellent defense, but all you can say is they got lucky. Hope ya pass the 3rd grade.

Powerp, did you or pegleg happen to see my Murphy Fair book anywhere last night? I went to get a coke and to the bathroom and I sat it down by the sink in the bathroom and came out to wash my hand and it was gone? If you are pegleg got it and put it in peglegs plane hiding it from me, I am going to be real mad. You think im joking but im not.

Defense did in fact win last nights championship.

I told my dad on the ride home last night that Gordonsville's offense is impressive and hard to stop, but i believe their defense is even more impressive. That was a tough pirate team last night. The pirates have played some tough competition this season, but no one held them to 13 points. I kind of appreciate the "gordonsville got lucky" "gordonsville isnt that impressive" "gordonsville won because of pirate turnovers" talk coming out of this game because other team are now believing it. Even a Moore Co fan said last night said they hated losing to eagleville because they would've for sure beaten gordonsville; uhm, ok?

in regards to Coen hitting johnson's johnson; I didn't see it and I was sitting on the south pitt side. Like five guys hit him at the same time. If I would've seen it; id admit it. HOWEVER, i wasnt going to bring it up but since the coen talk is continueing, what I did see that was sheilded from gville fans view was when south pitt was heamed inside the 2 yd line, lankford rared back and punched mccoy hard right in the face, while mccoy was laying on his back AND it was 5 ft from the ref, and nothing was done about that. I actually can't believe their were no personal fouls last night; the refs really let them play for the most part.

Now its on to our next championship; quarterfinal round against Eagleville.

Edited by Tigertradition

I understand the call to go for 2 but it woul have been hard to look into the eye of the kids in the lockeroom after they just drove 99 yrds on the #1 team in the state and tell them why their not still out there playing. He made a tough call bet he wish he had it back though....my ques is sp looked very confused alnight not getting lined right they burnt 3 t.o. within 4 min in first half and quick in 2nd half is this something gvill was doing on d or has this been a prob from a young team ......awesome game.....gville wins it all....the state championship was last night.