South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

First off, Jake Stone played a heck of a game. He made big plays on offense.

I don't know if it was because Gville didn't expect him to carry the ball or what, but he came through when he had too.

Gville had a problem picking up the blitzing linebackers and it hurt late in the game when our FB/LB went out late.

The refs let the kids play, I think there were several that hoped that would happen.

Grider made the right call on the 2 pt. conversion. Maybe he should've let Stone keep it, the only thing he could've done better is using his timeouts more wisely.

The two "desperation" passes rlh mentioned were not desperation, so I call BS on that.

The TD pass called back, from what I could see, one of our Dlinemen got pulled down.

There were other holds that could've got called on SP but wasn't, and there were some on Gville.

Both teams played great games defensively.

Gville was inside the 15 three times and twice inside the 10, we punch it in there it's not much of a game, but it didn't happen that way.

Either way, it was a great game, and I don't think any fan on either side can complain about anything.

There were some things that some can say shoulda woulda coulda. SP could've won, and Gville could've won by three scores.

It's in the books.

The Pirates gave a valiant effort, coaches and players. SP should be proud.

I am proud of the SP boys. They layed it all on the line tonight. Turning it over twice in the first half was killer. Again, just very proud of the effort by SP. They took on a senior dominated team that people say is the best they had since 1984. SP took them to the wire. I doubted if SP could stay in the game, but they showed tremendous heart tonight. Great effort guys and you have nothing to be ashamed of.