MJ at DC

pats73

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ's ( #25 Jenkins ) kicker is very good. There will not be any kick offs returns as they will all be in the end zone; unless pooch kicked. He has 2 FG of over 50 yrds. Long being 53. Booms punts also.

Looks like DC has a good power game running between the tackles. MJ has too much speed with #5 Hopkins, #2 McCathern, #9 Chaplin and #3 Graham. Old adage of " Speed Kills " .

DC will stack inside to stop McCathern and that will open up the edges for Hopkins and Chaplin. With all of the focus to stop runnng game; Graham will get deep.

Will be close at first; but MJ pulls away for 45-14 win.

GO BEARS !

You know we are talking about your offence But DC has pretty good offence also the QB throws the ball real well and the run game is real good with two big backs to pound on that D line of yours We also get to the conners real fast. The beast will pound the middle and man he is hard to bring down. He carried three Mcgavock boy into the end on his back and they never got him down. MJ doesn't have a run stopper we will line up and come after you. It might be a track meet with DC comming out on top 24-21

You obviously haven't seen Dickson play much if you think their secondary isn't any good. Their two corners are probably their two best defensive players. They run a cover 2 and rely on them to make plays and they do. Their safeties aren't bad either. One of them has a lot of interceptions. I haven't seen a team throw on them much all year and I've been to almost every home game. Their defense is much better than you obviously think. Probably the best defense mt Juliet has seen this year

I'd say you're "probably" wrong.

MJ's ( #25 Jenkins ) kicker is very good. There will not be any kick offs returns as they will all be in the end zone; unless pooch kicked. He has 2 FG of over 50 yrds. Long being 53. Booms punts also.

Looks like DC has a good power game running between the tackles. MJ has too much speed with #5 Hopkins, #2 McCathern, #9 Chaplin and #3 Graham. Old adage of " Speed Kills " .

DC will stack inside to stop McCathern and that will open up the edges for Hopkins and Chaplin. With all of the focus to stop runnng game; Graham will get deep.

Will be close at first; but MJ pulls away for 45-14 win.

GO BEARS !

Pretty sure Dickson isn't 10-1 because they are slow! This wont be the fastest team Dickson has played. They see speed every week! Thats all clarksville schools have is speed (not much coaching or discipline!) Speed wise Dickson matches up well with this bunch on both sides. And I am glad you have the defensive game plan nailed down for Dickson!

You know we are talking about your offence But DC has pretty good offence also the QB throws the ball real well and the run game is real good with two big backs to pound on that D line of yours We also get to the conners real fast. The beast will pound the middle and man he is hard to bring down. He carried three Mcgavock boy into the end on his back and they never got him down. MJ doesn't have a run stopper we will line up and come after you. It might be a track meet with DC comming out on top 24-21

Your fullback is a big boy. What is he about 6"3 240 lbs ? MJ will be ready for him. Our D is better than you think. You have not faced an offense with the speed of ours.

How's the food at the stadium ?

May all the players be safe with no injuries !

Pretty sure Dickson isn't 10-1 because they are slow! This wont be the fastest team Dickson has played. They see speed every week! Thats all clarksville schools have is speed (not much coaching or discipline!) Speed wise Dickson matches up well with this bunch on both sides. And I am glad you have the defensive game plan nailed down for Dickson!

Now you get to face a team with speed, coaching, and discipline! Go BEARS!

Beech scrimmaged dc in the spring and fall and hammered them both times. Not even close. DC finishes 4th in 9 AAA.

Practice/scrimage games mean nothing, especially in the spring. DC finishes 4th in 9AAA? OK, maybe or maybe not! This game will be decided in the trenches, offensive and defensive lines, not speed on the corners. DC has faced speed all year (HC, NE, Columbia, etc.) and have done OK. Ask anyone who has faced Reeves- Maybin from NE and they will tell you about speed. Line'em up and play the game, enough of this you would have finished here in our district or you should not have gotten this seed or this opponent. Good luck MJ and pray for no injuries on both sides of the field!

My team plays in the same district/region as DC and came pretty darn close to beating them. Even though there is speed in our region it is not like MJ will have. The fact is our region does not prepare DC very well for the 6A play-offs and MJ is just simply on another level. I still say MJ wins big b/c they have too much fire power.....