Stewart's Creek

Croach

I wonder if anyone has contacted Ron Crawford to see if he would come back to Rutherford Co?

I think he has a good deal at Cleveland and would not consider coming back into the grinder that is 7AAA football.

Personnally I would LOVE to have him back here, but I don't see it happening for this job. Especially with an AD that does not know much about actually coaching.

I wonder if the early 'rumors' about Shad being in the mix has any basis?

Not really football related, but have any of you heard of colleges giving extra financial aid based on being in the first graduation class out of a new high school? Somebody asked me about that a while ago and I had no idea. Don't recall ever hearing about it.

If this is true, it wouldn't make sense for too many of the incoming potential seniors to take the "grandfather" option and stay behind at their old school unless there was a REALLY important activity they were knee-deep in that dictated such a decision.

I think what everybody actually wants to know the most is this:

What about karaoke girl? Does she take the grandfather option and stay back to continue the time honored tradition of karaoke in the football stands or will she make the transition to the new place where she might see some of her friends in the lunch line?

Life if full of tough decisions, isn't it?

:?:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearing we're losing about 10 to 15 kids that played some, mostly in a back-up role. But at the same time they were in back-up roles because they were underclassmen. :popcorneater:

Any idea what will be heading over there for boys basketball? I spoke with a kid who hasn't played since rec league in the LaVergne/Smyrna area who thinks he can step right in and make the team over there. I think that sounds a little overly optimistic for a senior in h.s. to pull off - suddenly going back to playing organized hoops after a 7 or 8 year break since the little kid days. How much you impress your buds in the driveway can be misleading.

Still no hints as to who will be coach? Of any sports?

Seems to be pretty tight lipped. I guess that happens when there is no school for word to leak out of. I would assume Dr. Harrell and Dyson are the only ones in the loop, and if they aren't talking, nobody knows anything. That is unless some of the candidates start flapping their gums, of course.