Stewart's Creek

Croach

Not saying any of those teams are not good. However I believe only CPA was a usual on their schedule. The others were playoff teams. So would I rather play CPA or would I rather play Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, and Siegel on a consistent basis? I'll take my one shot at CPA instead of the five shots. The only reason I made my comments were because JJ seems to think Martin is the greatest thing ever. Maybe he is but I want to see it first before I jump on the band wagon. Again, good luck to coach Martin and SC. Who will he try and get on staff?

He is a very good coach. I don't recall reading the words "greatest thing ever" but I do agree with him when he says Martin is a great coach and will win. Why do you have your doubts? The programs at Blackman and Siegel eventually reached championship type status in 7AAA. Do you not feel as if Stewarts Creek can do as they have done?

LBD yes I feel that they will compete. And yes I think Martin is a good coach. However I also think he has benefited from playing 2A/3A football with better talent than most other schools. I'm really just messing with JohnJohn.

JohnJohn just playing with you. Martin is a well respected coach and will be a good fit to start the program. It will take some time and yes I expect SC to compete for district titles in three years. Don't know the exact talent but you do have an idea of the talent by looking at Smyrna/Blackman.

Stewarts Creek couldn't have really asked for a better hire to start things off. I also hear they're in a great location to have athletic success in the future.

But I am a bit surprised that they jumped straight to varsity in year one given the level of their competition. I mean they won't have a student body until the fall. Will they even be able to have spring drills?

Edited by MSURacer

LBD yes I feel that they will compete. And yes I think Martin is a good coach. However I also think he has benefited from playing 2A/3A football with better talent than most other schools. I'm really just messing with JohnJohn.

JohnJohn just playing with you. Martin is a well respected coach and will be a good fit to start the program. It will take some time and yes I expect SC to compete for district titles in three years. Don't know the exact talent but you do have an idea of the talent by looking at Smyrna/Blackman.

I would be very, very careful with these Martin, I mean ex Goodpasture supporters. They have even dedicated the Goodpasture football website as a Martin tribute and are covering each and every move Stewarts Creek makes. The good news for all the new Stewarts Creek fans is that they won't need to set up a football website, the good folks at Goodpasture football website will take care of this for you. Why they even have your new school logo on their website! I guess Dyson knew he would be getting a new media team along with a coach. Not a bad deal.

Stewarts Creek couldn't have really asked for a better hire to start things off. I also hear they're in a great location to have athletic success in the future.

But I am a bit surprised that they jumped straight to varsity in year one given the level of their competition. I mean they won't have a student body until the fall. Will they even be able to have spring drills?

This is the begininng of the two year scheduling cycle. So if they didn't start playing now they would have had to wait two full years to play a varsity schedule. They will probably have a spring practice. The boys will just have to get over the new school on their own.

Good Coach. While I do not care for his offense, at least he passes with it.

As to the other question posed toward me. Yes, pretty much at R'dale unless you consider destroying a state contender program a success.

As for the other question posed toward me in another thread, Yes, I consider R'dales schedule this year a 'CUPCAKE' one.

My biggest question if I was either a player or a booster at Stewarts Creek is 'How long' does the Coach plan to stay? Starting at 61 is unusual for a LONG projected stay.

Good Coach. While I do not care for his offense, at least he passes with it.

As to the other question posed toward me. Yes, pretty much at R'dale unless you consider destroying a state contender program a success.

As for the other question posed toward me in another thread, Yes, I consider R'dales schedule this year a 'CUPCAKE' one.

My biggest question if I was either a player or a booster at Stewarts Creek is 'How long' does the Coach plan to stay? Starting at 61 is unusual for a LONG projected stay.

Age is a mental thing. Lots of coaches that age(I am) and still going strong. He is healthy and feels good.