Stewart's Creek

Croach

Even though I will be a Red Hawks fan, I like Oakland as long as they don't bring back the old p.a. announcer and would hate to see an Eric A. or Kyle O. not be playing for them this year, in a season where they should be a favorite to win the state even with a VERY tough schedule.

Two Memphis schools, plus Brentwood and Chattanooga Baylor? :!:

Stew Creek will be plenty good in a few years...at everything. It won't take long. :thumb:

For now, I'd like to see OHS grab an extra gold ball for the old trophy case.

Even though I will be a Red Hawks fan, I like Oakland as long as they don't bring back the old p.a. announcer and would hate to see an Eric A. or Kyle O. not be playing for them this year, in a season where they should be a favorite to win the state even with a VERY tough schedule.

Two Memphis schools, plus Brentwood and Chattanooga Baylor? :!:

Stew Creek will be plenty good in a few years...at everything. It won't take long. :thumb:

For now, I'd like to see OHS grab an extra gold ball for the old trophy case.

Scary thing is most of Oakland's top end talent is just underclassmen. I would certainly understand if Abernathy would want to transfer. At Oakland, he will get to see some snaps, but at any other district school he would be a key playmaker. Nice to see that we will already have some Stewarts Creek representation before the season even has started

It will resemble a JV team playing against varsity teams the first year, but the dividends should be big after that. People are excited about the new school and for good reason. It will have the biggest and best and newest of everything. They will be on the wrong end of some mercy rule games the first year - a small price to pay for the entire northwest part of the county to get a new $$46million$$ high school.

FEAR THE BEAK - It Won't Take Long!

pockyg_redhawk_v1.png

Keep in mind, it took Siegel almost a decade before they became relevant in football. I dont question Coach Martin's skill as a coach, his record at Goodpasture speaks for itself. I question whether or not he has the energy to make this a successful program. Given the strength of this district, I think its going to take Martin at least 3-5 years to have a program that will be respectable.

I'm thinking maybe girl's basketball followed by baseball as the first two sports to get to powerhouse status. Of course football will take longer. I saw Cane Ridge (try to) play varisty football that first year they fielded varsity, even after a year or two of freshman/and/or/JV only... and even with that extra head start, they were dreadful that first season. Once the grandfather and sibling options to stay back at SHS/LHS/BHS run out, the improvement will speed up dramatically.

I'm not sure how many marching band fans/parents are out there, but Stewie High should be pretty good right off the bat even with just the band kids from SCMS - the best middle school band in the state of TN.

oneteam.jpg

• 2 weeks later...