Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Thanks, buddy. I agree on the pulling for us unless were playing your guys part, i feel the same lol...OR will be down i'm afraid next year. But, we will be back in a year or 2. Losing a TON of SR's off this years team will hurt next year. And yessir, no shame in losing to Maryville. I can probably say us, D-B, and Alcoa gave them their best game of the year. Some will argue Bearden and West did, though. So far, at least. If they get past Siegel, i think Whitehaven will be a load to handle. But, i never count that fine gentleman George Quarles out of a ballgame. Seen him beat more talented teams then Maryville way too many times. Whitehaven last year was a fine example of that.

Na , I think you're right Sweet , Oak Ridge 2nd game , Alcoa , and DB were the only games where it felt like we could lose the game at least one time during the Game . I guess Alcoa and Oak Ridge maybe even more than the DB game .

Greyrider...Praying for your son to have a complete and total recovery. The Lord has already blessed you with an outstanding son...May the Lord further bless you with a good report from Hayden's MRI later on this morning. I made the trip down from Kingsport and after dinner at Cracker Barrel...had to find my seating on the Maryville side.Was treated well. Sitting on about the 45 yd line and had the opportunity to watch your son after the injury...though hurting....he was nothing but class. Good luck in Murfreesboro this weekend and next week in Cookeville. Bring home another trophy for all of East Tennessee....We Indians will celebrate in your victory!!

Edited by LGVol

Thanks LGVOL,WTL AND EVERYONE ELSE! , for the compliments and the prayers. UPDATE just left MOC , MRI results were very good , ACL is intact but has a bad bone bruise from the hyper extension. PRAISE GOD! He is on a game schedule only until further notice pending treatment. Once again Haden is very thankful for all the prayers and well wishes. Most of all thank you JESUS!

Thanks LGVOL,WTL AND EVERYONE ELSE! , for the compliments and the prayers. UPDATE just left MOC , MRI results were very good , ACL is intact but has a bad bone bruise from the hyper extension. PRAISE GOD! He is on a game schedule only until further notice pending treatment. Once again Haden is very thankful for all the prayers and well wishes. Most of all thank you JESUS!

That's incredible news!

Grey!!! Fantastic news.....Go Rebels!! Beat the Stars!!!

Well guys I know a lot of prayers went up for Haden this weekend.....And I appreciate the CLASS shown by the D-B people towards Haden as well.....But Greyrider hit it just right in saying God can fix it......

Matthew 19:26.....And looking at them Jesus said, "With man this is impossible, But with God ALL things are possible",,,,,,May He receive all the glory and honor on this Thanksgiving week and everyday as He so richly deserves......God Bless!!!

wow !! awesome news !! prayers answered !!!

UPDATE just left MOC , MRI results were very good , ACL is intact but has a bad bone bruise from the hyper extension. PRAISE GOD! He is on a game schedule only until further notice pending treatment. Once again Haden is very thankful for all the prayers and well wishes. Most of all thank you JESUS!

Great News!

39.jpg

Edited by Red Rebels

Question for D-B folks. - Early in the game DB ran the option and the pitch man was 10 yards wide of the QB and the pitch was more of a throw. Is that a designed play or were they out of sync and kind of improvised?

Designed play...the option back is already split wide. Its just a long pitch. Ordinarily, the pitch happens further downfield. Maryville had a little something to do with it looking a bit awkward...and thus you didnt see it again.

Great atmoshpere for a great game. A celebration of the hard work of young people on both sides of the field! I was honored to have been a part of it. Would be nice to do it on a more regular basis! Good Luck to the Rebs! Great team and deserving of the accolades!

Great News about 39! Very happy to hear that!

Edited by KptVol