Giles Co. Vs. East Hamilton

bobcat93

WOW what a great game. First of all congratulations to East Hamilton on having a great team, staff, and fans. If you continue to build on what you have you'll be fine in 5a. A nice game plan and more importantly a staff that makes adjustments during the game.

Now everybody take your wooda, coulda, shoulda, and zebra bashing and stick it! :thumb:

Two evenly matched teams. In games like this there are going to be close calls, near misses, and lost opportunities. People tend to focus on what went wrong. I saw young men make great plays on both sides of the ball. EH's defense played lights out. In position all night and MANY great plays by fine young men. Giles defense front stopped the ground game but #12 made some great throws and reads for EH. There is a reason after 12 games that these two defenses were ranked at the top in the state. it showed on both sides tonight.

It all came down to a goal line stand and Giles got it done. Giles just made one more play than EH. Thats how evenly matched teams win or lose. It's always just 2 or 3 plays that make a difference. High school football at its best. Nobody can brag. Both teams left it on the field tonight! :ph34r:

Great post. Even the senile have ther lucid moments. B) +1

You fellers got one more chance to get into the Losers Tailgate at CookeVegas. Don't let me down. :roflolk:

Edited by MountainTroll

Barb you are right. EH got called for 70 total yards of penalties on one drive for Giles that marched them down the field. I don't care what anyone says that did help Giles to score. EH played pretty well and Giles has a good team. It was a great game and the two best teams did play last night. I do wish we would of kicked the field goal and at the end we could of tied it up with a field goal. And I know you Giles fans said don't play the Jackson card, but I'll say this I wish you all could of seen him play! He is an awesome running back and I felt so bad that he couldn't play in that game with his teammates. He would of made a positive impact on the game. We held in there with our two back ups and Milita is just a sophomore. He did well against Giles defense. At the end of the night Giles won and EH will go home and get better for next year. I'm proud of our guys and they should be happy they made it this far. They will be back next year ready to play! So I guess I'm having to eat my Crowe today I don't want to be a sore loser. Giles won, but EH could of easily won the game. In my heart they did win. Good luck Giles on your next round and you all do have a very nice facility there.

No excuses here. If you had seen him play you might understand how some would say that it may have been different if had been healthy. The fact is he wasn't able to play. I'm proud of #19 and #6 coming in and carrying the football. Both young men did a great job. The thing is it is a bunch of "What ifs". We will never know what would have happened if he had been able to play. The players that did play tonight played their hearts out for the Hurricanes Nation. I'm pround of the whole team.

Congrats to Giles for making the plays to win at the end. I still say these two are the best in 4A.

I'm with you no excuses I do wish they could of seen him play! He's very talented and it would of made a different ball game. Props to our back ups for hanging in there with the number 1 team. They can't tell me that if there RB had been hurt that they wouldn't be saying the same thing. EH played like a top team without him. You do hate to see any kid play his heart out his senior year and get hurt in the playoffs. I never knock coaches or players. Heck they do all the work we just watch. It was a great game we just come up short in the end. It really could of went either way though. I'm giving props to both teams. Tough kids that are obviously coached very well! Good luck to Giles next round. We will get ready for our next season. Go Canes! Proud Mom!

You fellers got one more chance to get into the Losers Tailgate at CookeVegas. Don't let me down. :roflolk:

I guess your not bad as I thought you were. Thanks man! You see me with my signs?

Barb you are right. EH got called for 70 total yards of penalties on one drive for Giles that marched them down the field. I don't care what anyone says that did help Giles to score. EH played pretty well and Giles has a good team. It was a great game and the two best teams did play last night. I do wish we would of kicked the field goal and at the end we could of tied it up with a field goal. And I know you Giles fans said don't play the Jackson card, but I'll say this I wish you all could of seen him play! He is an awesome running back and I felt so bad that he couldn't play in that game with his teammates. He would of made a positive impact on the game. We held in there with our two back ups and Milita is just a sophomore. He did well against Giles defense. At the end of the night Giles won and EH will go home and get better for next year. I'm proud of our guys and they should be happy they made it this far. They will be back next year ready to play! So I guess I'm having to eat my Crowe today I don't want to be a sore loser. Giles won, but EH could of easily won the game. In my heart they did win. Good luck Giles on your next round and you all do have a very nice facility there.

penalties played a large part for both sides, it was almost like the refs wanted everyone o not forget they were there.

It wasn't 70 yards on the last drive it was the last two drives. And don't think EH didn't benefit from some penalties as well. What about the sack around the knees and called for a blow to the head on yall's last drive? To me it was a makeup for calling the pass incomplete on the play before, sure looked like EAST caught that one. Be honest about it, the refs played to big a role both ways, bit it balanced out. EH forced three turnovers and committed none, so they had their chances. I would think that in 10 games played these two would split 5-5

Darn right they were and they probably should have won.But they didnt.What I would have done when they had 1st and goal from the 10 was put one of those 300lb. lineman in at tailback and let him drag the Giles D.Great fan support from East Hamilton.Biggest visitor crowd we had all year.

Your right both defenses are very good. It was so close and it could of went either way. Great bunch of boys. Very well coached you can tell. Giles won on the scoreboard in the end but, EH won in my heart. We have a large fan base and I was glad to see so many people make the drive. What a great ball game it was.

penalties played a large part for both sides, it was almost like the refs wanted everyone o not forget they were there.

It wasn't 70 yards on the last drive it was the last two drives. And don't think EH didn't benefit from some penalties as well. What about the sack around the knees and called for a blow to the head on yall's last drive? To me it was a makeup for calling the pass incomplete on the play before, sure looked like EAST caught that one. Be honest about it, the refs played to big a role both ways, bit it balanced out. EH forced three turnovers and committed none, so they had their chances. I would think that in 10 games played these two would split 5-5

I'm not blaming the refs. I stated penalties hurt us and helped yah. You saying that 70 yards wouldn't help anybody. These teams are evenly matched and it could of went either way. I'm still proud of our players. Proud mom!

I'm not blaming the refs. I stated penalties hurt us and helped yah. You saying that 70 yards wouldn't help anybody. These teams are evenly matched and it could of went either way. I'm still proud of our players. Proud mom!

Don't misconstrue what I said, I am saying penalties hurt and helped both teams. Do you not think EH benefit from some calls? And yes Giles benefited from some calls as well. I am just saying it balanced out overall. The one call where I thought EH really got hosed was the pass interference where we tried a throw back to the QB. Your guy was in perfect position and got a terrible call. But it went both ways. It was a great game and too bad the refs were so flag happy.

Edited by 95cats