Giles Co. Vs. East Hamilton

bobcat93

hey cane tell your coach to play baylor next year I know baylor coach has approached him. it would be a good game, no need for him to be scared.

Why would Gatewood want to give Baylor the opportunity to scout and recruit his players? Does the name George Porter ring a bell? Where did he go before Baylor? What about the Upshaw kids?

But be careful what you wish for.

Edited by DougVick

really, I didn't say middle school game. no kids that are in high school already would leave to go sit out a year to play at baylor. reggie upshaw never went to east hamilton he went to hunter middle in the sixth grade and gage went there only in the sixth grade and everyone knew he was going to baylor. you can't blame a family for wanting something better for their kids. I do think this could be a great game for years to come,man up and play!

really, I didn't say middle school game. no kids that are in high school already would leave to go sit out a year to play at baylor. reggie upshaw never went to east hamilton he went to hunter middle in the sixth grade and gage went there only in the sixth grade and everyone knew he was going to baylor. you can't blame a family for wanting something better for their kids. I do think this could be a great game for years to come,man up and play!

A great game for who? Not the Red Raiders. You don't want that kind of beating.

hey cane tell your coach to play baylor next year I know baylor coach has approached him. it would be a good game, no need for him to be scared.

Coach Gatewood is a lot of things but scared an't one of them. There is not a person at East Hamilton that would not love to have this game, I mean not one, heck for that matter a game vs the Blue Naders. Who by the way are way ahead of you getting 8th graders to there school. Our 8th grade team who went 8-0 and out scored every one but Signal by 40 is being promised the moon. I also here that Signal group is also going thru it. Now I am not like the other guys if a kid and family wants to go to Baylor, or McCallie that is there choice, and should go. I think you know that my kid was approached we were never talked to about sports, never not once it was about school, so I don't have a problem with it at all.

As for this game happing I have a better chance of dunking a basketball then that happening...... Gate an't going to do it...... and he has his resaons..... your not going to find any of the top programs in this area, Ooltewah, East Ham, Signal, Cleveland, are not going to give you a game... and it's not because there scared. I do think that Baylors and Mccallie skill players are as good as anybody, The diff this year and next year, you would get beat up so bad up front on both sides of the ball, it an't close..... Porter would have ran for 2k yards this year for Est Ham.

Now if your coaching staff was that confident dont you think they would have agreed to play? there is a huge difference between 4a 5a and D2 but all you need to do is play and you'll find out.

I would say that Baylor and McCallie would fare well in 5A and 6A. I do think that Baylor contends for a district title this past season. McCallie just ahead of Soddy and Rhea or 5th place. But you would struggle in the playoffs....... Sorry It's just true, Oak Ridge, Brearden, Marryville would lay wood to you in 6A. Now 5A you might have a shot at a win in the playoffs but 3rd, 4th round ouch. You see RedDad it takes 5 wins another half season to win a title in our divison. I do not put much stock, in games of like opp. But did talk to Bradley folks they say it's not close this past season between you and us..... We beat the silly!

we also as you say beat bradley silly our starters played a quarter and a half at the most, 6a would be better but no one in 5a could beat baylor. columbia who is in semi finals now couldn't play with us it was same story our starters played half it was 24-0 they scored against our jv with a minute left to make it 24-7. the teams in chattanooga may not be scared but they don't want that loss they would get if they played us so call it what you will.

we also as you say beat bradley silly our starters played a quarter and a half at the most, 6a would be better but no one in 5a could beat baylor. columbia who is in semi finals now couldn't play with us it was same story our starters played half it was 24-0 they scored against our jv with a minute left to make it 24-7. the teams in chattanooga may not be scared but they don't want that loss they would get if they played us so call it what you will.

It is what it is. But the game will never happen. I know it goes back some years but there are some real bad feelings not so much with your head coach, he is very well liked, but your School, and even more so from your cross town rivals (and potter) left a very bad taste in a lot of public school coach’s mouths. I don’t think anyone is scared about a loss, we play baseball, girls basketball, East Ham played McCallie in basketball and playing them this year, so its not about a win or loss. It’s about football and something’s that were done lets say not so nice, again not your head coach, Naders coach well……. He has a lot of his Dad in him. Again your cross town rival is really beating you to the punch on this year’s crop of 8th graders. Why do you think McCallie only gets 9 games a year, if they do get 10 they will pay someone from out of state to come here? Tyner plays them but it’s always at McCallie shared gate, cause no one from Tyner goes to games, it’s a money game for them. By the way Columbia is a 5A school, not 6A. Who got a easy quad, and just got by Ooltewah, they will not have to much luck this week. Oh By the way when McCallie and Baylor were in the same districts with public schools 0 State titles, now Brentwood did, till they moved up in classification, and caught cheating and as they same the rest is history.