CAK vs. Alcoa REPEAT

POLKcoPRIDE

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I believe Alcoa hosts either one and CAK travels to both. Again, a shame cause the winner of our game should host either way. #1 and #2 teams in the state!

Can't say I'm an expert on this but if memory serves me correctly (and that isn't often) once the teams reach the semi finals the host is determined by rotating Quads. I recall a few years ago (2009) Alcoa had to travel to Elizabethton for the semi finals even though the Tornadoes were the overall #1 seed. So Quad 1 and Quad 2 rotate. Last year CAK, from Quad 2, hosted all the way through until Cookeville. So, I believe Quad 1, Elizabethton/Sullivan North, will host regardless of who wins Quad 2.

I still can't believe that Polk got ROLLED at home last week????

Not taking anything away from Kingston they came in better prepared and just down right out played Polk. I support the Wildcats but they was out played for sure that night and having all what we had out do to illness didn't help. But I will be making the trip up to watch this game also not picking a team because I repsect both teams and love to see them play hope to see a few people when I make the trip to Alcoa friday.

Can't say I'm an expert on this but if memory serves me correctly (and that isn't often) once the teams reach the semi finals the host is

determined by rotating Quads. I recall a few years ago (2009) Alcoa had to travel to Elizabethton for the semi finals even though the Tornadoes were the overall #1 seed. So Quad

1 and Quad 2 rotate. Last year CAK, from Quad 2, hosted all the way through until Cookeville.

So, I believe Quad 1, Elizabethton/Sullivan

North, will host regardless of who wins Quad 2.

In Division I, the higher seeded team shall be the host school. If the two schools are the same

seed, in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall be the host team. In even-numbered years the bottom team in each

bracket shall be the host team.

Alcoa would host either #1 seed Betsy or North due to even year, seeding and being in bottom bracket.

Edited by F5seekshelter

If SR is on the field, we know TSSAA just doesnt like Alcoa!

You guys must have hazed this guy way too much in HS. I mean, when you start calling bad extra points good, what else can you conclude? And the personal foul on #7, not a good call. But beyond that there were plenty of calls and no calls that both teams could point to. I love the way, for instance, that the DVR clearly shows the defender getting to the receiver before the ball, and fans complain about J. Smith having to politic to get the call lol. I mean, the question is, why did he have to wait for the ref to throw a flag on an obvious interference call? Surely you guys realize both teams see things they think the refs should have called differently.

I personally see the refs the same way APB does. As I've said in the past, the refs, good or bad, rarely affect the outcome of the game, in other words, who wins the game. I think CAK fans and Alcoa fans have been spoiled in recent years. Many CAK fans expect to win every game other than perhaps Alcoa, and the fanbase can be a little flat like last night against Kingston or the previous week against Loudon. Likewise, many Alcoa fans assume not just a victory, but a blow out, and if there is not, it is because something else was against them, such as having to play the refs too, or playing against a dirty team, etc. If you disagree with my comments, just look back over the last few weeks of newspaper articles and posts on Coach T. soapbox.gif

Edited by Govolsknox