CAK vs. Alcoa REPEAT

POLKcoPRIDE

So yer sayin' no good recruits comin' in? :roflolk:

Nice try Troll, you should work for a political spin factory. :D"Can't say how much longer I will continue to post after this season since I am getting farther and farther removed from the personal relationships with the players that have made this coachT experience so much fun" is what is in my post above and that is the truth. I believe your process of extrapolation to be good humored in nature, but regardless if CAK wins big or loses big in the future, I will not be in the "loop" enough to post as often or as informed as I have in the past. Really just that simple. But I do expect to see a drop off after this year.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to find a good high school game to go to Friday and picked the CAK vs Alcoa game. What a great game, but I have seen such terrible fans as the Alcoa fans. They were the most rude foul mouthed fans I have ever been around. Moved to the CAK side and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't have a dog in this fight but after a little while on the Alcoa side, I quickly became a CAK fan. Alcoa fans showed no class at all. Swearing at the top of their lungs and cussing the coaches. The worst part was their A.D. and other school officials sat right there and let it happen. Never made any attempt to put a stop to it. Alcoa = NO CLASS.

Wanted to find a good high school game to go to Friday and picked the CAK vs Alcoa game. What a great game, but I have seen such terrible fans as the Alcoa fans. They were the most rude foul mouthed fans I have ever been around. Moved to the CAK side and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't have a dog in this fight but after a little while on the Alcoa side, I quickly became a CAK fan. Alcoa fans showed no class at all. Swearing at the top of their lungs and cussing the coaches. The worst part was their A.D. and other school officials sat right there and let it happen. Never made any attempt to put a stop to it. Alcoa = NO CLASS.

:popcorneater:

There are plenty of Alcoa fans who are good, kindhearted people, so I try to avoid making generalizations. However, consistent with your experience Friday, I am aware that some Alcoa fans were harassing and threatening (and essentially trying to pick a fight with) the CAK film crew dads who were set up in front of the press box (where they had to set up because the administrators of the Alcoa press box are not overly eager to make room for visiting teams' support personnel (film crews, statistics crews, etc.)).

The Alcoa AD told the film crew they should just move over to the bleachers on the visitor's side; I would have figured he would have made the harassing fans stop harassing, or had the police to do that for him, but instead his remedy was to have the CAK film crew dads pack up and move.

There were also some unpleasant things yelled toward the field from the Alcoa stands after CAK's RB #32 was injured. With a big game like that, and so much on the line, I suppose emotions run high, and things are said that shouldn't be.

No matter how unpleasant your experience was at Alcoa, just be thankful you weren't at Loudon! That makes going to Alcoa seem like a walk in the park.

Well what do you expect? Most Alcoa fans are Tennessee fans also! You oughta go to Neyland Stadium sometime!

VM: I agree with W2011, there are a lot of very nice, fun and knowledgable Tornado fans, some of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting and now consider friends. But, Alcoa is not use to losing, especially at home and certainly not to teams outside of Blount County. This rivalry has gotten a lot more competitive recently and that can bring out the poorer side of some fans emotions. The CAK film crew are also good friends of mine and they told me essentially the same story as what I've heard from you. They weren't intimidated or felt threatened (former All SEC center), just surprised about how poorly they were treated. I'm sure when Alcoa builds the new stadium they will construct a larger press box to keep opposing film crews from having to set up in the home bleachers. I am very pleased you did find your way to CAK's side of the field and was an "honorary" Warrior fan for the evening :thumb:

You can try to rationalize this away all you want. The bottom line is that bunch cannot handle any adversity. The language being spouted out of the sewers from the fan's mouths was appaling. Little kids sitting few feet away having to listen to that trash is completely unnesessary. The thing that is so eye opening is schools officials were everywhere. (A.D., principals, etc.) Not one of them lifted a finger to put a stop to it. The inmates are running the asilym at Alcoa.