TSSAA Board of Control Class AA Changes

Jet Pride

Great article by Mo Patton on Tennessean.com, where our AD was pushing to get back to those old rivalries. We got to spend 6 minutes in 9AA. lol

I got to tell you that looks very odd. Fairview requesting a move to 9AA and then 6 minutes later changing their mind and requesting a move to 11AA? Talk about the Board of Control "bending over backwards".

As a Camden fan I'm excited to have Fairview and Lewis county in our district. in 4 years we have lost 2 district games in football. I would rather be more tested going into the playoffs than that to be honest.

To the Stewart county fan complaining...I am sure Lewis County is not looking forward to driving all the way to Dover to lay a beat down on your sorry football/basketball/baseball/softball teams either so how would they gain by putting the fix in? Request a move to 9aa..really maybe they will think your football players flipping the visiting fans the bird for 3 quarters is cute.

Ok you are about as dumb as a box of rocks! This is not all about football. Ask your other sports coaches if they are thrilled to be in a nine team district will the other district has six teams. As far as scheduling difficult teams for football you guys could easily schedule lewis and fairview as non - district games. This was about Lewis and Fairview getting together and running from CPA. Fairview can pretend they wanted in 9AA but when the move was made to send them to 11AA they said not one word. The Board of Control has no business voting on districts. It is made up of Adminstration of schools and in this case True worked it out with politics to get what was good for his school and the heck with every other AA school in his district. PTC is right kids from Dover and Really Montgomery Central will be getting home at midnight on a weeknight for all sports except football. Not to mention leaving school very early to get to the game.

haha i love how everyone is saying fairview is running from CPA. they alrwady play a tougher opponent in Giles County. All of the players and fans were thrilled to have CPA come to 12AA to make the district even tougher. you cant become the best unless you play the best. We were equally as thrilled to be in 9AA for those brief moments cuz weve started a great rivalry with Cheatham. but everyone saying we were afraid of CPA is bogus. Maybe our director was but i assure you the coaches and players werent.

Like we (Fairview) are in cahoots with Lewis County. That's a good one! No love lost between Lewis' board member and Fairview. I can assure you of that! I remember not to long ago making those trips to Stewart County, Camden, and Montgomery Central. We did it for years. Why wouldn't we rather go to Harpeth, Cheatham County, or Sycamore? Much closer.

Edited by Jacketman89

haha i love how everyone is saying fairview is running from CPA. they alrwady play a tougher opponent in Giles County. All of the players and fans were thrilled to have CPA come to 12AA to make the district even tougher. you cant become the best unless you play the best. We were equally as thrilled to be in 9AA for those brief moments cuz weve started a great rivalry with Cheatham. but everyone saying we were afraid of CPA is bogus. Maybe our director was but i assure you the coaches and players werent.

I thought Fairview would have been a great district rivalry.

I thought Fairview would have been a great district rivalry.

i do as well. very close together. Actually CPA is probably the closest school to fairview. Well harpeth is about the same. We were in the same district once before well region i mean. with goodpasture,dca,fra,ezell harding,east robertson and harpeth?