Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

As I said, once again, Gill is a great D-lineman. And from everything I've heard he is a fine upstanding gentleman. And I'm sure he knows better to come to coacht looking for praise or flattery. You know yourself there is a lot of stuff on here that is opinion based. And everyone knows what opinions are like........

I still think LA will be right in it for the district title when they play DC at end of season. LA is good in every sport.....Basketball, football, baseball. They didnt just suddenly stop having atheletes stop walking the hallways. If you beat them, it better be early on in the season. That said, I was talking to a few locals from baxter last night. The qb missed 4 games last year with two they lost in very close games. Also the #24 who had like 6 takles at lb and had to have over 100 yards receiving and serveral touchdowns didnt even play last year. Locals thought they could easly have been 7-3 last year and took the place of were York was. Croz is right, they also said these kids are use to winning. Never lost as 6th graders in the pee wee league and I think they didnt as 8th graders. So when people say, wow where did this come from, this group has always been good just hit with low numbers and injuries last couple of years. I dont think  people give their young coaching staff credit at UHS either. The same local said before Herron got there they had back to back 1-9 seasons only beating Pickett Co. So now he has went 5-5, and 4-6( could have been 7-3).....this "might" be his breakout year. I think the new school construction and proximety to Cookeville will help this program grow in the coming years.

I still think LA will be right in it for the district title when they play DC at end of season. LA is good in every sport.....Basketball, football, baseball. They didnt just suddenly stop having atheletes stop walking the hallways. If you beat them, it better be early on in the season. That said, I was talking to a few locals from baxter last night. The qb missed 4 games last year with two they lost in very close games. Also the #24 who had like 6 takles at lb and had to have over 100 yards receiving and serveral touchdowns didnt even play last year. Locals thought they could easly have been 7-3 last year and took the place of were York was. Croz is right, they also said these kids are use to winning. Never lost as 6th graders in the pee wee league and I think they didnt as 8th graders. So when people say, wow where did this come from, this group has always been good just hit with low numbers and injuries last couple of years. I dont think  people give their young coaching staff credit at UHS either. The same local said before Herron got there they had back to back 1-9 seasons only beating Pickett Co. So now he has went 5-5, and 4-6( could have been 7-3).....this "might" be his breakout year. I think the new school construction and proximety to Cookeville will help this program grow in the coming years.

LA plays at DC September 6th. They changed up the schedule a little this season. Could pay off catching LA early in the year. If UHS beats SC in game 3 it appears they could easily be 7-0 going to LA followed up by hosting DC.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I've been saying since early scrimmages that I expected our linebacking core to be a strength on defense. They are solid players. Spare is one of the few seniors and the ball brothers have been getting playing time since freshman.

Also, Cason from gvile hasn't been too explosive this year. I saw where gville fans were questioning him this year and when they scrimmaged DeKalb he didn't do anything there either.

I still think LA will be right in it for the district title when they play DC at end of season. LA is good in every sport.....Basketball, football, baseball. They didnt just suddenly stop having atheletes stop walking the hallways. If you beat them, it better be early on in the season. That said, I was talking to a few locals from baxter last night. The qb missed 4 games last year with two they lost in very close games. Also the #24 who had like 6 takles at lb and had to have over 100 yards receiving and serveral touchdowns didnt even play last year. Locals thought they could easly have been 7-3 last year and took the place of were York was. Croz is right, they also said these kids are use to winning. Never lost as 6th graders in the pee wee league and I think they didnt as 8th graders. So when people say, wow where did this come from, this group has always been good just hit with low numbers and injuries last couple of years. I dont think people give their young coaching staff credit at UHS either. The same local said before Herron got there they had back to back 1-9 seasons only beating Pickett Co. So now he has went 5-5, and 4-6( could have been 7-3).....this "might" be his breakout year. I think the new school construction and proximety to Cookeville will help this program grow in the coming years.

The question is this. Is Upperman the best team in Putnam County, including Tennessee Tech? I have a feeling what UpperCumberlandMan's answer will be.

So you're saying that the linebackers, especially the MLB, has no hope of even getting a tackle if Gill wasn't on the line. Sorry there buddy but I see a lot more talent in the linebacker core than I do the D-line. Gill is a good D lineman, no one has said otherwise, but he's not the only reason the defense is a success.

The defense played very well! Our d-line had pressure on the QB all night long. Stone was getting back there as well as the blitzing linebackers! The ends had a lot of pressure as well. The secondary is young but will get better! And yes judging by your posts, and the fact you only 6-7 of them seems like you are a  Pioneer fan in disguise......

Edited by Waterboy78