Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

Don't know who is drinking the most Kool Aid around here, but in Upper Cumberland Man's defense, Baxter beat a team that won a state championship last year that no one thought they could beat 60 to 14. DeKalb beat a Pioneer team that hasn't had a winning season in over thirty years. Seems like it's just one victory for each team to start a long season. Certainly no reason for Tigers' fans to be ordering their district champ banners or a new trophy case for their big gold ball.

Edited by Goldeaglefan

I was at the game last night, here's my take on the action. Dekalb's defense was solid, Gill didn't perform to all the hype that I've heard, but giving credit where it is due, he did have a good game as a D lineman. it was mentioned in an earlier post that he was chasing the QB all night. I didn't see it myself, he's way to slow, his size may hurt him a little. The other D lineman need a little more credit. The DB's look to need a little work and are on the young side but will probably improve greatly in the next week or two. The linebackers looked to be experienced and ready to play. Plenty of hard nose football and hardcore hitting. Spare and the Ball brothers looked and acted the parts of linebackers. Boss and Stone also looked good at end. The safety, number 8, Patterson I believe, needs improvement in the hitting department. Dekalb's offense looked young and inexperienced. The QB seemed to panic a little and hold on to the ball too long. A little experience will take care of all of his problems, he has a very bright future as QB. The backs looked good but need a little more blocking up front. The lineman need to step it up a notch and so do the receivers. The receivers weren't open quick enough or long enough.

The Pioneers' came to play but seemed to lack in the coaching department. The players were bigger and faster and seemed more enthusiastic. The running back was a beast, very strong and a hard runner. The defense pressured Dekalb's back field all night and didn't look that bad, really. I think most of the Pioneer's problems come from the fan base. Too much talk and not enough butt to back it up. The Southern Slander is a joke. It would be best if the paper were to back the team and stop the disrespectful printing, it looks bad on the entire county. I think Warren will learn from their mistakes and maybe win a few this year.

Gill is the reason our linebackers look so good. He blew up the first couple run plays and they started to having to double team him leaving the one of the ball brothers wide open. He makes the MLB have a cake walk because offensive lines are so worried about him. He is an unsung hero in a way I guess. Gill was also the reason for the first pic. He caused the quarterback to flush out of the pocket and chased him to the sideline. The QB had 2 options throw the ball our get mauled by a 340 pounder, and I don't think anyone wants to get mauled by a 340 pounder.

Don't know who is drinking the most Kool Aid around here, but in Upper Cumberland Man's defense, Baxter beat a team that won a state championship last year that no one thought they could beat 60 to 14. DeKalb beat a Pioneer team that hasn't had a winning season in over thirty years. Seems like it's just one victory for each team to start a long season. Certainly no reason for Tigers' fans to be ordering their district champ banners or a new trophy case for their big gold ball.

Show me a single post on here where any DC fan has said DC will be district champs or that they thought they would be. The most I have said about DC is that they will be a solid team that is in the race. All the Upperman praise is unwarranted and a bit premature. Very long season, lots of things can happen. Congrats on their win, still tired of hearing how great they are by people who's opinion has changed 10 times in this single thread.

Gill is the reason our linebackers look so good. He blew up the first couple run plays and they started to having to double team him leaving the one of the ball brothers wide open. He makes the MLB have a cake walk because offensive lines are so worried about him. He is an unsung hero in a way I guess. Gill was also the reason for the first pic. He caused the quarterback to flush out of the pocket and chased him to the sideline. The QB had 2 options throw the ball our get mauled by a 340 pounder, and I don't think anyone wants to get mauled by a 340 pounder.

So you're saying that the linebackers, especially the MLB, has no hope of even getting a tackle if Gill wasn't on the line. Sorry there buddy but I see a lot more talent in the linebacker core than I do the D-line. Gill is a good D lineman, no one has said otherwise, but he's not the only reason the defense is a success.

So you're saying that the linebackers, especially the MLB, has no hope of even getting a tackle if Gill wasn't on the line. Sorry there buddy but I see a lot more talent in the linebacker core than I do the D-line. Gill is a good D lineman, no one has said otherwise, but he's not the only reason the defense is a success.

I'm saying he makes it easier for them. Why are we picking apart our own players?

Yes! Since today is technically the start of everyone's football season ill lock in my prediction on final position at the end of week 10. 1)DC 2)UHS 3)SC 4)LA 5)York 6)MC 7)CC I think it will truly come down to who just comes out and plays. Whoever wins it I just hope they represent our district well and make a deep run! Or the runner up haha

I believe someone from Smithville has made that claim even before the big win over McMinnville last night. I'd say its still way too early to rule anyone out. Smith County lost to Alcoa - pretty sure most everyone in the district would have and LA lost but in the worst field conditions ever after a 30 minute downpour before the game. Still lots of football to be played before any bragging starts. York had a bunch out hurt and got a bunch more hurt last night. If they get healthy, they could surprise some people too.

I'm saying he makes it easier for them. Why are we picking apart our own players?

I don't think anyone is picking apart players. Lol. I think credit is given where its due. One D lineman shouldn't get credit for all the talent on the defensive side of the ball. As I said he is a great player. And I will also reiterate, the linebackers looked good last night, very good, 43 and 5 show good speed and 45 shows good heads up hard hitting and the ability to read the offense. It is a team effort not an individual.

I don't think anyone is picking apart players. Lol. I think credit is given where its due. One D lineman shouldn't get credit for all the talent on the defensive side of the ball. As I said he is a great player. And I will also reiterate, the linebackers looked good last night, very good, 43 and 5 show good speed and 45 shows good heads up hard hitting and the ability to read the offense. It is a team effort not an individual.

I wasn't saying it was a one man show. I'm sorry if you pulled that away from what I was typing. I was misunderstanding. I just don't want our own fans putting down our defensive captain. What if he got on here and saw one of his fans don't care for him. That might put a hole in his boat, if you get what I mean.

Guest Termite

I wasn't saying it was a one man show. I'm sorry if you pulled that away from what I was typing. I was misunderstanding. I just don't want our own fans putting down our defensive captain. What if he got on here and saw one of his fans don't care for him. That might put a hole in his boat, if you get what I mean.

You make him sound awful................fragile.