Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

I think a lot of teams who have had success in the past few years have forgotten that they weren't always so great. I don't get the hostility toward Upperman though. If Cannon suddenly turned things around, I would be happy for them - same for any other school in our district. Can't figure out why the Bees have so many haters.

I think it's hard for anyone to believe Upperman being that good.

And, I wouldn't call it hate, however Cannon won the district a few years ago and people respected that.

They made a statement simply by winning, not running up the score.

Upperman can make a statement and they have, but are they doing it respectfully. I think that's the issue.

Like I said earlier. I don't mind. Herron's gonna coach how he thinks is best.

I believe when the games well in hand, get your backups some reps, It will only benefit the team.

There's no doubt that Upperman was the better team in all their games, and I think they'll win out, but did they do it with class or style?

I understand your point. I watched Livingston's middle school playing their starters against Cornerstone a few weeks ago even though they were in the mercy rule at the half. The Hayes kid was still running the ball and trying to score with less than a minute left and he went down with a leg injury. Think it ended up being a cramp or something minor but it could have been serious and he makes their team. They would have been seriously handicapped if he was out - stupid when you are already up by 40. I'm not sure why Upperman would leave York in if the game has been decided. I know Ben Herron doesn't give a crap about anyone's personal stats or achievements. He just wants to win games.

Heard the jv team went and played sc on Monday and won by several TDs. Surprised me because they got killed in scrimmages at ckvl and Sparta. This was their first game though. Gordonsville and Monterey both canceled for the first two jv games. There is no doubt that they will be down next year though.

UHS will not be as down as some think.They have a big sophmore classand freshman class. 2 parents I know from Algood sending their very good football playing sons to Baxter instead of Cookeville. With that said, DC/Macon fight for 1st next year. UHS/YI/LA fight for other three spots. SC fall to 6th with CC way behind in last. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

UHS will not be as down as some think.They have a big sophmore classand freshman class. 2 parents I know from Algood sending their very good football playing sons to Baxter instead of Cookeville. With that said, DC/Macon fight for 1st next year. UHS/YI/LA fight for other three spots. SC fall to 6th with CC way behind in last.

Ok seriously you should copy Murphy Fair and do a magazine of all the Upper cumberland teams because of your infinite knowledge. You are crazy if you don't think LA will win the district next year...Linders, Hollers, and Eldridge will all be back with Qualls. They will be loaded next year as far as skill kids go.

In my exp as a player, its up to the losing team to call off the dogs. I know I wouldn't let a 42-0 game end up 35-21. I also wouldn't put 14 and 15 year olds up against 17-18 year olds. My deal would be, once you conceive the loss, take your starters out and so will I. Jusst my take on the matter.

I have never, nor will I ever 'concieve' a loss.

Ok seriously you should copy Murphy Fair and do a magazine of all the Upper cumberland teams because of your infinite knowledge. You are crazy if you don't think LA will win the district next year...Linders, Hollers, and Eldridge will all be back with Qualls. They will be loaded next year as far as skill kids go.

Dekalb will have just as much back next year and I think better than LA in the line. And a better qb.

How is that crazy? DC loses 3 seniors this year and have a lineup of freshman and sophomores scattered everywhere and just beat LA. Not a single offensive player will leave after this year but one lineman.

Next season the majority of the close losses LA has experienced this season will be wins. DC and LA will lead the way, with DC having a slight edge. DC will be voted district favorites coming into next season but the game is still played on the field. I believe Upperman will take a big step back next season, maybe they wont be as bad as some people expect but other teams will be a year older and a year improved.

Dekalb will have just as much back next year and I think better than LA in the line. And a better qb.

You are not very bright are you? LA is always better than dekalb up front. Linder is better than any RB in that district. Hollers is the best WR in that district with Eldridge being a close 2nd. Jennings is better than Qualls. If LA would have had Linder or Hollers they beat Dekalb handily.