Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

True, QB York is not SEC/D-1 tallent, but who in this district is or has been? But for this level of football and this district, he seems special. There is a reason Murphy Fair picked him as top 3a qb in the state in 2013. I think Manning might could be this type player but either has been under used or doesn't have as much talent around him. I seen this kid in 2011 verse Rockwood, 2012 verse LA, and this year verse Gordonsville. Three good teams he went against and looked very good.

Nobody has but that is why I mentioned the names I did. I could care less what Murphy thinks. I have see the kid multiple times as well. Yes he is a good high school football player, but I would still take McCoin and Philips over him. Manning well he had a great Sophomore year and after that what has he done? He was a one way player for the most up until this year his stats should be much much better.

Nobody has but that is why I mentioned the names I did. I could care less what Murphy thinks. I have see the kid multiple times as well. Yes he is a good high school football player, but I would still take McCoin and Philips over him. Manning well he had a great Sophomore year and after that what has he done? He was a one way player for the most up until this year his stats should be much much better.

Last I will say on this subject, but let's compare numbers at end of 2013 and see how C.York compares to McCoin and Phillips. And you might not care what Murphy thinks, and I am sure some people don't care what me or you think either. I played ball at the D-1 level and on a HS team that had several others play D-1. No, he is not Jalen Hurd, but who the heck is? I still say this: Upperman will lose a game or two and that might start friday, but C.York will be the best kid on the field every week until the playoffs. If that aint special, me and you have a diffrent definition of the word. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

UHS/SC is hard to predict, because here's a stat that is shocking. Two games into the season Manning has 7 touches. If the stats true then that's ridiculous. If they use their weapons the game could be different. Ill probably go UHS 28 SC 14 but something tells me they finally feed the beast.

DC 21 LA 14. Finally got this game early in the season and have no road trip to take. I think we finally get the monkey off our back.

York 21 MC 14. Sloppy game id expect, but York finds a way.

RBS 10 CC 7. It's bad when you pick red boiling springs. Cannon is just that bad. At least rbs was able to score on the Jackson county team that shut out cannon. I'd say this is a game where both struggle.

RBS and Cannon don't play til next week.

I said he is a good high school football player. To be considered "Special" you need to have things that go with "Special" like multiple offers. Of course coaches in the Uppercumberlandman are going to say they he is good cause most play UHS. He is what makes their offense good. If you can stop York you can beat Upperman plain and simple.

For Upperman footbal, Connor York is special.

Was his brother Ty?

If so, I think he was entertaining offers from Navy.

If Connor is better, He could get more.

To me, An offer from one of the academies says a little more. JMO.

Last I will say on this subject, but let's compare numbers at end of 2013 and see how C.York compares to McCoin and Phillips. And you might not care what Murphy thinks, and I am sure some people don't care what me or you think either. I played ball at the D-1 level and on a HS team that had several others play D-1. No, he is not Jalen Hurd, but who the heck is? I still say this: Upperman will lose a game or two and that might start friday, but C.York will be the best kid on the field every week until the playoffs. If that aint special, me and you have a diffrent definition of the word.

Stats are from senior season only:

Phillips: 2,680 passing yards. 43 td's, 5 int's.

720 yards rushing, 6 td's.

McCoin: 1,536 passing yards. 17 td's, 2 int's.

820 rushing yards, 14 td's.

Complete high school career stats:

Phillips: 5,368 passing yards, 71 td's.

1,307 rushing yards, 13 td's.

More than 6,000 total yards of offense.

McCoin: 4,022 passing yards, 45 td's.

http://www.gohatters.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14600&ATCLID=208539360

http://www.ttusports.com/sports/fball/2013-14/bios/mccoin_brock

Sorry for the long post but while you bring up comparing I'm just showing he's no more special than what this district has had lately. I'm sure he's good, but the whole district bein young this year will make him look better. Also as stated above, ill take Phillips all day. I know he lost in his head to head matchups against McCoin but stats don't lie. Phillips was great for the spread and McCoin had a way of getting things done. Is York good? Yes. But if special is the case then we've had alot of those.

Sorry for the long post but while you bring up comparing I'm just showing he's no more special than what this district has had lately. I'm sure he's good, but the whole district bein young this year will make him look better. Also as stated above, ill take Phillips all day. I know he lost in his head to head matchups against McCoin but stats don't lie. Phillips was great for the spread and McCoin had a way of getting things done. Is York good? Yes. But if special is the case then we've had alot of those.

I am just curious on why a kid would choose Stetson over TTU, Middle Tennessee, and Brown. They play much better competition than Stetson and Brown has to be a better academic university. Puffery maybe?? Edited by 45forty

Only he and his family knows and that's the kind of thing I don't really get into. It's his choice and I'm sure he did what he thought was in his best interest. Maybe he was ready to start a new chapter somewhere else and liked Florida. The team is made up of mostly redshirt freshman and freshman so he has a level playin field to compete with for reps. As long as he's happy I'm proud to see a Tiger playing at the next level.

Last I will say on this subject, but let's compare numbers at end of 2013 and see how C.York compares to McCoin and Phillips. And you might not care what Murphy thinks, and I am sure some people don't care what me or you think either. I played ball at the D-1 level and on a HS team that had several others play D-1. No, he is not Jalen Hurd, but who the heck is? I still say this: Upperman will lose a game or two and that might start friday, but C.York will be the best kid on the field every week until the playoffs. If that aint special, me and you have a diffrent definition of the word.

He is special for 8AA their you have it. That district is way down this year compared to years past. Saw him against the best teams in the district last year and he was not the best player in the field when he was healthy last year. The only thing that makes him the best this year is the lack of overall talent in the district this year. If Linders or Hollers where healthy they would be the two best players.

For Upperman footbal, Connor York is special.

Was his brother Ty?

If so, I think he was entertaining offers from Navy.

If Connor is better, He could get more.

To me, An offer from one of the academies says a little more. JMO.

I'm confused. Connor York has three brothers - Tyler, Austin and Bronson. I think one of them got a scholarship to Tech. Ty Fields was an Upperman QB a few years ago but he isn't related to the York's. Academics are just as important as athletics at the academies.

Those are impressive but accourding to Hearld citizen, her is CYorks stats after 2 games: 352 rushing 7 td 323 passing 3 td 0 int. And one 2 point conversion. On pace for 1760 rushing 35 td, 1650 passing 15 td. As a junior in 6 games " Murphy Fair" 1700 passing 283 ypg and 750 rushing 125 ypg and 25 td 4.2 tdpg....

Those are impressive but accourding to Hearld citizen, her is CYorks stats after 2 games: 352 rushing 7 td 323 passing 3 td 0 int. And one 2 point conversion. On pace for 1760 rushing 35 td, 1650 passing 15 td. As a junior in 6 games " Murphy Fair" 1700 passing 283 ypg and 750 rushing 125 ypg and 25 td 4.2 tdpg....

No telling what his stats will be after playing Macon, Clay, Jackson, and Cannon. Plus he is 3a, not 4a with more kids to choose from like LA and DC and that counts for a lot.