Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

DC will definitely have to play better offensively than they did tonight to beat the likes of Upperman, or even LA next week. Yeah, we beat a team that beat LA, but that doesnt mean much.

Can we beat Upperman? I think so. But we have a steep hill to climb. And we will have to play a great game. Will some of my fellow DC fans take offense to this? Probably. But im a realist. And realistically Upperman hung 60 on a Gordonsville team that turned out to be better than everyone was giving them credit for.

Some people may be breathing a little easier when thinking about the LA game after the win tonight. But the history of losing to the WIldcats could play a factor for our team mentally. Im still very nervous about next week's game.

I agree 100 % with everything you said. The LA game could really go either way, since its at home I got DC by about 7. I think Upperman is good, but im not ready to say they will run threw the district. Come time to play Upperman our O will better and DC will be up for the challenge. What happens when Upperman finally faces a little adversity? How do they handle it? We all seen how DC handled it last season vs. LA.

Im by no means saying that i think UHS will run through the district untouched. Can they? It's very possible. Will they? I sure hope not  :thumb: 

I think next friday will tell us a lot more about the bees. If they completely mercy rule Smith, then i think it will be a pretty tall order to beat them. Otherwise, i say we have a relatively decent chance. I will say that their schedule looks about like DC's did last year; a little soft. (Yeah, GHS was state champ last year, but there's still Jackson Co, Monterey, and Clay Co on there.) And everyone knows what happened to DC when they played LA after that less-than-challenging schedule.

And before anyone says anything about me talking about schedules, i said on this website last year that DC had no business playing Clay County. In fact, i think Trousdale was a team i brought up that i thought we should play, and lo and behold who we schedule this year.

Honestly, no matter how this season turns out, im happy with the direction that DC football is taking. I hope TC becomes a mainstay on our schedule because playing teams like that prepare you for the playoffs.

Im by no means saying that i think UHS will run through the district untouched. Can they? It's very possible. Will they? I sure hope not  :thumb:

I think next friday will tell us a lot more about the bees. If they completely mercy rule Smith, then i think it will be a pretty tall order to beat them. Otherwise, i say we have a relatively decent chance. I will say that their schedule looks about like DC's did last year; a little soft. (Yeah, GHS was state champ last year, but there's still Jackson Co, Monterey, and Clay Co on there.) And everyone knows what happened to DC when they played LA after that less-than-challenging schedule.

And before anyone says anything about me talking about schedules, i said on this website last year that DC had no business playing Clay County. In fact, i think Trousdale was a team i brought up that i thought we should play, and lo and behold who we schedule this year.

Honestly, no matter how this season turns out, im happy with the direction that DC football is taking. I hope TC becomes a mainstay on our schedule because playing teams like that prepare you for the playoffs.

I know you wasnt saying you thought Upperman would run through the district but some people on here are. Like I said I think they are a good team but im not ready to claim them champs just yet.

Yea a DC/UHS title match would be a good one to watch. Buddy that was texting me scores say again this week 2 scores were taken off for border line penalties 50 yards behind the ball. Sorta like last week. Jut can't beleave UHS could have scored 70 points each of first two games even with who they played in first two games. I guess the Herron guy has turned the corner no matter what happens at this point. He is a home towner from what I hear, so finally they should have a coach that stays a while to build something. Also impressed how York came back from bad week one to get a win. When they get more back from injury, they could upset someone. Macon score was closer than I thought it would be. I still hear Macon's jr high is beating teams like 50-0 ever week so future is bright.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Do you have ties to the Macon area Upper Cumberland man? I know you've asked about Lucas ward several times. I also hear there is a cothron with Macon ties on this outstanding upper man team, are you kin to him?

No ties to Westmoreland. I have a few co workers with Uppermam ties but I live in Rickman, Overton Co. I just read were the Ward kid was toughted as one of the beter players for Westy this year.