Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

I'd like to see SC knock Upperman off their high horse.

high horse? I don't see anything to indicate their fans bragging. Just a team that finally has something to cheer about and has a lot of seniors and one special player. SO if Cannon starts out 2-0 next year, suddenly they will be on the " high horse"? Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

UHS/SC is hard to predict, because here's a stat that is shocking. Two games into the season Manning has 7 touches. If the stats true then that's ridiculous. If they use their weapons the game could be different. Ill probably go UHS 28 SC 14 but something tells me they finally feed the beast.

DC 21 LA 14. Finally got this game early in the season and have no road trip to take. I think we finally get the monkey off our back.

York 21 MC 14. Sloppy game id expect, but York finds a way.

RBS 10 CC 7. It's bad when you pick red boiling springs. Cannon is just that bad. At least rbs was able to score on the Jackson county team that shut out cannon. I'd say this is a game where both struggle.

high horse? I don't see anything to indicate their fans bragging. Just a team that finally has something to cheer about and has a lot of seniors and one special player. SO if Cannon starts out 2-0 next year, suddenly they will be on the " high horse"?

I would not call him by any means special!! He is a good high school football player, but for the term "Special" to be used is far fetched! It sounds like the same garbage a few years ago when his brother was playing people saying he was "Special". Jalen Hurd is special, Todd Kelly is special, Vic Wharton is special. Connor York is not special.

I would not call him by any means special!! He is a good high school football player, but for the term "Special" to be used is far fetched! It sounds like the same garbage a few years ago when his brother was playing people saying he was "Special". Jalen Hurd is special, Todd Kelly is special, Vic Wharton is special. Connor York is not special.

I didn't see his brother play, but Connor York is darn good. Every coach Upperman had played against had commented in his talent when interviewed before and after the game according to the Herald. Without the injury last season, his stats would rival any high school QB in the state. I don't know if he has the drive and work ethic to make the most if his ability but he is an excellent athlete

I didn't see his brother play, but Connor York is darn good. Every coach Upperman had played against had commented in his talent when interviewed before and after the game according to the Herald. Without the injury last season, his stats would rival any high school QB in the state. I don't know if he has the drive and work ethic to make the most if his ability but he is an excellent athlete

I said he is a good high school football player. To be considered "Special" you need to have things that go with "Special" like multiple offers. Of course coaches in the Uppercumberlandman are going to say they he is good cause most play UHS. He is what makes their offense good. If you can stop York you can beat Upperman plain and simple.

True, QB York is not SEC/D-1 tallent, but who in this district is or has been? But for this level of football and this district, he seems special. There is a reason Murphy Fair picked him as top 3a qb in the state in 2013. I think Manning might could be this type player but either has been under used or doesn't have as much talent around him. I seen this kid in 2011 verse Rockwood, 2012 verse LA, and this year verse Gordonsville. Three good teams he went against and looked very good. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan