Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

I think the UHS-DC game will bring more hype than LA-DC did last year.Both team hould win the nexy two and come in as a 8-0 3a verse 6-2 4a both looking to win first district title in years. DC seeem to be getting better all around. UH D I tarting to pitch shutouts while offense keeps rolling. This will be a must see game.

You're right UCM about us getting better. I knew the only way to go was up from the first game of the season on. So many young guys out there and the ones that aren't only had mop up duty last year. They have improved greatly and have faced tough competition to prepare them. This is probably the toughest schedule I can remember since 08 when we were still in the other district.

You're right UCM about us getting better. I knew the only way to go was up from the first game of the season on. So many young guys out there and the ones that aren't only had mop up duty last year. They have improved greatly and have faced tough competition to prepare them. This is probably the toughest schedule I can remember since 08 when we were still in the other district.

hould be a great game

I think the UHS-DC game will bring more hype than LA-DC did last year.Both team hould win the nexy two and come in as a 8-0 3a verse 6-2 4a both looking to win first district title in years. DC seeem to be getting better all around. UH D I tarting to pitch shutouts while offense keeps rolling. This will be a must see game.

I've read and read and read your post all year Mr. UpperCumberlandMan (Ben Herron) and to be honest they keep getting farther and farther from reality! And I am sick of seeing people just let you go on without saying a word to you about your lack of intelligence.  So, you and GoldenEagleFan (Dustin Williams) listen up... Yes Upperman has looked impressive all year, but YOU have played one heck of a schedule hope that prepares you for the part of the season that matters most the playoffs! 10-1 and 9-2 looks awesome on shirts at the end of the year ask Smith County! Btw few bad calls by SC coaching staff or they beat you! Going for two up by 30 plus points I don't care if he's open or not there is an unwritten rule in the game and you just don't do that! But go ahead pick on the "step kids" while the powers reload you will get what is coming to you in seven folds! That's how karma works! Next more hype than last year? Really Ben get over yourself! LA vs. DC last year was week 10 District title on the line, Home field advantage for the 2nd meeting in the 2nd round of the playoffs was on the line DeKalb’s perfect season on the line, McCoin vs. Phillips, LA O vs. DC D, DC O vs. LA D, and 2 Top Ten Teams in 4a. I mean I could go on and on. Words of advice Coach be proud of the accomplishments of your kids, but to be a Winner you must first learn how to win. Once again enjoy your once every 2 decades team, because the big boys in the district will be back. And to DeKalb Tigers would you please kick the snot out of these air heads!

I've read and read and read your post all year Mr. UpperCumberlandMan (Ben Herron) and to be honest they keep getting farther and farther from reality! And I am sick of seeing people just let you go on without saying a word to you about your lack of intelligence. So, you and GoldenEagleFan (Dustin Williams) listen up... Yes Upperman has looked impressive all year, but YOU have played one heck of a schedule hope that prepares you for the part of the season that matters most the playoffs! 10-1 and 9-2 looks awesome on shirts at the end of the year ask Smith County! Btw few bad calls by SC coaching staff or they beat you! Going for two up by 30 plus points I don't care if he's open or not there is an unwritten rule in the game and you just don't do that! But go ahead pick on the "step kids" while the powers reload you will get what is coming to you in seven folds! That's how karma works! Next more hype than last year? Really Ben get over yourself! LA vs. DC last year was week 10 District title on the line, Home field advantage for the 2nd meeting in the 2nd round of the playoffs was on the line DeKalb’s perfect season on the line, McCoin vs. Phillips, LA O vs. DC D, DC O vs. LA D, and 2 Top Ten Teams in 4a. I mean I could go on and on. Words of advice Coach be proud of the accomplishments of your kids, but to be a Winner you must first learn how to win. Once again enjoy your once every 2 decades team, because the big boys in the district will be back. And to DeKalb Tigers would you please kick the snot out of these air heads!

Cool story... I remember my first beer.

"60 td's is about as possible as Butter Bean running the Music City Marathon". For the season UHS qb has 728 passing 145 ypg 10 td, 944 rushing 189 ypg 20 td. So total 334 ypg and 5 td per game. 60 td's probably won't happen, but it is possible.

972 pass 162 ypg 14 td's. 1045 ruhing 175 ypg 22 td's. So acccourding to local paper QB York is averaging 337 ypg and 6 tpg.

I've read and read and read your post all year Mr. UpperCumberlandMan (Ben Herron) and to be honest they keep getting farther and farther from reality! And I am sick of seeing people just let you go on without saying a word to you about your lack of intelligence. So, you and GoldenEagleFan (Dustin Williams) listen up... Yes Upperman has looked impressive all year, but YOU have played one heck of a schedule hope that prepares you for the part of the season that matters most the playoffs! 10-1 and 9-2 looks awesome on shirts at the end of the year ask Smith County! Btw few bad calls by SC coaching staff or they beat you! Going for two up by 30 plus points I don't care if he's open or not there is an unwritten rule in the game and you just don't do that! But go ahead pick on the "step kids" while the powers reload you will get what is coming to you in seven folds! That's how karma works! Next more hype than last year? Really Ben get over yourself! LA vs. DC last year was week 10 District title on the line, Home field advantage for the 2nd meeting in the 2nd round of the playoffs was on the line DeKalb’s perfect season on the line, McCoin vs. Phillips, LA O vs. DC D, DC O vs. LA D, and 2 Top Ten Teams in 4a. I mean I could go on and on. Words of advice Coach be proud of the accomplishments of your kids, but to be a Winner you must first learn how to win. Once again enjoy your once every 2 decades team, because the big boys in the district will be back. And to DeKalb Tigers would you please kick the snot out of these air heads!

first off dip wad, I know who Ben is but never have never spoke to him. Second, I live in Overton Co. Go back and look, I picked LA to win the district in preseaon, before Hollars got hurt and the tb was suspended. So just get over yourself. And, the way Dekalb is getting better, I doubt LA competes for ditrict next year either with all they got back. I don't think UH will be down as much as everyone thinks pulling kids from 3 jr high's in Putnam open zoning. York and Macon both are very young and will be very improved. So worry about the program you root for, and quit talking &@#t about people you have no clue about. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I my main concern with DC right now is that they need to take POSITIVES away from the TC game and not let the heartbreaking outcome affect them mentally as we reach the final stretch of the season.

If the defense can mantain the level it was on Friday night, then we could very well be in position to win the district. The improvement in our level of play all around between the Cannon County and Trousdale County games was SIGNIFICANT.

Dustin Williams, huh? Too funny. I hear he's a nice man and I know that the players like and respect him, but afraid you're way off base. Upperman probably wouldn't have won a game if I were calling their defense. Karma is a witch - a lot of teams learn that every year - including LA this year. UHS may not win another game for two decades, but the kids there this year deserve to enjoy the rewards of their hard work just like LA did last year. Will they win a gold ball? Guess that remains to be seen, but going 6-0 to start their senior year after being 1-9 freshman year is a heck of of an accomplishment and they deserve to be proud of that while they work to keep winning. So, who cares what the numbers are on the shirts at the end of the year - right now the shirts say Upperman Bees and that's something to be proud of all by itself. To take a program with 19 kids and one win and turn in completely around in three years is an accomplishment no matter who you ask.

I my main concern with DC right now is that they need to take POSITIVES away from the TC game and not let the heartbreaking outcome affect them mentally as we reach the final stretch of the season.

If the defense can mantain the level it was on Friday night, then we could very well be in position to win the district. The improvement in our level of play all around between the Cannon County and Trousdale County games was SIGNIFICANT.

There could be a slight letdown after the tough loss last Friday so I am glad we got one more home game before we go on the road for a few games to close out the season. This DC team will continue to improve and I suspect the DC/UHS game will be a good one.

There could be a slight letdown after the tough loss last Friday so I am glad we got one more home game before we go on the road for a few games to close out the season. This DC team will continue to improve and I suspect the DC/UHS game will be a good one.

It sounds like DC has a bright future with a young squad given TC all they could handle. Hopefully they give Upperman a game to get them prepared for the playoffs and if DC keeps improving every week they could make some noise in the playoffs as well.