Milan at CPA. The Rematch

spectator1

Probably not against Milan, but CPA has scored 42+ in 5 games this year, and 30+ in every game since the opener vs. Goodpasture. The second time they played Goodpasture they put up 62. So 42 on Milan would suprise me, but only slightly.

No disrespect intended to CPA....but I truly believe that Covington is just as good if not better than CPA. They only put up 24 on us and 7 of that was a gift on a fumbled punt inside the 10. I just don't see this game getting out of the 20s.

I mean no disrespect towards anyone but CPA is on a totally different level and it's going to take a very good (let me rephrase........GREAT) football team to beat them. I have been watching high school football games since I was a child and I can remember being a youngster and seeing some great ones play (i.e. John Henderson). In all of those years I do not recall watching a defensive lineman, at the high school level, who has caused more chaos for teams on a weekly basis than what I have seen from #72 Elliott. He is a man amongst boys out there at times.

No disrespect intended to CPA....but I truly believe that Covington is just as good if not better than CPA. They only put up 24 on us and 7 of that was a gift on a fumbled punt inside the 10. I just don't see this game getting out of the 20s.

No disrespect being compared to a powerhouse like Covington.

I think that Milan has a bit more speed and will be able to cover the pass better than anyone else CPA has played this year. They are also very big up-front and they have the best linebacker in the state in Coleman. I think BPM is right. Last years game was 16-14 and a defensive battle. I expect no less Friday night.

The CPA starting offense did not play a grand total of 4 snaps against Cheatham. They ran 3 plays and then had a punt blocked. On the 4th snap the QB took a knee to end the game.

The CPA starting defense did not play the "next to last" series against the Cubs however after Cheatham recovered the "onside kick" with the score reading 37-21 those were the CPA starters that came back out onto the field to finish the contest defensively. It is hard to mistake kids like #21, #72, #6, etc. LOL....

As far as the line is concerned..........

Cheatham rushed for 5,000 yards as a team this year and put 3 running backs over 1,400 yards rushing. I agree that CPA's toughness in the trenches last week was huge but by no means was that the LONE DIFFERENCE in the game. Mitchell throwing the football to Richard also played a major factor.

I have seen Milan and truly believe that Cheatham County would have beaten them had the two teams played one another this week. I am sure Maurice Patton would have picked it the other way around but then again he always picked against the Cubs.

I feel like CPA will roll in this one (I will officially call a 42 to 14 win for the Lions) and play CAK (without an "e") for the Class 3A State Championship.

Your description of the CC game is right on...

Maurice had picked against CPA so much that it became a badge of honor LOL.

Edited by coachrus

The CPA starting offense did not play a grand total of 4 snaps against Cheatham. They ran 3 plays and then had a punt blocked. On the 4th snap the QB took a knee to end the game.

The CPA starting defense did not play the "next to last" series against the Cubs however after Cheatham recovered the "onside kick" with the score reading 37-21 those were the CPA starters that came back out onto the field to finish the contest defensively. It is hard to mistake kids like #21, #72, #6, etc. LOL....

As far as the line is concerned..........

Cheatham rushed for 5,000 yards as a team this year and put 3 running backs over 1,400 yards rushing. I agree that CPA's toughness in the trenches last week was huge but by no means was that the LONE DIFFERENCE in the game. Mitchell throwing the football to Richard also played a major factor.

I have seen Milan and truly believe that Cheatham County would have beaten them had the two teams played one another this week. I am sure Maurice Patton would have picked it the other way around but then again he always picked against the Cubs.

I feel like CPA will roll in this one (I will officially call a 42 to 14 win for the Lions) and play CAK (without an "e") for the Class 3A State Championship.

thats the tricky thing about milan. People think they can beat them then they come in and beat u 38-20 for two years in a row lol.

I think CPA maybe has a slightly better team than Milan and they are playing

At home, but howdoiknow's assessment of the game, IMO, is way off.

I just can't see CPA beating Milan by double digits.

We are the underdog and the pressure, if there is any, will be on CPA.

Once again don't let Milan's lack of flashiness fool you.

thats the tricky thing about milan. People think they can beat them then they come in and beat u 38-20 for two years in a row lol.

Milan doesn't look that flashy when you watch them on film. But lets be honest. Their line play is solid..... they have a good rb..... a 3yr starting senior qb..... speed on defense...... excellent special teams and a coaching staff that has been together for 17yrs and played in many big games.

Other teams may be more talented.... but if Milan doesn't make mistakes...... they are very hard to beat!!!

Just because CPA beat CC like a red headed orphan doesn't mean they

are on "another level" than Milan. Sorry Howdy I don't buy it, but if it makes

you feel better then keep saying it.

BPM knows i give milan alk the credit in the world and.after watching.CPA games over the years and seeing milan games over the years. Id have to say this years CPA squad has the msost well rounded team ive ever seen in 3A or 4A in the middle and west regions if tennessee. They will be.very hard.for Milan.to beat. Glad this game.is 15 mindown the.road from fairview. you can guarantee i will be there. Historically its smart to pick Milan but i dont.think this is their year. CPA wins by 14. if milan.plays.perfect ball. CPA wins by 7. They are good this year fellas. Real good.