Liberty @ Covington

fsunoles1623

Lib & tennis, what about the Liberty coach or representative in the press box that was said to be using offensive language in front on fans women & children up by the pressbox. Said to be MFing, GD & such, loud & obnoxiously on the first drive, excessively on the first flag. Guy was 19 to 24ish yrs old, 6-4ish had a fitted baseball cap with TECH across the back. Your coach, administration, etc needs to be aware of this if they somehow are unaware of it. It is a bad reflection on Liberty & the school system. Was told he went in on into the pressbox soon after and they really didn't hear much of him after 1st 4 or 5 minutes on account he stayed in the pressbox. Don't know if he was offically with the staff or what but he was definitely not repping in postive or educated manner.

bentley...i do not represent the coaching staff or student athletes from liberty...but i am a fan...i go to virtually every sporting event they have and when i dont i have contacts at those games...i was at covington for the semis...i know the coaches that are up in the booth...if it happened...and it prolly did...im sorry...but thats life...when disappointing things happen ppl react differently...ppl have different views on what is appropriate...ethics...morals...religion...upbringing...all play factors

regardless...i see where u are coming from...as for the 1st series...and most of the night...liberty was awful...nothing like the last several weeks they had been playing...compound that with the ridiculous personal fouls that kept giving covington the 1st downs and i see why they were upset...the one called in the 2nd half was legit and although not terribly violent...i would have been ok with our boy getting booted from the game...

im sure the coaches were disappointed with our boys performance...i know i was as a fan...making mistakes from effort is one thing...making dumb mistakes before the ball is snapped is unacceptable...

covington played a pretty solid game with very few mistakes...as i said earlier the better team that night won...the more consistent team on the season won...but i could see...as well as many others that covington needed another level to make things happen in the championship...i was really hoping for the chargers sake that they did play down a bit against us...

teams have bad games...i think thats what bothers me most about some of the things that are said on the boards...its incredibly hard to be so good all season long...ups and downs come...talking down to lexington fans is an example...i promise u that lexington could have beaten the team that covington put on the field in the semis and the finals...no i dont think they could have beaten fulton...also white house...i believe had a good chance of doing the same...liberty...yes...but only at our best...as im sure that covington could have done things a lil better this past saturday...

im sure u guys are annoyed at the east ppl sayin how giles and greeneville would beat u....well yea...because the only time they saw ur team play was in the championship game where ur QB wasnt nearly as efficient as he was against liberty...had he played that way against us it would have been liberty playing this weekend instead...but he didnt...he was money on virtually every pass...players play and fans talk...if u show some respect...ull get more respect

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaches expect the players to do what the players are coached to do. Look, if you were a High School football coach, coaching the heck of your players since Spring Ball, June & July. Would you expect the players to do what was told? I understand where you are coming from. But its common sense, if you sat in front of the pressbox, you should expect that. Its the SEMIFINALS! Dang how many times the Covington coaches cuss in the pressbox, or sideline? (I am just saying) But I don't blame the coaches using offensive language to get there fustration out, whether its a blown assingment, or a missed tackle. They coach the heck out of the players, worked numarious amouts of hours on Sunday, studying film on the Chargers. They EXPECT the players to do, because they worked and teached the players on plays, fundamentals, etc. about 6 months now.

You need to take a long look in the mirror.The guy cursing should be fired if he's employed by the school system,or replaced if he's a volunteer in some capacity...shouldn't have been in the box if not affiliated in some way with the club.You must be some piece of work to say you'd expect this behavior in any circumstance from someone who's job involves contact with kids.Maybe the lack of self discipline apparently exhibited at the drop of a hat(or flag)is the reason the team has trouble with it on the field.

You need to take a long look in the mirror.The guy cursing should be fired if he's employed by the school system,or replaced if he's a volunteer in some capacity...shouldn't have been in the box if not affiliated in some way with the club.You must be some piece of work to say you'd expect this behavior in any circumstance from someone who's job involves contact with kids.Maybe the lack of self discipline apparently exhibited at the drop of a hat(or flag)is the reason the team has trouble with it on the field.

So your saying if a coach cursed from the booth (which those things happened across the country) they should be automatically fired? ITS A SEMIFINAL GAME, THE WINNER GOES TO STATE! Thats it. I don't know why somebody will say that if a coach cursed, he should get fired. Players cursed, fans cursed, why not the coaches? Its just something to get there fustration out. I am totally fine with the coaches cursed in a semifinal game.

So your saying if a coach cursed from the booth (which those things happened across the country) they should be automatically fired? ITS A SEMIFINAL GAME, THE WINNER GOES TO STATE! Thats it. I don't know why somebody will say that if a coach cursed, he should get fired. Players cursed, fans cursed, why not the coaches? Its just something to get there fustration out. I am totally fine with the coaches cursed in a semifinal game.

I assume you read the post you replied to about the MF'ing and GD'ing... yes,I'm saying that an employee of the school system should be fired for using such language at an event where his/her school is represented.Would you be ok with a classroom teacher that cursed because a student did poorly on an exam?Or a janitor because a kid threw paper in the hallway?Any and all employees should be held to the same standard,and MF'ing and such is not acceptable by an ambassador of the school system.For you to make an exception because it was a semifinal game is ludicris too,you can't say it's ok here and not ok there or this guy can and that guy can't.

I assume you read the post you replied to about the MF'ing and GD'ing... yes,I'm saying that an employee of the school system should be fired for using such language at an event where his/her school is represented.Would you be ok with a classroom teacher that cursed because a student did poorly on an exam?Or a janitor because a kid threw paper in the hallway?Any and all employees should be held to the same standard,and MF'ing and such is not acceptable by an ambassador of the school system.For you to make an exception because it was a semifinal game is ludicris too,you can't say it's ok here and not ok there or this guy can and that guy can't.

just out of curiosity...was ur life changed by his language or actions...this is a trick question...and u can win it...im more than willing to allow it

just out of curiosity...was ur life changed by his language or actions...this is a trick question...and u can win it...im more than willing to allow it

I was not there...yes I caught your "trick",but I have an opinion.OK I bit on your question,now you answer mine...would you be comfortable assembling your entire family and allowing this jerk to go on a cursing rant in front of them?I have answered your question without any explination or disclaimors,now please do the same.

His is in a position to change kids lives by his actions. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am a teacher. IF he did say these things.... it should not be tolerated.

Okay? Trust me, i am in the Jackson schools all the time, I hear students cursed 24/7, i am used to that. So your telling me that if a football coached say Mf'ing and the GD word, he should get fired instant? I can tell you this, those players are used to get cursed at, and they are used to get there buts chewed out. Also so you saying that a football coaches across the USA that says the Mf'ing and the GD word should get fired, because if that happens, they're will be a whole lot of coaches that don't have a job. That Liberty coached is not the only one the cursed in the pressbox, they are coaches all over West Tennessee that does that, and some of those coaches was at Covington trying to win on the road (you probably was not sitting near the pressbox at the time). I promise you that football coaches cursed at their players about 20 times a day. Can't believe you haven't heard a coach cursed, even if it was NOT the Mf;ing or the GD word.

Okay? Trust me, i am in the Jackson schools all the time, I hear students cursed 24/7, i am used to that. So your telling me that if a football coached say Mf'ing and the GD word, he should get fired instant? I can tell you this, those players are used to get cursed at, and they are used to get there buts chewed out. Also so you saying that a football coaches across the USA that says the Mf'ing and the GD word should get fired, because if that happens, they're will be a whole lot of coaches that don't have a job. That Liberty coached is not the only one the cursed in the pressbox, they are coaches all over West Tennessee that does that, and some of those coaches was at Covington trying to win on the road (you probably was not sitting near the pressbox at the time). I promise you that football coaches cursed at their players about 20 times a day. Can't believe you haven't heard a coach cursed, even if it was NOT the Mf;ing or the GD word.

Pay attention...he didn't curse the players,nor was he in the pressbox...he cursed loudly in front of women and children in the stands...he was wearing team gear and then went into the pressbox.I've heard coaches curse plenty,most have the good sense to take situation and present company into account.I wont say that it's right in any situation,just more acceptable for instance on the practice field with 16-18 year old young men than in public when women and children are present.There's also a difference in language used,letting a four letter word slip is a bit more mild than the ones he chose...my profession places me in an enviroment where cursing is frequent,but present company is always accounted for,and the GD word is offensive in any enviroment.At this point it's clear that your opinion isn't going to change,and I'll guarantee that mine won't so we'll just agree to disagree...I just think it's sad that society has degenerated to the point that GD'ing and MF'ing in public at a school sanctioned event by an employee of the education system is not only accepted,but defended. Edited by tradertwo

Pay attention...he didn't curse the players,nor was he in the pressbox...he cursed loudly in front of women and children in the stands...he was wearing team gear and then went into the pressbox.I've heard coaches curse plenty,most have the good sense to take situation and present company into account.I wont say that it's right in any situation,just more acceptable for instance on the practice field with 16-18 year old young men than in public when women and children are present.There's also a difference in language used,letting a four letter word slip is a bit more mild than the ones he chose...my profession places me in an enviroment where cursing is frequent,but present company is always accounted for,and the GD word is offensive in any enviroment.At this point it's clear that your opinion isn't going to change,and I'll guarantee that mine won't so we'll just agree to disagree...I just think it's sad that society has degenerated to the point that GD'ing and MF'ing in public at a school sanctioned event by an employee of the education system is not only accepted,but defended.

ok, I didn't know that he cursed in front of women and childen. Now I do agree with you, using the 4 letter cursed word is totally different then using the GD word. And I do agree, since I am around all Jackson schools for numerous years, things change. More cursing, more skipping out of class, more brining illegal objects to school, and its not just the Jackson schools. I do think the only way to change the society of public schools, if a teacher caught a kid cursed, using the A,B, or F word, ISS for the rest of day + detention, and if the GD and the MF word comes, automatic susp. I do agree what you said on that statement.