Liberty @ Covington

fsunoles1623

I am not ready to admit that Trezevant was the best team Covington has faced. I think that Milan is just as good as Trezevant. I will admit that I was worried last Friday in the second half, though. Trezevan was tough and was a worthy opponent.

Based on your post above "white house was easily the biggest team in the trenches weve seen this season" I assume that you are a fan of Liberty Tech.

I really do find it weird that these two teams could play 13 opponents (to this point) and have no common opponent at all. That makes it really hard for me to get a handle on your squad.

Here's the skinny on our team: Covington runs the wing-t and will pass 2 to 5 times per game. Covington's defense is pretty good, giving up less than 10 points per game. The D has also had several spots where the opponent had the ball first and goal and ran 4 plays, then came up empty. They can shut you down.

Tell me what I need to know about Liberty.

The statement "THEY CAN SHUT YOU DOWN" defensivly thats what Lexington thought to.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington couldn't move the ball against trezevant in the 2nd half because trezevant was playing 9 men in the box and going one on one with our 2 receivers. Not sure why covington didn't try some short passes to tight end or running back sliding off if a block. Undoubtedly the coaches saw something that kept short pass plays out of the offense. Defensively covington couldn't contain the outside and the trezevant qb racked up some big runs around the ends. I stated earlier that covington has been one dimensional in previous trips to the state playoffs. This will have to be fixed hopefully this week or liberty will stack 8 or 9 up front defensively and shut the running game down. Be interesting to see what adjustments covington makes Friday nite to their offense.

I've probably forgotten about more games I've seen covington play than you've ever seen. And your right covington got whipped in the 2nd half. You keep thinking covington can win playing like they did in the 2nd half and you'll have to cheer for liberty in the finals. Does Portland ring a bell for you from several yrs back. And I'm not complaining just telling it like is. Go Chargers!

Edited by purpleandgoldfan

To all the Covington Chargers fans, there is this guy name Courtney BUSH. He can do everything and he can run the offense, and he is not the only one. They got big playmakers, and they line up in the diamond formation a lot. Defense for Liberty, not as good as Covington, but still good.

The reason why i capatialize BUSH is because he got a younger brother that is just as good.

Couple of Covington's linebackers are a step behind at times. If Covington can move the ball on offense and control the line they will be hard to beat. From what I've heard Liberty's defense wont be as athletic as Trezevants. Have also been warned about Liberty's running back heard he is a good one. Should be a great game...Go Chargers!