Mt. Juliet vs Whitehaven

dannyq

True comparison of Dodson/Hurd from a MJ perspective as I have seen both kids play:

Honestly, both players are similar when it comes to being patient and staying behind his blocks. Dodson at times when I thought was being stopped, would in fact just be lost in a host of bears/tigers and explode out of no where for 60+. Hurd is also explosive as well, but has the POWER to run right over someone. Didn't see any plays where Dodson clearly ran over/stiff armed someone. Both fantastic running backs, but if I had my choice, Hurd seems more reliable as he doesn't seem to fumble as much. Dodson was stripped 3 times if I remember correct.

Wow? Very Very Very good football game Friday night. To me it's what high school football is all about. Hat's off to Mt.Juiliet and their fan's and coaching staff. Their coaches scouted us good and gave us some serious things to work on this week. Can't say enough about the effort given by both teams. The difference in this game was Mark Dodson bottom line. If their is a back in Tennessee more explosive than this guy, l'm anxious to see them. MJ fans without being bitter,can I get a true comparison between Herd and Dodson?

PS:The majority of our players go to college and become productive citizens. Our Principle and all our coaches are products of Whitehaven.

Dodson is much quicker and much more elusive. Hurd has very good speed probably smiliar to Dodson with more power. he does not have the shiftiness of Dodson. I would say Dodson hits full speed a step faster than Hurd.

It was a great game. I had the opporunity to talk with some great Whitehaven fans. They could not have been more complimentry about the heart of the MJ players and how hard they played. Especially about Hopkins #5 and McCathern #2. It's a few that give everyone else a bad rep.

Maryville will school you on real football. Talk all the trash you want but its sad to watch 90% of your kids fall off in your community. Very sad. Very proud that MJ kids will go on to very productive lives. You guys face a very sad life ... that's just a very bacic fact. Glad we live here & you live there.

Good luck in Cookville. Really doesn't matter either way. Only one or two of you will make your life better by making it to the next level & statisticallly.. both both of those guys will be losers. Please .... Please have everyone on your squad watch ESPN's 30/30's Broke. All of the thugs on your squad need to watch it.

I actually hope you guys win Saturday night so everyone on your squad can be on ESPN in 10 years on the next 30/30.

You sound foolish and know nothing about Whitehaven except its a black inner city school so you just assume it's full of thugs because to racist idiots like u black automatically equals thug. Stop broadcasting the type of loser you are. Typical hill billy talk.😑

You sound foolish and know nothing about Whitehaven except its a black inner city school so you just assume it's full of thugs because to racist idiots like u black automatically equals thug. Stop broadcasting the type of loser you are. Typical hill billy talk.😑

I agree with everything you're saying about CVN72 , but why are you assuming he's a "hill billy " ? Aren't you doing the same thing by your stereotyping ? My bet is your "hill billy" is from Memphis area and he hates Whitehaven ... didn't take but a second to look at all the poster's posts , and nearly everyone is from the West side of the State .... are their " Hill Billies " in West Tn too ? Another wrong doesn't make it right .

I second that... I saw multiple coaches from Whitehaven come up and personally congratulate #5 on a great game with high fives and hugs and telling him to keep his head up - I appreciate the class of these men and their understanding how hard these guys fought and the emotions they had at the end... Thank you coaches for the respect and class!!!

I agree with everything you're saying about CVN72 , but why are you assuming he's a "hill billy " ? Aren't you doing the same thing by your stereotyping ? My bet is your "hill billy" is from Memphis area and he hates Whitehaven ... didn't take but a second to look at all the poster's posts , and nearly everyone is from the West side of the State .... are their " Hill Billies " in West Tn too ? Another wrong doesn't make it right .

There are plenty of hillbillies in the west,proud to be one too.The area that I'm from is notorious for being all white,but the vast maiority of people from here judge folks by their behavior,not ethnic background.The perception of racism here is the reason that it makes me so sick when some closed-minded idiot spews such sewage as some of the prior posts.

Maryville will school you on real football. Talk all the trash you want but its sad to watch 90% of your kids fall off in your community. Very sad. Very proud that MJ kids will go on to very productive lives. You guys face a very sad life ... that's just a very bacic fact. Glad we live here & you live there.

Good luck in Cookville. Really doesn't matter either way. Only one or two of you will make your life better by making it to the next level & statisticallly.. both both of those guys will be losers. Please .... Please have everyone on your squad watch ESPN's 30/30's Broke. All of the thugs on your squad need to watch it.

I actually hope you guys win Saturday night so everyone on your squad can be on ESPN in 10 years on the next 30/30.

What a moronic post.

Do you feel better now?

There are plenty of hillbillies in the west,proud to be one too.The area that I'm from is notorious for being all white,but the vast maiority of people from here judge folks by their behavior,not ethnic background.The perception of racism here is the reason that it makes me so sick when some closed-minded idiot spews such sewage as some of the prior posts.

Ok I see now , and yes the post by CVN72 is sewage and totally uncalled for , he should get a vacation from CoachT in my mind , but I'm not running the show

Edited by pepvol