Maryville @ Siegel TSSAA 6A Semifinals

Red Rebels

So you like them more then OR, Pep? :( lol jk

I like all teams that have a Classy Coach , team and fans ! The Siegel fans were great , the few I talked to after the game were in about as much shock as we were . We all knew we'd just seen a game that would never be forgotten . I had a few tell me we hope you all go on and win it all now , and I heard several others telling other Maryville fans that . Believe me , we were bragging on their team too . They reminded me of us in a lot of ways , they would come up and Knock the Crap out of you and then help you up , the way Football is supposed to be played .

As far as Oak Ridge , now that we won't be playing you all anymore I'll be pulling for the Ridge every game , and if we're not gonna play , we need to at least scrimmage every year . It would be cool to have Us win 6A , you all win 5A , and right down the line with all East Tn Teams !!

Coach Wyant at Siegel is a total class act! Great Coach and an even better human being!! Coach Wyant is great with his players and is a great example! Not sure what the Stars have in the pipe line because I no longer live in the Boro but I do know there has always been talent there! Hopefully Siegel will have more folks post on here so you all can find out whats coming up! Can't say enough about Coach Wyant though! We still talk about our time down there and how much we miss alot of the great folks like Coach W and his family! I also feel the high school football is better in Tn. then it is in Ohio! Kind of over rated and is not like it was up here in the 80's! Go Rebels get another title!!

Are we an Honorary Member now ? lol :mrgreen: Thanks for the Congrats ...

And once again thanks and Congrats to a great team in Siegel ... Hope you guys get a few more actual posters on here , It'd be nice to talk to you guys . If I can't get an answer from one of the actual Siegel fans , maybe a 7AAA expert could let me know this , Does Siegel have another QB that is coming up in the System that is anywhere close to Stockstill ? Are you guys losing a lot of people ? I think Siegel can definitely be a force to deal with in the future with Coach Wyant there . It was obvious Siegel had talent , but they were also very well coached . I liked the No huddle hurry up Offense , that's not easy to do , and Siegel did it very well .

Siegel has an upcoming junior named Dakota Crane that will be the QB next season, he is a nice player but not a Stockstill clone. They lose 30 something (around 32 or 33 I think) seniors from this team, including Stockstill, Martin (#3), several offensive and defensive linemen, at least one linebacker. They have Harding back and the Knox brothers so the running game will be pretty good and some talented receivers that will need to step up. If Steve Matthews stays as the OC (no guarantee for that, he is a hot coaching commodity right now), they should be pretty solid on both sides of the ball. Folks here are touting Oakland for next season but the Siegel juniors (seniors next season) were undefeated as freshman and now have the experience of this season under there belts... I would not be surprised to see another playoff run but I am not necessarily expecting it (like you guys expect it every year, meant as a compliment to the Maryville program). Siegel has an outstanding coaching staff though and solid talent and facilities now so I like what is on the horizon for them.

Good luck to the Rebels next week.

Edited by StarRaider

Siegel has an upcoming junior named Dakota Crane that will be the QB next season, he is a nice player but not a Stockstill clone. They lose 30 something (around 32 or 33 I think) seniors from this team, including Stockstill, Martin (#3), several offensive and defensive linemen, at least one linebacker. They have Harding back and the Knox brothers so the running game will be pretty good and some talented receivers that will need to step up. If Steve Matthews stays as the OC (no guarantee for that, he is a hot coaching commodity right now), they should be pretty solid on both sides of the ball. Folks here are touting Oakland for next season but the Siegel juniors (seniors next season) were undefeated as freshman and now have the experience of this season under there belts... I would not be surprised to see another playoff run but I am not necessarily expecting it (like you guys expect it every year, meant as a compliment to the Maryville program). Siegel has an outstanding coaching staff though and solid talent and facilities now so I like what is on the horizon for them.

Yes replacing Stockstill would not be easy at all , he is a very special player that doesn't come along too often . Just like Coach Quarles got the Maryville community excited about Football and the young athletes wanting to play in his exciting style of Football , I could see the same thing happening at Siegel as long as those Coaches are there . Young Kids love the Exciting throw the Ball all over the place type of Offense Siegel has , and that will attract the younger kids who might not of played Football otherwise . Thanks for your insight on Siegel Football , all the Maryville fans I know were really impressed with everything about Siegel , Good luck in the future .

RayDurr looks two me like tha Stars iz inn good hands....Yee jist remount and relode....Stockstill iz vurry impressive.....Grait vee-loss-city on tha bawl and he's vurry ack-que-ritt two....and othur good lookin' athleets wif a lott ov kids playin' which iz always good.... :thumb:

Since no one else might not post it, all the good words concerning Siegels play is appreciated and back atcha for a Maryville team that did not quit. I can say this. Siegel appreciated Maryville's fans and Coaches and players and especially the respect both teams showed each other with their play. I am not the one to answer questions about football but you might understand that to play in such a competitive District as 7AAA and then have to replay all of those teams again in the playoffs, its a wonder there were not more injuries, bruises and bumps. The nDistrict as you realize is not a cream puff District. Schools have to be deep to even play with the others. Coaching staffs understand that and set up the teams accordingly. This is a special team with some special skill players as is Maryville every year. Your observation about both schools leaving everything on the field was obvious. They did it and lived with it. All that you heard about Siegel players was true. You just didn't hear much from them as they knoew they had to win on the field. A lot of cream came to the top from both schools with their play. Just maybe, if things work out, 7AAA next fall will get their schools together with an addition of one school and go thru the revamping and rezoning and start all over again. Siegel may not be effected as much as other schools. Siegel had a lot of seniors but played a lot of players all year. The Hurry up takes a lot of smart football players and coaches. It was obvious Maryville had to have the same type players and coaches. As you know, Siegel really wanted to win and so did Maryville. Maybe another time and another field or whatever. Both schools should be prould of what happened this past Friday night. A lot of class. Good luck.