CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

Disclaimer: This is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers. Just for fun, no insults intended.

Then there were 2. Here we are, the end of November, frost on the windshields, most of the leaves are on the ground, and for one final countdown the last 2 teams standing in 3A TN high school football, Milan & Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK), will find their way to the quaint campus of Tennessee Tech to determine who is the best in the state. The Bulldogs of Milan know the road well and have found their way to the championship game 4 out of the last 5 years. They are a tough rugged group that leaves their opponents bruised and battered with a physical style of play and they feel they have a score to settle after last years blowout defeat at the hands of the Warriors from CAK. The Milan faithful will be hoping to plant the flag for West TN football in the middle of Tucker Stadium after this years clash and take the coveted gold ball back to their trophy case. But the defending state champion Warriors certainly will have something to say about that. With their record setting pass attack they are always within striking distance. CAK boasts 2 Mr. Football's & one of the most prolific offenses in the state with Charlie High & Company, but they have proven along the way that they can also play with some of the most rough and tumble football teams this region has to offer. The last 8 state championships for this classification have come from E.TN and out of the same district. So CAK knows how to handle bullies and doesn't intend to surrender the hardware without putting up an explosive battle.

FootballDad's Forecast: CAK 38 Milan 25

the dawg's forecast: MILAN 30 CAK 28

This time tomorrow.. Milan and CAK will be doing battle for the 3A state championship. Hopefully, the game will be alot closer than the one that is currently being played.

I like your forecast alot better than his!!!!

You CAK guys are well-versed in coach speak...... gotta love ya!!! I don't think you all are too worried about this game, but I would love to get on here after the game and say I was wrong!!!

Ha, but I can't say we're not worried. We're always concerned, especially against pedigreed programs like what the Bulldogs have. Elizabethton and Alcoa knocked us around pretty good so we are limping into this game like "Johnny Reb" and are hoping to find a way to hold it all together for one more game.

Very true GVK. They have an impressive roster. But just to balance the discussion I will refer to one of the greatest of all times, and of course he would agree, ha. I've been describing our defense this year like Ali's "rope a dope". I will describe or offense in Ali fashion as well..."float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, you hands can't hit what your eye's don't see". And while Ali was more of a finesse guy than say Frazier, he could still take a punch and slug it out if he had too. These 2 teams bring starkly contrasting styles to the game no doubt. Just an example of how you can be successful regardless of the style if you take care of the fundamentals. This should be a great game.

I love this rope a dope analogy you've been using FBD, it describes this team to a T. I cannot believe how well they do this.

SEVERAL games this year I've been sitting with friends who were cheering for our opponent who undoubtedly were excited their team was keeping up after the first couple of possessions (trading scores).

Of course, each time they started with some good natured ribbing....or even smack talk. My smug response was the same each time: "but it's going to be like this all game can you keep pace?".

It's a serious question. I am very confident the score will be tied or close to it after the first quarter and a half. I'm hoping, that's when the separation starts.

Milan is a serious team. We cannot take anything for granted. I'm just hoping history somewhat repeats itself, even if we only win by a point.

Edited by BRPro

"but it's going to be like this all game can you keep pace?".

It's a serious question. I am very confident the score will be tied or close to it after the first quarter and a half. I'm hoping, that's when the separation starts.

Milan is a serious team. We cannot take anything for granted. I'm just hoping history somewhat repeats itself, even if we only win by a point.

It is a fair question and one that the Milan faithful no doubt have been asking themselves, at least privately if not publicly. Just like CAK has had to answer the question of whether we could stand up to the pounding and put together enough defense to hold the other team to 1pt less than what our offense could manufacture. We have proven we are capable of winning against tough, physical, ground and pound, clock chewing teams. Our last 3 playoff games have been exactly that. My question is do we still have enough in the tank after losing C.Rathbone and sustaining injury after injury to withstand one more charge? We will know the answer in about 24 hrs. GO WARRIORS!