Covington vs. Fulton (This Wheeler man against this Black man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it wasn't me it's a bunch of students that are happy their team won an i thought wer here to talk about the Covington chargers going 15-0!!!!! Not some garbage that took place after the game.so wen ur team plays on thanksgiving two years Ina row u can talk jack but until then hush puppie bc we run Tennessee be at cookeville Saturday at 3 o'clock an watch two teams have a great game an Covington run the ball to bring the gold ball home... son thankkk yeeeee

Covington doesn't run 4a in Tenneesse and that's for sure. Playing on thanksgiving two years in a row? Try 4 and then talk

Edited by DevilMan03

My man it's week 15, adrenaline will be in full force. There won't be any pain until after the loser is headed home. Whoever that may be

Not much can dull the pain of that big ol Fulton lineman pancaking ya. Y'all keep talking about speed, but Fulton has the size up front to dominate the line... And #5 doesn't need much of a crease to break open. Oh, and I am not your man.

Not much can dull the pain of that big ol Fulton lineman pancaking ya. Y'all keep talking about speed, but Fulton has the size up front to dominate the line... And #5 doesn't need much of a crease to break open. Oh, and I am not your man.

If you can't catch them you can't pancake them. You hit the nail on the head, #5 for Covington doesn't need much of a hole to bust one open. Have a nice day BUB

After reading tons of BS lol from Giles/Fulton thread and LA/Fulton it appears Fulton and Covington are alike in many respects. Several people stated that when Fulton's #5 breaks the line of scrimmage he is off to the races...That's what Covington's running backs are like. Covington plays a bend but don't break defense that capitalizes on turnovers and I read where Fulton was like plus 17 in the turnover ratio. Sounds like it can be an exciting game if both offenses can get untracked. GO CHARGERS!

I am a little confused about what topic I am on... I was thinking I was on the Fulton/Covington topic but mostly I am reading about Covington/Livingston??? Also, I thought I was gonna be seeing stats and discussions about Football yet I keep seeing that #1 and #5 can run a "4.4, 4.5, 4.6, blah blah blah..." Is covington coming to Cookeville to run track or play football because there probably isnt going to be anybody there to line them all up with a stopwatch! What an athlete runs when lined up on a track does not tell the whole story on a football field. Obviously there are many other factors to determine their speed, stamina, and vision on a football field. Let me tell you what I know about this Fulton Falcon Family...We also have speed, and we have SIZE, and most of all we have HEART and we are a family! These players know how to work as a team! We have key players that do their job and do it well! These "key players" play more for the name on the front of their jersey and are taught by our superior coaching staff to know that their abilities in athletics and intelligence comes from ABOVE! They know to give glory to God before and after the game and to take care of each other as if they were brothers. We do rely on key players both offensive and defensive but we do not determine our entire game plan on 1 or 2 players and how fast they can run on a track! Our #5 is fast also but you will see him comment that he follows his blockers and relys on them to open a hole and then.....he is gone. He is fast and he has vision. i do not know what is "time" is but I do know that he ain't goin fast or far unless the rest do their job to allow him to fly! We have key starters that are seniors, juniors and several that are sophmores. They have been taught to take this season to take thier time and to take each game 1 game at a time, never to look beyond the challenge set before them, and to enjoy that victory and then move on to the next with the ultimate goal of bringing home the Gold Ball! We are now looking forward to that final goal! We,the fans, have watched this special team of coaches, players, behind the scenes support staff, and cheerleaders use their knowledge and talents to get this family to the goal they set at the beginning of this season! No, we did not have an undefeated season this year but that isn't always the most important thing to look at as we have used those losses and mistakes to learn from and build on and in my opinion this team did that well. We had a schedule that included teams that were considered below our ability, even with our ability, and even teams that some considered above our ability. Our coaches use this to teach these players to adjust to whatever the situation may be and reach above and beyond whatever is set before them. Now, with all of that being said, I do believe that you should respect the teams that you have played because those games got you to The Championship game. I welcome the opinions of the opponents that were part of the road the road to the Championship of both Fulton and Covington! I am looking forward to this game between these two great teams! And I am looking forward to the Falcons bringing home the Gold Ball to the East! Go Falcons! (KBW, I hope I said all of that to your liking because I know you would have been all over this!) It will be a little louder in Heaven on Saturday!

You can run inside against Fulton. The T will give them some trouble for sure. Covington will have trouble with the jet unless they get the dive going along with mixing a few routes in to keep the LB's honest. #5's greatest ability may be his balance and field vision. You won't catch him. If he gets North & South it's done. :ph34r:

You can run inside against Fulton. The T will give them some trouble for sure. Covington will have trouble with the jet unless they get the dive going along with mixing a few routes in to keep the LB's honest. #5's greatest ability may be his balance and field vision. You won't catch him. If he gets North & South it's done. :ph34r:

I can assure you that he won't run away from Carlos Williams.

Thanks WOMG. I'm sure both teams will leave it on the field next Saturday. And just by what I'm reading it sounds like both teams have similar talents. I'll take a 51-46 win just as well as a 3-2 win. Either way both teams have accomplished what no other teams in 4a could this yr. a game for the gold ball. What Wheeler/staff and players have accomplished the past 4 yrs is nothing short of amazing. Think I read also where Fulton experienced some down years and have also gotten their program back on track. May both teams play to the best of their abilities and the refs let them play. This is about as serious as I'll get on this message board. Now it's time to let the fans talk smack... Just don't take it to heart.. We don't know y'all and vice versa. Lets all enjoy this next week. May be the last time either team advances this far again for awhile.

Edited by purpleandgoldfan

4 My Sister, what you wrote about the Falcons describes the Charger football team. They are a team, and give all the glory to God! We have two outstanding players, but if they can't run the ball others can. Get all over #1' and our QB will throw to our other good receivers. The Chargers are a TEAM, and play like a TEAM. This team has bro together like nothing else....To say this team has HEART would be an understatement, what they have can't be described. With that being said, GO CHARGERS!!!!!

This team has brought the town together like nothing else! Should be a great game between 2 outstanding teams.

4 My Sister, what you wrote about the Falcons describes the Charger football team. They are a team, and give all the glory to God! We have two outstanding players, but if they can't run the ball others can. Get all over #1' and our QB will throw to our other good receivers. The Chargers are a TEAM, and play like a TEAM. This team has bro together like nothing else....To say this team has HEART would be an understatement, what they have can't be described. With that being said, GO CHARGERS!!!!!

Edited by sportmomma