Gallatin's 2013 schedule

GREENWAVE84EG

9AAA will be very competitive this year. Any team that over looks another could very easily get beat. Gallatin has too much tradition and talent to stay down for very long. This will be one of the toughest districts in the state. I expect another classic battle for the district title with Mt Juliet and Beech. Everyone thinks that MJ lost their running backs...... people will be surprised. The bear D will be the best in the district; loaded with talent and experience and one of the very best coaching staffs in the state.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictions: toughest district in the state. Lots of talented players. I could see lots of upsets like central beating MJ or Beech. No one expected central to have the season they did last year. This year they will be a better team. I could also see central being upset by h.ville or station camp too just due to the fact its a talented group of teams.

1. Central-

2. Beech-

3. M.J.-

4. Station camp

5. Hendersonviile

6. Portland

7. Gallatin

8. Lebanon.

7 or 8 wins?? I would take that in a heartbeat but right now.... I do not see it. Lots and lots of unknowns. Springfield and Stewarts Creek look to be the most winnable on paper followed by Portland, TC and Lebanon ( unless the new coach gets a fire under them).

7 or 8 wins?? I would take that in a heartbeat but right now.... I do not see it. Lots and lots of unknowns. Springfield and Stewarts Creek look to be the most winnable on paper followed by Portland, TC and Lebanon ( unless the new coach gets a fire under them).

thats what i was thinkin. i dont see 7 or 8 wins, but i do think we could upset a team or two along with beating some of the easier opponents on the schedule. really just a matter of how the team comes together after last season and whether the coaches can get the most out of this group. the jury is still out on this staff (to me), but im optimistic that if they can weather the current storm then the future looks pretty bright.

Just remember who said it first....Wave will win 7-10 games, and then be loaded in 2014-2015...

Not going to happen. Even though it does pain me to say so. I agree they could win their non-district games, but I don't see them being very successful this year in district. I do think have some young talent, upcoming freshmen and sophomores, but I heard they were having trouble keeping all those kids from the feeder schools.

BKisler, Campbell was a senior so he will not be back. After sitting out a year with an injury/medical issue, Clay Carnes is back on the team. We all saw the good things he did in playing quarterback as a sophomore when Smith was out. No doubt he will have to work hard to get the starting quarterback job, but he looks to have the leadership qualities that this team woefully lacked last year. Talent is one thing, and you have to have some of it to win, but leadership and discipline also go a long way in how a team performs on the field. I think you will see more of both of these from this team. Spring practice, which starts in a couple weeks, will go a long way in how this team develops towards a better year. I do believe better things are ahead.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG