Henry County Football 2013

How's the team looking so far? And I know QB was a position of concern. How is it shaping up there?

It's only been a few practices, but I'm liking what I've seen so far. Boys are getting after it pretty good, and the trenches should be a strong point this year. On offense I've been really impressed with Henderson at tailback. Not really much of a surprise there. He just flat out runs hard. Senior Colton Randolph and sophomore Thomas Thompson are getting the bulk of the reps at QB. Both are good players. Randolph has come a long way over the past 2 years and Thompson is a flat out athlete.

Defensively, I like the speed we have in the LB corps and in the secondary. And as I said, the trenches are looking strong on both sides of the ball. It should be a fun unit to watch.

We'll learn more over the rest of the spring and into the fall. I'm looking forward to the Dickson County scrimmage.

Anyone care to elaborate on the scrimmage? I wasn't able to make it.

I heard it was a 3-3 tie. Varsity tied 2-2 and the youngsters tied 1-1. If so, that sounds about like HC and DC lol

It was 4-3 HC

We moved the ball well all scrimmage, but left a couple of scoring opportunities on the field by not finishing drives. Defensively, we did well against the run, and not so well against the pass.

It wasn't a bad showing by any stretch, but there's still work to be done.