Henry County Football 2013

People are blowing hard about Jalen Hurd over on the Jalen Hurd 2013 thread. Do we have any solutions for that problem next year?

Keep their offense on the sideline as much as possible.

1. Run the ball

2. Slow them down

3. Run the ball some more

4. Slow them down some more

5. Capitalize on opportunities

I doubt we're going to stop Jalen Hurd completely, but we may very well have enough size, speed, and experience on defense to neutralize him with our own offense. Just my opinion. I believe we will have as good of a shot as anyone in 5A at knocking Beech off their pedestal.

Edited by MSURacer

Agreed. And If anyone has the horses to do it, we do.

Just curious, but what are your predictions for the team in 2013, Warrior?

The non-district schedule interests me...and I think we will be a force come playoff time. I'm a little concerned about our defense against the real good teams...whoever they are...and I'm also concerned about our QB position. I anticipate a deep playoff run.

If HC "was not Beech's first choice...to retain on its schedule", who was their first choice?

Apparently McGavock was 1st on the Buc's list. HC was first informed that the Patriots/Bucs series would not continue...then the following Monday..the game was back on..we assume McGavock declined the Beech offer. Nonetheless..congrats on the gold ball! Well earned and well deserved!!

I've been told that Beech's non district schedule will be Henry Co, Siegel and Ridgeway. Should be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to see this rivalry come to an end. As somebody who was a part of it for four years, I know what it meant to both sides.

To this topic, if HC is bringing back as much talent from last year as I've read in this thread, then they should be very good. I was impressed with your team last year when they came to our place and gave us our only loss of the regular season. Out physicaled us on both sides. I was very surprised when I heard that they lost in the first round. If you can find a quarterback who comes anywhere close to the one you had last year (#2 was a heckuva player), then HC should make a deep playoff run.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Kyler Ainley for signing to play football at Bellhaven in Mississippi!

On another note, I'm suprised that that's all I've heard out of this outgoing senior class. Surely at least a couple more will be picked up by somebody. It would be a travesty if neither Hilliard nor Cowans got a shot somewhere. Those two in particular are down right terrific athletes, and surely one of the more local schools at least could use their services.

Good luck to all of those guys. They've been a part of some great things at HCHS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Full 2013 schedule:

Aug. 23- Liberty

Aug. 30- @ Beech

Sep. 6- @ Northwest*

Sep. 13- Ridgeway

Sep. 20- @ Rossview*

Sep. 27- Kenwood*

Oct. 4- Springfield*

Oct. 11- @ Clarksville*

Oct. 18- Open

Oct. 25- Northeast*

Nov. 1- @ West Creek*

All games begin at 7:00

Swarm the schedule I saw had us going to HC this coming season. Which one is right???