For informational purposes only.

If I didn't explain it well, that's my fault, but I was never questioning the rule. It was his position on the field. That's all. And I said I thought the buffer was 3 yds, but when I read it was 2, I noted I was wrong. The only reason I questioned his location, is that if the ball is placed at the 3, and the buffer is 2 yds (I thought 3) plus what I thought I saw realtime, it looked like he was on the goal line. After seeing the photo that was posted, I agreed that it was a bad call. Get off my back, and take out your frustrations elsewhere.

You communicated just fine, you were just wrong. I'll quote you:

"I know the rule. No linemen downfield on a forward pass, blocking or not, until the pass is completed."

"You need to check the rule book.. A lineman cannot be downfield blocking or running on any forward pass until the pass is caught" - you responded to this by saying, "Finally, someone else who knows the rule. It was the right call. End of story"

"You are correct. A lineman cannot block downfield before the pass is completed."

"He released his man, and was down field before the pass was completed. The call was right."

"Blocking or not, he can't take his man past the line of scrimmage, which he did. When he released his man, as the pass was being caught, he was past the line. He can't block downfield until the pass is completed."

"Like it or not, it was the right cal. Maryville had a linemen standing on the goal line, which was past the line of scrimmage."

You also didn't know the rule about running into the holder

Well they will learn from it . And most will go on to experience many more of those moments in life .i saw it right away and was jumping up and down in my living room .. Saying no...I watched 3 maryville games this year so I am a fan of how your guys do things ..

Agreed and good points....Let's just hope Gary Darden learns from it (if he wants to learn from it and is sincere)....and issues a public apology either by himself, through the North Middle Official's Association, or through the TSSAA......

Edited by STARSNBARS

"I know the rule. No linemen downfield on a forward pass, blocking or not, until the pass is completed."

"You need to check the rule book.. A lineman cannot be downfield blocking or running on any forward pass until the pass is caught" - you responded to this by saying, "Finally, someone else who knows the rule. It was the right call. End of story"

"You are correct. A lineman cannot block downfield before the pass is completed."

"He released his man, and was down field before the pass was completed. The call was right."

"Blocking or not, he can't take his man past the line of scrimmage, which he did. When he released his man, as the pass was being caught, he was past the line. He can't block downfield until the pass is completed."

"Like it or not, it was the right cal. Maryville had a linemen standing on the goal line, which was past the line of scrimmage."

Lol. Ok. Yes, I still get it, and no I didn't explain it well. And I only said one thing about the running into the holder, and was makin fun of the ref for getting it wrong. And a lot of the comments you quoted say I a lot of what I've tried to explain. I'm on your side, do you not get that? Lol.

Come on oldrebel, let it go. I think powellphoto has apologized enough.

Powellphoto, you just can't win with some people, no matter how many times you humbly admit your own mistake.

Read Rule 7, section 2, article 6 and Rule 7, section 2, article 7 and tell me if the qb wasn't in illegal motion.

OK I will tell you that is was NOT illegal motion....

From the NFHS 2012 rule book....

Rule 7, section 2, article 6 sez....."After a huddle or shift all 11 players of A shall come to an absolute stop and remain stationary without movement of hands, feet, head, and or body for at least one second before the snap" (which obviously #11 does while standing along side #22 before approaching the line of scrimmage and audibling).....

Rule 7, section 2, article 7 sez....."Only one A player may be in motion at the snap and then only if such motion is not towards the opponent's goal line. Except for the player "under the snapper" as outlined in Article 3, The player shall be at least 5 yards behind his line of scrimmage IF he started from any position not clearly behind the line of scrimmage (which #11 was) and did not establish himself as a back (which #11 did) by stopping for at least one full second (which #11 did while standing beside #22 before moving forward to audible) while no part of his body is breaking the vertical plane through the waistline of his nearest teammate who is on the line of scrimmage (which #11 didn't)........ :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Lol. Ok. Yes, I still get it, and no I didn't explain it well. And I only said one thing about the running into the holder, and was makin fun of the ref for getting it wrong. And a lot of the comments you quoted say I a lot of what I've tried to explain. I'm on your side, do you not get that? Lol.

I'm just trying to point out that you weren't right about the rule. The determination of being an ineligible down field is not at completion, it's at the point the pass crosses the LOS. That's what I've been trying to say you were wrong about.

The 2 point conversion call was a bad call. No doubt about it. But! Maryville had trouble slowing down Mark Dodson. Losing 2 good linebackers in Haden Townsend and Dylan Shinski didn't help matters either. Slowing down Dodson with those 2 players would still have been hard to do. Dodson is a great one. I wish he was going to UT instead of Ole Miss.

Losing a heartbreaker isn't too fun. If there is a positive out of this. I believe the players next year will work that much harder to get that bad taste out of their mouth. It is time for upcoming seniors like Shawn Prevo,Cody Carroll,Drew Curtis,John Garrett and John David Mitchell to take huge leadership roles.