Top 6A teams for 2013

BKisler

Yeah, them bad boys are sharp! When was that pic taken?

October 5, 2007 against Farragut! That game (Homecoming) was actually the only time that the Govs wore those blue unis that season. Andre Sterling had over 300 yards rushing for Farragut and William Blount still only lost by a missed two-point conversion at the end of the game

October 5, 2007 against Farragut! That game (Homecoming) was actually the only time that the Govs wore those blue unis that season. Andre Sterling had over 300 yards rushing for Farragut and William Blount still only lost by a missed two-point conversion at the end of the game

Sterling was a hos. Remember him very well. Torched us a few times lol...What?! Only time they wore them?! They def need to bring those back.

Sterling was a hos. Remember him very well. Torched us a few times lol...What?! Only time they wore them?! They def need to bring those back.

It seems like Sterling torched just about everyone he played...he was a man among boys :mrgreen:

And that is correct, the blue/blue only came out once that season. Coach Meadows surprised the team with orange jerseys before the home opener and those were worn for five out of WB's six home games in 2007, and also for three of WB's five home games in 2008.

Those blue jerseys were worn exclusively for the 2004, 2005, and 2006 seasons though

It seems like Sterling torched just about everyone he played...he was a man among boys :mrgreen:

And that is correct, the blue/blue only came out once that season. Coach Meadows surprised the team with orange jerseys before the home opener and those were worn for five out of WB's six home games in 2007, and also for three of WB's five home games in 2008.

Those blue jerseys were worn exclusively for the 2004, 2005, and 2006 seasons though

Sterling was very good, but so was Purty a few years later. WB def needs to bring them back. No sense in them Orange uni's lol...Who is your team, btw? I notice you comment a lot on WB stuff. Just curious.

we also wore those jerseys with white pants against mcminn in 08.

Sterling was very good, but so was Purty a few years later. WB def needs to bring them back. No sense in them Orange uni's lol...Who is your team, btw? I notice you comment a lot on WB stuff. Just curious.

I know what you mean...there for the longest time it felt like Farragut always had stud running back after stud running back coming through. That trend even continued this year with Fain, who was a hoss as well.

And to answer your question, I do support the Govs. I live in Blount County so I support all of the local teams. I love seeing Maryville and Alcoa rack up title after title to make East TN proud. Honestly though, I am just a fan of high school sports in general. I would pick a high school football or basketball game over college and pro sports any day of the week. One of my favorite things to do during football season is go around to different areas of the state and see games at as many stadiums as I can. There's just something special and addictive about it.

we also wore those jerseys with white pants against mcminn in 08.

That was my favorite look of the 2008 season, Governors91! The blue/blue against Heritage was a close second, though. I also liked the orange/sliver combo from the season opener.

I hope the uniform police don't get onto us for having this conversation :mrgreen:

I know what you mean...there for the longest time it felt like Farragut always had stud running back after stud running back coming through. That trend even continued this year with Fain, who was a hoss as well.

And to answer your question, I do support the Govs. I live in Blount County so I support all of the local teams. I love seeing Maryville and Alcoa rack up title after title to make East TN proud. Honestly though, I am just a fan of high school sports in general. I would pick a high school football or basketball game over college and pro sports any day of the week. One of my favorite things to do during football season is go around to different areas of the state and see games at as many stadiums as I can. There's just something special and addictive about it.

I would like to do that as well, but then i would be missing Oak Ridge games and that ain't happenin' lol...I am with you, though. I love me some HS sports, especially OR football and basketball. nothing like it to me. The traditions and the pageantry of HS sports are something to behold. I'm a bigtime homer for OR, so of course i am biased towards everything for us lol

That was my favorite look of the 2008 season, Governors91! The blue/blue against Heritage was a close second, though. I also liked the orange/sliver combo from the season opener.

I hope the uniform police don't get onto us for having this conversation :mrgreen:

my least favorite was the orange helmets, orange jerseys,and white pants combo they wore in 09 vs jeff county.. that was just a travesty, glad they never did that again.

I would like to do that as well, but then i would be missing Oak Ridge games and that ain't happenin' lol...I am with you, though. I love me some HS sports, especially OR football and basketball. nothing like it to me. The traditions and the pageantry of HS sports are something to behold. I'm a bigtime homer for OR, so of course i am biased towards everything for us lol

I understand the pride that you have for your school...Oak Ridge is definitely one of the most storied programs in the entire state! Blankenship Field is a special place to watch a football game on a fall Friday night. When the players walk down those 72 steps, it gives me goosebumps every time!