Top 6A teams for 2013

BKisler

This will hurt a lot of NET teams seeing as how football in Virginia generally starts one week after Tennessee.

Wouldn't it be just like it has been '04? If you schedule a Virginia team, better feel good about their ability to win 5 out of the first 9. What they do in their 10th game won't matter. North Carolina teams on the other hand need to win 6 since they are playing an 11th game in our week 10.

I would be interested in learning how Ky., Ark., Ga., Ala. and Miss ., teams' schedules affect our playoffs as well.

Wouldn't it be just like it has been '04? If you schedule a Virginia team, better feel good about their ability to win 5 out of the first 9. What they do in their 10th game won't matter. North Carolina teams on the other hand need to win 6 since they are playing an 11th game in our week 10.

I would be interested in learning how Ky., Ark., Ga., Ala. and Miss ., teams' schedules affect our playoffs as well.

You're correct because that probably played a factor in why THS missed the playoffs in '11.

I was reading through this and had to throw in a comment about the kid not making the grades. I know alot of people jumped the guy for bringing that up, and I do not know the kid in question at all so I am noone to judge or give an opinion on the situation. But what I can do is say grades are a big part of the game as well. I don't wanna mention names, but I personally saw a very good player get a full blown scholarship and then couldn't cut it in college because he couldn't get the grades. He made it through high school because he was good and the coach knew it and knew he needed him so the grades were ignored and when he got into college it was a disaster. Like I said I know nothing about the situation, but grades will matter in the long run.

I was reading through this and had to throw in a comment about the kid not making the grades. I know alot of people jumped the guy for bringing that up, and I do not know the kid in question at all so I am noone to judge or give an opinion on the situation. But what I can do is say grades are a big part of the game as well. I don't wanna mention names, but I personally saw a very good player get a full blown scholarship and then couldn't cut it in college because he couldn't get the grades. He made it through high school because he was good and the coach knew it and knew he needed him so the grades were ignored and when he got into college it was a disaster. Like I said I know nothing about the situation, but grades will matter in the long run.

Little different situation. If the kid doesn't have the grades at MHS he doesn't play at MHS. Nothing is given to him. A bit different than a kid that gets through HS without having to do the work.

As for the poster that asked the question......let's see how he does coaching at Greenback HS. Maybe the stats on how his defense and linebackers do....then we can comment about it on CoachT.

The Haven will reload as usual, with plenty of young talent and possible transfers but I was wondering what other teams from the west will have a chance to go deep in the playoffs?

Well regardless, Respect the Haven program and we look forward to more battles with the likes of MJ and MV. My bold prediction is that the West will take home two of the next three gold balls and hopefully they both will be at Whitehaven...

Hey MLEB, who do you think will give us the most competition next year in district? Farragut looked pretty good with a loaded freshman team. I don't know how many returning players they have. 1. Maryville then whats your opinion?

Not sure CR. Farragut does not have the coaching regardless of talent. My guess is it will be Sevier County. The district will be weak in 2013.....my opinion.

The Haven will reload as usual, with plenty of young talent and possible transfers but I was wondering what other teams from the west will have a chance to go deep in the playoffs?

Well regardless, Respect the Haven program and we look forward to more battles with the likes of MJ and MV. My bold prediction is that the West will take home two of the next three gold balls and hopefully they both will be at Whitehaven...

The Haven will NOT play in the championship game this year.