Top 6A teams for 2013

BKisler

In all of this I feel bad for University of Memphis (U of M)... I mean they barely got any of the High Level recruits... I can't believe they didn't get any Whitehaven guys. I thought Adam wanted wanted to go there. Getting big VJ was going to be a stretch for them but the fact that didn't pull Andra Smith is crazy! SMH. U of M and UT have a lot of work to do when it comes to recruiting the most fertile recruiting grounds in the State.

Well he knew that when he (Coach Fuente) took the job that he was going to have his work cut out for him. Memphis is a prime SEC recruiting hotbed ... been that way for years ... just because he set up his pop cycle stand in the midst doesn't change that one iota. It hasn't helped his cause that Vandy, Ole Miss, and Miss. State all have capable staffs. It gets worse if Arkansas can pull it's program out of the doldrums. Not to mention, some guys just want to leave home and spread their wings.

Hopefully, the Big East brand will help in recruiting the top talent ... but we will see. It doesn't appear that the brand is yet strong enough to sway the top guys to want to stay home. I kind of thought that Andra might be a Tiger as well. I didn't think they had a shot at VJ for a variety of reasons. I honestly KNOW that Morgan State came to Memphis and flat foot robbed us! Adam AND Orlando! (Orlando is the best RB i've watched play this years besides MD and JH for 2013) SMH as well.

I agree ... UT and the U of M both have MAJOR work to do to be able to recruit Memphis better. However, If either Fuente and/or Jones can take lemons and make lemonade ... they may be able to do work here in Memphis.

Time will tell.

Oh, by the way, I have a thread in the 'Football' forum that I created that is chronicling the 2012-2013 class from Memphis. It's titled 'Memphis Area 2012-2013 Recruiting Class'. I figure that you have viewed it already, but if you haven't the number of City of Memphis area high school football players to sign LOI's is up to 100. Those are the ones that I know about. I'm sure there are some that I just haven't heard about yet. If you haven't checked it out already go take a look. There are a LOT of coaches here in Memphis that are doing WORK! Big kudos to all of those coaches who are putting in the countless hours it takes to get your guys scholarship offers. It's a win-win situation all around.

Edited by kwc

Well he knew that when he (Coach Fuente) took the job that he was going to have his work cut out for him. Memphis is a prime SEC recruiting hotbed ... been that way for years ... just because he set up his pop cycle stand in the midst doesn't change that one iota. It hasn't helped his cause that Vandy, Ole Miss, and Miss. State all have capable staffs. It gets worse if Arkansas can pull it's program out of the doldrums. Not to mention, some guys just want to leave home and spread their wings.

Hopefully, the Big East brand will help in recruiting the top talent ... but we will see. It doesn't appear that the brand is yet strong enough to sway the top guys to want to stay home. I kind of thought that Andra might be a Tiger as well. I didn't think they had a shot at VJ for a variety of reasons. I honestly KNOW that Morgan State came to Memphis and flat foot robbed us! Adam AND Orlando! (Orlando is the best RB i've watched play this years besides MD and JH for 2013) SMH as well.

I agree ... UT and the U of M both have MAJOR work to do to be able to recruit Memphis better. However, If either Fuente and/or Jones can take lemons and make lemonade ... they may be able to do work here in Memphis.

Time will tell.

After looking at some of the Area players U if M got I may have to come off of the position that they barely got any of the top area talent... However they still have a LOT of work to do... UTK coming to Memphis and getting multiple top tier players will change, if and only if they start winning the SEC East again. I honestly foresee Vandy getting that done before UTK. James Franklin is a problem for UTK lol.

After looking at some of the Area players U if M got I may have to come off of the position that they barely got any of the top area talent... However they still have a LOT of work to do... UTK coming to Memphis and getting multiple top tier players will change, if and only if they start winning the SEC East again. I honestly foresee Vandy getting that done before UTK. James Franklin is a problem for UTK lol.

I understand where you are coming from but when Donald Gray Jr. gets away along with Jason Carr, GP, Darrius Sims, VJ, Adndra, Christian Morris, Frank Herron, Marcus Robinson, and etc., the list is just too extensive to list fully ... you just have to wonder. Heck, they couldn't get Jordan Wilkens after he recanted from Auburn to Ole Miss ... and Ole Miss has a PLETHERA of RB's.

I'm sure they will be just fine, AR...They already have 2 rings on there fingers. It could be a lot worse lol....They could have zero rings, like my boys from The Ridge lol

I'm sure that they will be fine too...as MLREB said, Coach Quarles teaches these young men life lessons through the game of football, and this was a great opportunity for that. I still hate it for them, though, and I have no horse in this race.

Your boys in Oak Ridge may get a ring before too long, however, Sweet.

I'm sure that they will be fine too...as MLREB said, Coach Quarles teaches these young men life lessons through the game of football, and this was a great opportunity for that. I still hate it for them, though, and I have no horse in this race.

Your boys in Oak Ridge may get a ring before too long, however, Sweet.

Hope your right, buddy lol

Talked to the Maryville Rebel Football team chaplain the other day. He was a teacher at Maryville when I went to school there. We talked about the game and the call at the end. We agreed that it was a bad call. But! We also agreed that 4 turnovers and giving up 400yds rushing didn't help matters either. The one thing he told me is how much George Quarles and his staff like Rodney Saulsbery and the rest of the Whitehaven staff. He said Saulsbery and his staff are 1st class.

Talked to the Maryville Rebel Football team chaplain the other day. He was a teacher at Maryville when I went to school there. We talked about the game and the call at the end. We agreed that it was a bad call. But! We also agreed that 4 turnovers and giving up 400yds rushing didn't help matters either. The one thing he told me is how much George Quarles and his staff like Rodney Saulsbery and the rest of the Whitehaven staff. He said Saulsbery and his staff are 1st class.

Nice post REBELRON! Love hearing this kind of stuff! :thumb:

StarsNBars showed up on the YouTube! I guess he has been practicing his choreography. This is why he has been away from the Coach T webpage and not commenting on 6A football.

http://youtu.be/n6aTExzBzlM

RR lett me edgykate ewe'uns on me and momma's harlum shakin' trailur.....Purtee good frum a ole buster.....Hear iz a philm ov momma's sistur HairyUtt onn Knew Yeer's Eve.....If'un ewe'll notuss she cain steal fitt in hur old MHS chearleedin' u-kneeform..... :popcorneater:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmLMUh0t9rQ