Top 6A teams for 2013

BKisler

The Haven will NOT play in the championship game this year.

MLREB:

How do you know this? You even went so far as to put the word not in all caps, as if to emphasize your point. So ... tell everybody who frequents this board why you are so sure that Whitehaven will NOT be in the 2013 title game?

I'll hang up and listen, oh wise one!

On another topic:

BlackhavenSenator ... I don't know if you have been paying attention, but Hugh Freeze is doing a number with the Black Bears recruiting wise. I'm glad Mark graduated early so he can participate in spring practice this year. Let's see what ole Hugh can do with this stellar recruiting class that Mark is a part of shall we?

MLREB:

How do you know this? You even went so far as to put the word not in all caps, as if to emphasize your point. So ... tell everybody who frequents this board why you are so sure that Whitehaven will NOT be in the 2013 title game?

I'll hang up and listen, oh wise one!

Kwc....it's a simple prognostication based on the play makers and key players that graduate. You don't have another MD in the backfield and you lost a very athletic QB. I doubt WH has that quality player waiting in the wings....I may be wrong but I doubt it. Without your QB and MD Maryville wins the state easily (or is playing MJ) with a bunch of Busters and Ritchie Cunninghams instead of having a win taken away by a rogue official with an obvious agenda and a loaded and cocked flag.

Is that wise enough for you?

On another topic:

BlackhavenSenator ... I don't know if you have been paying attention, but Hugh Freeze is doing a number with the Black Bears recruiting wise. I'm glad Mark graduated early so he can participate in spring practice this year. Let's see what ole Hugh can do with this stellar recruiting class that Mark is a part of shall we?

Ole Hugh will get a visit from the NCAA soon. Let's hope he is clean. He is a prophet of Coach O so he may have the inside track on how to skate the NCAA.

Kwc....it's a simple prognostication based on the play makers and key players that graduate. You don't have another MD in the backfield and you lost a very athletic QB. I doubt WH has that quality player waiting in the wings....I may be wrong but I doubt it. Without your QB and MD Maryville wins the state easily (or is playing MJ) with a bunch of Busters and Ritchie Cunninghams instead of having a win taken away by a rogue official with an obvious agenda and a loaded and cocked flag.

Is that wise enough for you?

Asked and answered.

Now, I will counter with first saying this. I don't KNOW if Whitehaven will be in the State Championship game again in 2013. However, the 2011 team had 17 seniors receive scholarships to play football beyond high school. Some D-1 and others where to smaller schools. This year will be similar, if not more. Definately more of the D-1 variety. We lose 10 starters on 'O' and 10 on 'D' off of the 2012-2013 team.

That being said ... we are locked and loaded for the 2013-2014 season. We are at the stage now at Whitehaven where we DON'T rebuild ... we RELOAD. We have the current State Champion Freshman AND JV teams at Whitehaven to go along with the current 6A State Champion varsity team. Whitehaven isn't a flash in the pan football program that arrived with all of the talent in the world and no coaching. Yes, we have talent and we will continue to have talent as long as coach Saulsberry is the head coach at Whitehaven. (In fact I will go as far as say this. Maryvile has the coach with the best play calling and trick play development I've seen. Whitehaven has the best coach in talent development that I have seen) Do we have another MD in the wings currently? Well, that remains to be seen. MD has been a starter since his sophomore year. We have plenty of talent at the RB position waiting their turn to shine. This is the beginning of something BIG at Whitehevan. The state title won in 2012 is the FIRST of more to come. I've known this since I've personally witnessed the rise of the program some 7 years ago. Whitehaven will consistantly be in the hunt ... year in and year out. Don't be surprised if you see Whitehaven there next year, because I won't.

Talk to you later ... oh wise one.

Edited by kwc

Ole Hugh will get a visit from the NCAA soon. Let's hope he is clean. He is a prophet of Coach O so he may have the inside track on how to skate the NCAA.

Everybody school should get a visit from the NCAA. I also hope he's clean. Regardless of his being a prophet of Coach O ... he's getting the job done. Skating the NCAA or otherwise; no one saw this comming.

Asked and answered.

Now, I will counter with first saying this. I don't KNOW if Whitehaven will be in the State Championship game again in 2013. However, the 2011 team had 17 seniors receive scholarships to play football beyond high school. Some D-1 and others where to smaller schools. This year will be similar, if not more. Definately more of the D-1 variety. We lose 10 starters on 'O' and 10 on 'D' off of the 2012-2013 team.

That being said ... we are locked and loaded for the 2013-2014 season. We are at the stage now at Whitehaven where we DON'T rebuild ... we RELOAD. We have the current State Champion Freshman AND JV teams at Whitehaven to go along with the current 6A State Champion varsity team. Whitehaven isn't a flash in the pan football program that arrived with all of the talent in the world and no coaching. Yes, we have talent and we will continue to have talent as long as coach Saulsberry is the head coach at Whitehaven. (In fact I will go as far as say this. Maryvile has the coach with the best play calling and trick play development I've seen. Whitehaven has the best coach in talent development that I have seen) Do we have another MD in the wings currently? Well, that remains to be seen. MD has been a starter since his sophomore year. We have plenty of talent at the RB position waiting their turn to shine. This is the beginning of something BIG at Whitehevan. The state title won in 2012 is the FIRST of more to come. I've known this since I've personally witnessed the rise of the program some 7 years ago. Whitehaven will consistantly be in the hunt ... year in and year out. Don't be surprised if you see Whitehaven there next year, because I won't.

KWC, Mt Juliet looks for another shot at your Tigers to see who goes to Cookeville. The Bears were close last year in what was a great game. Every one will be over looking MJ once again; but MJ will be there in 2013.

Asked and answered.

God bless, you guys must be “on it†like the Purple Ribbon All Stars... Guess that explains why I kept thinking that one of Whitehaven's coach looked like my "guy" I had back in college. Saying that the HC is the best talent developer in the state is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. If he was so great, they should have WAXED Maryville. The reality is this, no metro school be it Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, wherever will ever have the dynasty run Maryville has been on the last 15 years. There are too many schools in metro areas to compete for the top talent in their respective area & kids move around much more than they do in the smaller counties.

I'm not taking anything away from this year's WH team, but c'mon dude... Everyone in the state except you two agree that Maryville was robbed, but at least act like you've been there before. It's obvious you two guys never won a championship in your lives b/c that's all you talk about. Even worse is that you didn't even play in the game.

God bless, you guys must be “on it†like the Purple Ribbon All Stars... Guess that explains why I kept thinking that one of Whitehaven's coach looked like my "guy" I had back in college. Saying that the HC is the best talent developer in the state is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. If he was so great, they should have WAXED Maryville. The reality is this, no metro school be it Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, wherever will ever have the dynasty run Maryville has been on the last 15 years. There are too many schools in metro areas to compete for the top talent in their respective area & kids move around much more than they do in the smaller counties.

I'm not taking anything away from this year's WH team, but c'mon dude... Everyone in the state except you two agree that Maryville was robbed, but at least act like you've been there before. It's obvious you two guys never won a championship in your lives b/c that's all you talk about. Even worse is that you didn't even play in the game.

JSamson7:

The proof is in the pudding. Look at the number of football players that Whitehaven had sign scholarships off of last year's team, this year's team, and those to come ... not to count the one's from previous years. I didn't just say this because it sounded good ... it's quantifiable fact. These guys don't just HAPPEN to get college coaches to look at them ... it's a whole development process that is created and undergirded by the coaching staff at Whitehaven. Without the coaches putting in the hard work and hours to get it done ... it simply doesn't happen like it is happenong at Whitehaven. Memphis East, Memphis Ridgeway, Memphis White Station, and Memphis Central are good as well, but NOBODY in the STATE comes close to touching what coach Saulsberry and his staff are doing at Whitehaven. NOBODY!

If you think being able to get your guys scholarship offers is suppose to be a direct reflection of wins and losses, or better yet, margins of victory ... you my friend don't have a clue.

SMH ... :rolleyes: .

So, to you, it is probably the single dumbest thing you've ever heard. Judging from your response ... it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Edited by kwc

No, you don't get offers based on wins & losses smart ####. I would almost guarantee that I know more about the recruiting process than you, so no need to educate me on how & why kids get offers.

I'm addressing your "dumbest thing you've heard' comment. No need to call me names either, it's a place to make comments and have a discussion.

I'm sure you know more about recruiting then I ... doesn't change what's going on at Whitehaven though.

Have a nice day JSamson7.