Ridge to William Blount

Hopeful4WB

I hope WB puts the swords back on their helmet. I am not crazy about the cursive "Govs" script that they are using now

or better yet bring back the complete meadows era navy blue uniforms that had the swords logo on the helmet,jersey sleeves, and pants. those were sharp imo. i like simple looking uniforms and im kind of a traditionalist when it comes to that stuff, i dont like the idea of constantly changing unis. heres my view, find a sharp uniform design and leave it alone, dont keep changing.

Went to the meet and greet last night, and will have to say I was impressed with Coach Ridge. He is young, energetic, and you can tell he is very excited to be back at his home school. Several of the football players that will be seniors next year were a little bummed out knowing they were going to have another new coach for their senior year, but after meeting Coach Ridge, they seem to be really excited. Coach Ridge has not even made it to campus yet and he has already done more to reach out to his feeder programs than the previous two head coaches did in their combined seven years there.

This job will not be a quick or easy fix, but I feel like this was a good fit. Good luck to Coach Ridge and his staff.

or better yet bring back the complete meadows era navy blue uniforms that had the swords logo on the helmet,jersey sleeves, and pants. those were sharp imo. i like simple looking uniforms and im kind of a traditionalist when it comes to that stuff, i dont like the idea of constantly changing unis. heres my view, find a sharp uniform design and leave it alone, dont keep changing.

I have to agree with you, 91. I loved the all-blue home uniforms that WB wore in 2005 and 2006 (and 2007 and 2008, very sparingly). Those looked really nice. The away uniforms with the blue pants were also a favorite of mine.

Good luck Coach Ridge. Here's to the Governors getting in the thick of Blount County and east Tennessee high caliber football. Get Alcoa back on the schedule, have a true Blount County round robin champion then get in the hunt for bigger prizes.I would love to see the Govs improve and bring Heritage with them.

Gotta love this. Team consistantly underperforms and all you guys can think about is uniforms ? I might dress them in burlap until they can at least get to .500

I have to agree with you, 91. I loved the all-blue home uniforms that WB wore in 2005 and 2006 (and 2007 and 2008, very sparingly). Those looked really nice. The away uniforms with the blue pants were also a favorite of mine.

RR eye thaink yore "Ridge"inull WB lowgo looks best......Best eye reemimburr on "white" hats two...rite??... :popcorneater:

White hats, with interlocking Orange W and ROYAL Blue B...thin orange stripe.

Royal Blue at home, White on the road, contrasting numbers and white pants.

"GOVERNORS" in orange on back of both jerseys.

This is how it was in 1979.....

Until basketball season.

Then schools color changed.

Baby aspirin orange colored jersey with light blue and white trim. (Think Lady Vowels)

Shirt tails out...with WM BLOUNT on front tail and GUBNERS on back...

Awful. Just awful.

Kenny Dunlaps hair clashed with those unis soo bad. :D