Officials. Please someone HELP!

TNHSfan

As a "stockholder" at FC (paying parent with kids there) I can confirm that FC is no position to be handing out free tuition by saying, "hey-you're a great athlete, if you come here and make our teams better we will pay your way". Not mentioning names of other schools but my understanding is that a lot of D2 schools do that. We won't be one of them, at least not next year if ever.

The officiating crew that was assigned to the FC and TC game was assigned for a reason. Teams had been complaining already that TC was breaking a rule by coming into the other teams warm up area and this crew finally put a stop to it. It is black and white in the rule book and it is covered in almost every state rules meeting every year. The coach knew the rule but chose to not let him team know that this 'maneuver' was illegal. Hence the 'T'.

Kudos to the crew for finally putting a stop to it and stopping this 'unsporting' act.

The reason so many foul shots were attempted in the FC vs TC game was that FC decided they were not going to quit fouling.

Excellent job by the officiating crew for 'taking control' and not allowing anything to escalate into something that is 'non-basketball'.

The officiating in the Upper Cumberland has lots of new officials whom are doing the very best that they can.

Basic mechanics, bench decorum and understanding the rules is tough to take in for 'newer' officials - so they are put to the test early and often.

You should thank them ocassionally for this 'thankless' job !

The officiating crew that was assigned to the FC and TC game was assigned for a reason. Teams had been complaining already that TC was breaking a rule by coming into the other teams warm up area and this crew finally put a stop to it. It is black and white in the rule book and it is covered in almost every state rules meeting every year. The coach knew the rule but chose to not let him team know that this 'maneuver' was illegal. Hence the 'T'.

Just to clarify your statement, FC came thru TC's warm up. FC received the technical. TC hasn't went thru anyone's warm ups all year. Gville also did the same thing against us and got the same result. I found both to seem accidental and I don't see the reason for a T unless it is intentional and they truly disrupt the warm ups but rules are rules I guess. So whoever you heard that from, you heard wrong.

Just to clarify your statement, FC came thru TC's warm up. FC received the technical. TC hasn't went thru anyone's warm ups all year. Gville also did the same thing against us and got the same result. I found both to seem accidental and I don't see the reason for a T unless it is intentional and they truly disrupt the warm ups but rules are rules I guess. So whoever you heard that from, you heard wrong.

I agree, the call was accurate but unnecessary. Sounds like refs TRYING to influence the outcome of a game. It worked, I guess that's what they wanted. It is sad they can't just focus on things that really affect play. I don't believe teams really care if we run through their warm up drill. We learned our lesson. I doubt it happens again.

Kudos to the crew for finally putting a stop to it and stopping this 'unsporting' act.

The reason so many foul shots were attempted in the FC vs TC game was that FC decided they were not going to quit fouling.

Excellent job by the officiating crew for 'taking control' and not allowing anything to escalate into something that is 'non-basketball'.

The officiating in the Upper Cumberland has lots of new officials whom are doing the very best that they can.

Basic mechanics, bench decorum and understanding the rules is tough to take in for 'newer' officials - so they are put to the test early and often.

You should thank them ocassionally for this 'thankless' job !

Your bias is noted.

My point is also that is was completely pointless. Yes "the rules are the rules" so while I think it was a power trip, we broke the rules so that's it and the next game everyone literally RAN out of the way. I do believe that the officials tried to influence the outcome of the game and this was the start of it. Our big center had 3 fouls that were completely questionable. He was freaked out about getting more. Later in the game a TC player was driving hard to the basket so our center pulled back completely and even held his hands back and stepped back completely out of the way. I commented "he's pulling back because of all those bad calls". TC makes the basket and they call a foul. Neither side claps like usual because no one knows what the foul is. They call it on the center and everyone is shocked. Even the TC guys are looking around like "what is that". They called 3 more just like that. Now someone explain that.

To any who are still viewing this thread. So FC pulls off a buzzer beater come back win tonight over Trousdale after FC played their worse first half maybe in team history (only made 2 field goals the entire first half). Guess what? I still say the officials were horrible. Someone earlier in this thread said, "FC always says that when they lose". Not so. And some of my complaints are even about "no calls" on FC like when we travelled and they didn't call it. The TC coach jumps up and does the "traveling" motion. The official sees the TC coach THEN calls it. Sad. How can this be stopped and improved?

To any who are still viewing this thread. So FC pulls off a buzzer beater come back win tonight over Trousdale after FC played their worse first half maybe in team history (only made 2 field goals the entire first half). Guess what? I still say the officials were horrible. Someone earlier in this thread said, "FC always says that when they lose". Not so. And some of my complaints are even about "no calls" on FC like when we travelled and they didn't call it. The TC coach jumps up and does the "traveling" motion. The official sees the TC coach THEN calls it. Sad. How can this be stopped and improved?

I agree with you. Terrible on both sides. Great atmosphere again though. Love this rivalry. Congratulations to FC on the win. They didn't quit. TC missed way too many free throws and FC just kept chipping away. Great game though.

Officials have no accountability anymore to anyone nor do they know the rules. Community was down 2 at Richland Saturday night and missed a free throw. Community trapped the ball and Richland called time out under the basket. The official then allowed Richland to run the baseline to enter the ball. There needs to be a system in place where officials can be reprimanded like coaches for behavior and lack of professionalism. They grab their checks and head home but it's the coaches and kids that have to live with their rabbit ears and lack of knowledge of the game.

If someone on these posts swears or is inappropriate there is a button clearly labeled "report". This is what needs to happen with officials. I believe that many games are video recorded (although not high quality really for review) but is there a way to "report" an official for just completely wrecking a game?