Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

BTW, I keep hearing Pemberton, and I think that would be a horrible hire. If my math is correct it would be his 5th job in 6 years. Nothing about that should be reassuring. And to be honest, I think their's much better coaches out there, and it would be a step down from Maynord. My opinion, FWIW.

I read the article, and Rang's been on administrative leave since December for testing irregularity. I wouldn't think he would be hired by SC due to that.

Yeah I knew he had been on admin leave.He walked out during a state exam to go to the bathroom is all he did, although that is breaking guidleines. I also know he applied for SC job and was heavily liked but that is the extent of my knowledge. Things have went quite on the inside.

Edited by BoogerHillOwl

From former players at UHS, they have just as much respect for Pemberton as a coach as they did Maynord. He did take a 0-20 MC team to back to back playoffs and split with Maynard while at MC. Look at MC this year when he left and how good Brentwood was compared to the year before. He might not stay long, but the man can coach!

Did Pemberton ever coach at Upperman. I know Maynord took them to the semi's in 96. When was the last time that UHS even got a sniff of being that good.

Everyone knew Brentwood had a very good team returning before he got the job. He had the pieces there. He also had athletes at MC, and they've had much better years than the two he was there. He was 5-5 I believe at the school in Georgia I think. What happened there?

And, yes he won a chamionship at Catholic, but look at the athletes they've had there. Besides, Moose Marshall and Mark Medley have both won championships, and I don't think that would turn any SC fan's crank.