Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

And I got a nephew on Upperman's team so I hear a lot from there. They sure are talking up the team this year. Like 26 seniors with a couple of them move in's. And accourding to the nephew, got the D cordinator from Dekalb. Miller I think it is. Him and his dad ran the D at Dekalb the last couple seasons. And yes I seen the Conner York kid, I will vouch for him being top qb in district this year by far. Couple good lineman too. http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/tn/baxter/upperman-high-school/logan-key ; http://new.berecruited.com/athletes/953165

No father son duo at Dekalb. Given some bad info

No father son duo at Dekalb. Given some bad info

Definitely bad info. No father son duo, no Miller at all that I know of. Coach Bernie stepped down due to health reasons as D Coordinator at the end of last season and then Coach Shaw took the spot. He hasn't went anywhere, and was just given a permanent job teaching this year so doubt he will. Don't know what this guy is talking about.

I got lots of sources my friends. Live in Rickman but work with lots of Smith folks. Got a buddy who played at MC. Brags about his old ball coach " Red Bone" Cochran. He said he coached Macon when they beat Smith that year. Also at LA when Elderidge and McCoin played. So yes I hear old war stories from a lot at my job.

Lol, apparently bad sources. No father son duo has been at DC in the past.. Well as long as I can even remember coaching defense. And this came from someone ON the team that they supposively went to? I don't know if anything you mention is credible.

And one last comment on MC, yea their program is down. Their old district was very tough. But, outside the district they scheduled Dekalb, LA, SC, and Trousdale. Have win verse Dekalb, SC, LA in past three years. I would say in new district by the 14 season, they will be toward top. If they would have been in the district in 2011 they would have won it. Didn't they beat the big three that year in Dekalb, LA, and Smith?

Check your own site you posted. MC lost to DC and SC in 2011, and that was considered their best year in awhile. Smh..