Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

MONEY unfortunately is very important to a football program in so many ways today. The Salaries in each county differ, the larger the county, the larger the salary basically. If "base" salary plays a part in who we get as coach then we will get what we pay for. Our Booster Club WILL AND MUST need to step up to the plate to get the best option and fit. We talk about our Booster Club with such high praise and we need to support them in what they need to do. Do we want to get our football program to the next level? That is the question to ask. The new Coach must be a salesman to. He has to sell the program he will be coaching, not the one left by Coach Maynard. Wins and Losses is the name of the game in todays world. What have you done lately. With the size of our roster, Uniforms, reconditioning helmets or buying new ones and equipment will be expensive. Dollars at tight in this community. This is why we need to look at our schedule again and make economics a part of it. I have noticed as have others the past couple of seasons our home crowds getting smaller and that means less revenue. Hard to get excited about Warren County and they do not travel well either so that night alone could be considered a financial loss. We picked up Alcoa and Cookeville. Cookevill makes alot of sense because of location and now the Maynard factor. I have an issue with scheduling Alcoa. With it not being a Playoff game how will they travel? When we have to got up there next year, will the travel cost be too much? Do we really need to play Alcoa so we can stick our chests out and say we played them? Gate money and less travel costs are now the economics of the game. The Gordonsville game is so important to both schools. I know I just made some people mad but it is the truth. Smith County needs to get Trousdale and Westmoreland back on the schedule. Built in rivalries, shorter distances, good gates and less travel cost to go along with them both being very good competition. Just think, one season hosting Gordonsville and Westmoreland and the next hosting Trousdale and Macon to go along with other Region games. Just because we "play up" doesn't mean anything. We can have a competitive schedule that is also cost effective. We need to put our petty differences aside and encourage the next Coach to do this. I am also concerned about Politics running the program. Macon County has been burned by it and we could head that way if we keep our rose colored glasses on. OWL Pride is what we must have but show wisdom in the process.

Westmoreland would not play us if we did play Alcoa next two was Riverdale or Siegel in two years come on down and help us see if you can get school around here to play is you will see what coach Maynord run into getting games

MONEY unfortunately is very important to a football program in so many ways today. The Salaries in each county differ, the larger the county, the larger the salary basically. If "base" salary plays a part in who we get as coach then we will get what we pay for. Our Booster Club WILL AND MUST need to step up to the plate to get the best option and fit. We talk about our Booster Club with such high praise and we need to support them in what they need to do. Do we want to get our football program to the next level? That is the question to ask. The new Coach must be a salesman to. He has to sell the program he will be coaching, not the one left by Coach Maynard. Wins and Losses is the name of the game in todays world. What have you done lately. With the size of our roster, Uniforms, reconditioning helmets or buying new ones and equipment will be expensive. Dollars at tight in this community. This is why we need to look at our schedule again and make economics a part of it. I have noticed as have others the past couple of seasons our home crowds getting smaller and that means less revenue. Hard to get excited about Warren County and they do not travel well either so that night alone could be considered a financial loss. We picked up Alcoa and Cookeville. Cookevill makes alot of sense because of location and now the Maynard factor. I have an issue with scheduling Alcoa. With it not being a Playoff game how will they travel? When we have to got up there next year, will the travel cost be too much? Do we really need to play Alcoa so we can stick our chests out and say we played them? Gate money and less travel costs are now the economics of the game. The Gordonsville game is so important to both schools. I know I just made some people mad but it is the truth. Smith County needs to get Trousdale and Westmoreland back on the schedule. Built in rivalries, shorter distances, good gates and less travel cost to go along with them both being very good competition. Just think, one season hosting Gordonsville and Westmoreland and the next hosting Trousdale and Macon to go along with other Region games. Just because we "play up" doesn't mean anything. We can have a competitive schedule that is also cost effective. We need to put our petty differences aside and encourage the next Coach to do this. I am also concerned about Politics running the program. Macon County has been burned by it and we could head that way if we keep our rose colored glasses on. OWL Pride is what we must have but show wisdom in the process.

Schedule is set for next two years. No use discussing that. We don't play TC (probably won't anytime soon) or Westy.

Doubt this person is from SC.

Guest Termite

well, let's hear some names, i won't tell anyone. :lol:

Wish I knew........I have only heard Harville-Dickerson-Dobbs (from you)-Loftis-Shoulders-Goolsby-Finley (from HDK2. That only leaves about 26/27 more, so I hear. The principle spent some time in Northern Ga. and around Chattanooga. He probably has some from down that way and I'm sure there are a bunch of assist. nobody much knows from various places. That's the only politics I know of concerning the job. The principle and AD do interviews,get together and decide on their recommendation and forward that to the DOS,. Anything else.......danged if I know who swings big enough stick to push somebody to the front. I know YOU wouldn't tell. Your a vault, nobody can get anything from you. There's telephone, telegraph, and tell snoball...... :lol:

Edited by Termite

Westmoreland would not play us if we did play Alcoa next two was Riverdale or Siegel in two years come on down and help us see if you can get school around here to play is you will see what coach Maynord run into getting games

Westmoreland didnt play ya'll because they had better options financially already setup from what I'm hearing. We always have a huge gate against Portland due to the rivalry factor and the distance from each school. The other thing that played into picking East Lit was the fact that they are playing every game with us at our field. I was told we are going to have 7 home games this year with one of the away games being at Portland. Sounds nice to me. Dont think we were dodging Smith Co. just doing what was in our best interest financially.

Westmoreland didnt play ya'll because they had better options financially already setup from what I'm hearing. We always have a huge gate against Portland due to the rivalry factor and the distance from each school. The other thing that played into picking East Lit was the fact that they are playing every game with us at our field. I was told we are going to have 7 home games this year with one of the away games being at Portland. Sounds nice to me. Dont think we were dodging Smith Co. just doing what was in our best interest financially.

:rolleyes::flower: Edited by BasilDuke

Not so Postie. TC and SC dropped from your schedule to try and get wins. SC and TC were your biggest gates. SC fans had to sit on Westmoreland side to get a seat. At the time of renewal of contracts, Westie told our coaches they were trying to get some wins.

Chickenmoreland has to schedule weaker competition than TC or SC or they would have a losing record...they are like 7-up...never had it...never will.