Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

There are couple coaches in Georgia have applied don't know their names there a coach in there region has applied two

I feel good about the interview process at SC. Coach Silcox, the AD and former football coach at SC and Steve Robbins, the principal and former football coach in the Chattanooga area, originally from Livingston, TN, will conduct the interviews. Two capable men to make the selection.

Ever wonder how these football programs with multiple championships do it? Do they practice year round? Recruit players? Gotta be doin somethin. And dont tell me its all coaching. You can only do so much with the talent you have and i can assure you these championship programs dont have that caliber of talent year in and year out withought getting some kind of edge somewhere. Id like to be a fly on the wall at some of these schools and just see what goes on there.

Ever wonder how these football programs with multiple championships do it? Do they practice year round? Recruit players? Gotta be doin somethin. And dont tell me its all coaching. You can only do so much with the talent you have and i can assure you these championship programs dont have that caliber of talent year in and year out withought getting some kind of edge somewhere. Id like to be a fly on the wall at some of these schools and just see what goes on there.

Well, alot of them come down to genetics. Programs like South Pitt and Trousdale have the same last names every year. Athletic ability is inherited. Now this is hearsay, but programs like Alcoa and Maryville have people move in. Not saying they recruit but good programs attract good players.

Thats the programs im talking about. Your alcoas and your maryvilles. Trousdale ill give you. Allways see the same names there. But however i just dont see little johnnies parents up and moving so a kid can play high school football at a "better school" i mean. I enjoy watching it dont get me wrong. But the probability of making it big time is slim. If your that good a player youll get recognized no matter where you are wont you?