Open school zones

BKisler

Ok, i have a question regarding this. Technically, i live in Maryville, but not in the city limits, but my address is a Maryville addy when i send/receive mail. Is their a difference between actually living inside the city limits of Maryville or living in the county part which is still considered Maryville? How does this play into it?

From the Maryville City Schools website:

"Our schools serve students who reside within the city limits of Maryville, as well as a small number of tuition students."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS: Zip Codes are provided by the USPS. You live in what was formerly known as a Rural Route. I used to live in Rt. 7 Maryville, TN when I was a kid, then we were annexed into Alcoa. Maryville has added a few new zip codes since then (37802, 37803, 37804) They don't use them (Rural Routes) any longer. The new system is better for emergency responders etc.

With OR being a fairly new city, I'd say the RR. Zip codes had long been established.

Edited by Red Rebels

SS: Zip Codes are provided by the USPS. You live in what was formerly known as a Rural Route. I used to live in Rt. 7 Maryville, TN when I was a kid, then we were annexed into Alcoa. Maryville has added a few new zip codes since then (37802, 37803, 37804) They don't use them (Rural Routes) any longer. The new system is better for emergency responders etc.

With OR being a fairly new city, I'd say the RR. Zip codes had long been established.

Yes, i live in the 37803 area code. Most all of Oak Ridge is within the city limits for the most part. Where there is civilization at least.

Edited by SweetScience

The whole open "zone" thing is bigger than just City School systems. There is the whole magnet school issue in giant metro areas. And the systems that let you cross boundaries without any tuition fee. It's like comparing apples, oranges and bananas.

and besides... even if schools didnt offer tuition or have open zones kids would still go to other schools anyway... its very easy to make it look like you live in a certain schools zone.