Open school zones

BKisler

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely you have heard of all the things those two guys have done in the past.

I don't think that answered MLREB's quesion.

So easy to throw out accusations on a forum.

I don't see any of your posts being credible if you don't back your statements up. I,for one, would be interested to know about "all of the things those two guys have done" and how the competitive landscape has been altered.

Edited by plumb69

I don't think that answered MLREB's quesion.

So easy to throw out accusations on a forum.

I don't see any of your posts being credible if you don't back your statements up. I,for one, would be interested to know about "all of the things those two guys have done" and how the competitive landscape has been altered.

Sorry plumb69, you must be Alabama or Kentucky fan. Coach Cal has a long line of misdeeds and Saban wasn't far behind. Both have cleaned up their act because of the success they now have. As for the local stuff, why don't you answer some questions for me about what is cheating. I really don't know what you can and can't do. How about recruiting? Can a coach ask a player to come play for his HS? What about not paying tuition if a kid is out of zone? Is that ok? What about suspensions being different for players vs non players? Are any of these things wrong in the eyes of the TSSAA?

Sorry plumb69, you must be Alabama or Kentucky fan. Coach Cal has a long line of misdeeds and Saban wasn't far behind. Both have cleaned up their act because of the success they now have. As for the local stuff, why don't you answer some questions for me about what is cheating. I really don't know what you can and can't do. How about recruiting? Can a coach ask a player to come play for his HS? What about not paying tuition if a kid is out of zone? Is that ok? What about suspensions being different for players vs non players? Are any of these things wrong in the eyes of the TSSAA?

Refer your compliance questions to the TSSAA. I'm as ignorant of their rules as the next guy so I'll leave it to you to educate me.

I don't think coach Cal has had any NCAA penalties- schools sanctioned for violations occuring during his tenure there yes, but the coach no. Enlighten me about Saban. I don't keep up with him much although I know he made a recruiting swing through Memphis and Tipton County last week.

You still haven't answered Reb's question and that's all my post was about.

If you can pay tuiton to go to Alcoa or Maryville; what is the difference between them and privates like Ensworth and Brentwood Academy? Other than Mayville and Alcoa's football programs are better and richer in tradition and everyone technically pays tuition at Enswoth and BA.

I know Mt Juliet was hoping to get their shot at Maryville this past year for the championship. Hopefully in 2013.

Don't forget BA and Ensworth offer financial assistance not sure of MHS or Alcoa do...

Plus I think it's cheaper to send your kid to UT then BA

Don't forget BA and Ensworth offer financial assistance not sure of MHS or Alcoa do...

Plus I think it's cheaper to send your kid to UT then BA

To answer BKisler's question from earlier...that is exactly the difference between Division I and Division II schools. Even though you can pay tuition to attend some Division I schools, no financial aid may be given to any varsity player in Division I (unlike in Division II)

To answer BKisler's question from earlier...that is exactly the difference between Division I and Division II schools. Even though you can pay tuition to attend some Division I schools, no financial aid may be given to any varsity player in Division I (unlike in Division II)

So financial aid would be similar to a scholarship or is that some thing that must be paid back?

WB85 - please explain exactly Nick Saban has done? To the point of the earlier posts - it is very easy on an anonymous message board to spew out falsehoods. Simple challenge to you - put up or shut up.

Good idea Stars. You need to check down toward sweetwater and make sure ol' countryreb is still happy with his service. Evidently, there's alot of people going into the "business" these days.

sx tha differunce iz STARSNBARS Garbige servuss goes tha extree mile(s).....My good buddy Big John and David runs tha car deeler down thair inn Saaaweetwatur.....Weal maik shore cR stays haipy.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS