Open school zones

BKisler

. I've seen coaches from private schools show up at scrimmages of public schools wearing shirts from their private schools trying to talk with kids after the games.

I seriously doubt that.... Your agenda is obvious BK

Gotta break the news here mlreb. Your agenda is also obvious.

I did see exactly what BK was talking about last week in our own gyms here in beautiful blount county. It's a fact. I spoke to each of the coaches during and after the game. It happens here. I have never been to games in middle TN, so I don't know if it happens there or not. But it sure happens here.

I am not sure what the harm is though? :popcorneater:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I've seen coaches from private schools show up at scrimmages of public schools wearing shirts from their private schools trying to talk with kids after the games.

I seriously doubt that.... Your agenda is obvious BK

Reb, you are right; my agenda was stating that some private schools do try to recruit and take the best ball players away from public schools. I know of a very good football player in middle TN that was offered a diversity scholarship to go and attend that private school. He did take the schoarship offer.

Gotta break the news here mlreb. Your agenda is also obvious.

I did see exactly what BK was talking about last week in our own gyms here in beautiful blount county. It's a fact. I spoke to each of the coaches during and after the game. It happens here. I have never been to games in middle TN, so I don't know if it happens there or not. But it sure happens here.

I am not sure what the harm is though? :popcorneater:

Of course it is obvious SX. I think it is low-brow if coaches do this. I must be guillable.

Reb, you are right; my agenda was stating that some private schools do try to recruit and take the best ball players away from public schools. I know of a very good football player in middle TN that was offered a diversity scholarship to go and attend that private school. He did take the schoarship offer.

Know doubt they recruit...but attend school events and actively recruit? Like I said previously.....I must be guillable then. Also, sad statement for the coaches that do that. JMO....

Know doubt they recruit...but attend school events and actively recruit? Like I said previously.....I must be guillable then. Also, sad statement for the coaches that do that. JMO....

I agree with you 100 % . I am suprised at some of the things thatI have seen go on

Any word on if Maryville and Ensworth were able to get their scrimmage?

The problem with open school zone is then the issue of possible recruitment and kids having their tution paid for or no tutio at all. To what extent this happens; who knows; but we do know it probably does.

I've seen coaches from private schools show up at scrimmages of public schools wearing shirts from their private schools trying to talk with kids after the games.

If you see this happening why wouldn't you take a picture and report it to the TSSAA?

If you see this happening why wouldn't you take a picture and report it to the TSSAA?

So private schools cannot recruit? Sounds like another reason alcoa and murvil should remain public! LOL! (Only a joke for my murvil kinfolk-so don't stone me.)

Seriously, can private schools not attend games of public schools and speak to parents of public school players?

Edited by strongx

IMO Cheaters will cheat until they get caught or until their program becomes so successful they no longer have to. Like a Saban or a Kentucky basketball coach for example. It happens everywhere. Maybe it doesn't here in Blount County that much anymore because of the success of the past, at least not by the head coaches anyway.

IMO Cheaters will cheat until they get caught or until their program becomes so successful they no longer have to. Like a Saban or a Kentucky basketball coach for example. It happens everywhere. Maybe it doesn't here in Blount County that much anymore because of the success of the past, at least not by the head coaches anyway.

Please explain the "cheating" you refer to past and present.

:popcorneater:

BK eye don't no fer shore...Butt if'un we do...and if'un eye cain tawlk two thair good playurs mommas and diddys eye'm gonna ask 'em if thay iz haipy wif tha garbige servuss... :popcorneater:

Good idea Stars. You need to check down toward sweetwater and make sure ol' countryreb is still happy with his service. Evidently, there's alot of people going into the "business" these days.

IMO, I don't believe there is any cheating going on in blount county - at least not for football. There is too much interest in football around here and it would be way too easy to find out and turn in someone. I would think there are alot of people who would like to "catch" alcoa or murvil.

But, the secondary sports could be another story because nobody cares about them anyway!