Baylor-McCallie

noogawrestling

Whats wrong with them? Those would be fighting words where I come from.

Thats a good one! Ill have to come up with a good little saying for the Baylor crowd since they dont seem to have much to say about the the school behind the crack house. Those Baylor people dont have much intestinal fortitude if they let their blue wearing rivals speak of them in this manner without some kind of witty comeback. I would like to see this match up just for the atmosphere if nothing else. Nothing makes me laugh harder than a gym full of people trying to act more uppidy than their opponenets. Its not so much about wrestling but more about which students can come up with the best cheers. Of course if I was McCallie I would try to come up with something as well since the Red leggers obviously own them as of late in most sports and the Baylor campus is so much nicer. Oh yeah, they also have girls. Come to think of it if I was a McCallie supporter I would be depressed also. I couldnt imagine having to go to school knowing we couldnt beat our biggest rival in anything and while Im stuck at a school fenced in for security measures and looking at a bunch of guys they are having picnics along the riverbank with pretty young ladies.

Without a doubt, post of the year! "School behind the crack house..." LOL! That's a good one right there!

I think that Mccallie will get blown away even though they should win on paper. McCallie has a way of choking when it comes to Baylor. Like the year when Mccallie set the record for the most points ever in a state tournament history for a team not to win it. And so when it comes to wrestling Baylor again this year I think they will choke again. But I also think that Houston C. has nothing to do with a Baylor win even if he wrestles 182lbs. The reason being he will be outweighed and out matched when it comes to mental toughness. Because Popp broke Houston and they were the same weight Hoodenpyle is bigger than Clements and he has an endless gas tank unlike Clements. Clements will get teched or at least maj dec Hoodenpyle and worse case he might get hurt because he is very injury prone as we all know. If I was Mr. Clements I might want to sit this one out because your team doesn’t need you. He could sit in the stands right next to his ole friend wrestle90. I think he is in wrestle90's age range.

Edited by mustachiomenace

Word is Clements @182 which completely changes outcome. Also look for Powell, Sutherland and Holloway all back. Not sure if it will be this Friday though.

You're telling me a kid who stands at about 5 foot 2 is wrestling 182lbs??? Good luck... lol.

Regardless, from what I heard, Powell and Holloway are out for sure, the 5"2 182lber and Sutherland are doubtful. Also heard, Branden Brunner has not practiced all week... not sure if it is sickness or injury related... guess we will find out tomorrow. Should be fun! Everything seems to be alining perfectly for the trublu boys to finally end the streak!

Trublu2

Just because I like to sow discord and unrest... there is an interesting thought as to whether Baylor would even want to win the dual meet against McCallie. Of course it is a rivalry match so your first inclination is that clearly Baylor wants to win, but there is another angle one could ponder.

If Baylor defeats McCallie it makes them the #2 seed from the East / Middle division and places them on CBHS's side of the state dual bracket. If they lose to McCallie, then McCallie moves to CBHS's side and Baylor would be on the side with Father Ryan.

Of course if you want to be state champs (which I would imagine all players involved do) you have to beat them all anyway so it doesn't matter in the end.

Just because I like to sow discord and unrest... there is an interesting thought as to whether Baylor would even want to win the dual meet against McCallie. Of course it is a rivalry match so your first inclination is that clearly Baylor wants to win, but there is another angle one could ponder.

If Baylor defeats McCallie it makes them the #2 seed from the East / Middle division and places them on CBHS's side of the state dual bracket. If they lose to McCallie, then McCallie moves to CBHS's side and Baylor would be on the side with Father Ryan.

Of course if you want to be state champs (which I would imagine all players involved do) you have to beat them all anyway so it doesn't matter in the end.

:popcorneater: getting good

I think that Mccallie will get blown away even though they should win on paper. McCallie has a way of choking when it comes to Baylor. Like the year when Mccallie set the record for the most points ever in a state tournament history for a team not to win it. And so when it comes to wrestling Baylor again this year I think they will choke again. But I also think that Houston C. has nothing to do with a Baylor win even if he wrestles 182lbs. The reason being he will be outweighed and out matched when it comes to mental toughness. Because Popp broke Houston and they were the same weight Hoodenpyle is bigger than Clements and he has an endless gas tank unlike Clements. Clements will get teched or at least maj dec Hoodenpyle and worse case he might get hurt because he is very injury prone as we all know. If I was Mr. Clements I might want to sit this one out because your team doesn’t need you. He could sit in the stands right next to his ole friend wrestle90. I think he is in wrestle90's age range.

EPIC! HaHa! A Clements loss tomorrow would probably be equally gratifying as a Tornado team win. I'm sure wrestle90 would likely agree with that one!

• Upvote 1

I still remember the rather un-classy show boating Clements did after pinning his opponent last year. I think Alex Kent was the McCallie wrestler when the two met on the mat with the dual meet already one. They wrestled hard until the third period when Clements stuck Kent just as we were all expecting. Having watched him wrestle all his life, the way he celebrated that win was not how I remembered him winning when he was a Blue Tornado. As a McCallie fan, it wouldn't surprise me to see Hoodenpyle whoop up on him. Just because he is so much bigger and works extremely hard. It would also surprise me to see Houston not wrestle. He already missed one Blue-Red dual meet in his high school career, he surely doesn't want to miss his last. If he is good to go, even 80% I think we will see him on the mat tomorrow night. Why would he not want to help his team out and get the win. In regards to ghouse's post on Baylor not wanting to win, thats blasphemous between these two schools. McCallie hasn't beaten Baylor in a dual meet since what, 2006 state duals? When was the last time McCallie actually WON the regular season dual. Crazy things can happen in this match. From Youngblood pinning Mackey, to Brunner defensive pinning Westbrooks last year. I think it will prove to be all about the bonus points, just like it has in years past.

I still remember the rather un-classy show boating Clements did after pinning his opponent last year. I think Alex Kent was the McCallie wrestler when the two met on the mat with the dual meet already one. They wrestled hard until the third period when Clements stuck Kent just as we were all expecting. Having watched him wrestle all his life, the way he celebrated that win was not how I remembered him winning when he was a Blue Tornado. As a McCallie fan, it wouldn't surprise me to see Hoodenpyle whoop up on him. Just because he is so much bigger and works extremely hard. It would also surprise me to see Houston not wrestle. He already missed one Blue-Red dual meet in his high school career, he surely doesn't want to miss his last. If he is good to go, even 80% I think we will see him on the mat tomorrow night. Why would he not want to help his team out and get the win. In regards to ghouse's post on Baylor not wanting to win, thats blasphemous between these two schools. McCallie hasn't beaten Baylor in a dual meet since what, 2006 state duals? When was the last time McCallie actually WON the regular season dual. Crazy things can happen in this match. From Youngblood pinning Mackey, to Brunner defensive pinning Westbrooks last year. I think it will prove to be all about the bonus points, just like it has in years past.

Congrats, you have just received one of my awards.

Congrats, you have just won one of my awards

106 murphy dec cornell 3-0 b

113 westbrooks pins canada 6-3 m

120 elsea pins powell/reynolds 12-3 m

126 boyd dec standifer 15-3 m

132 brunner dec connell 15-6 m

138 davis pins troxwell 21-6 m

145 sutherland pins jones 21-12 m

152 garron dec patton 21-15 m

160 popp maj dec mcroskey 21-19 m

170 parker maj dec bong 23-21 b

182 clements dec hoodenpyle 26-21 b

195 norrad dec roberts 29-21 b

220 cook dec schmissrauter 29-24 b

285 thomas forfeit 35-24

Blue tornado puts up a valiant effort but comes up just short in my opinion.

What tornado has to do to pull off upset: 1)win either 132 match against brunner or 182 against clements or win both 2)may not be issue if neither brunner or clements wrestles..although i would be shocked if they didnt 3)cook needs a pin at 220 or 285 4) avoid bonus points at 106 5)boyd must defeat standifer at 126 or lose dec at worst

"PS. There will be 40 tickets sold at the visitor's gate @4pm tomorrow. Match @6"

Can someone please confirm this? If true, I'm planning on making the trip down from Nashville tomorrow, however, don't want to waste the time to be turned away if there are no tickets available for purchase. Thanks!

This Clements stuff is crazy! lol. Of course I realize he's a former McCallie wrestler, I just didn't realize the animosity towards the kid was at such an extreme level...the Ridge Dwellers of the EBE may be in denial over losing the UNC Tarheel signee, but I can speak for the greater majority of the Ryan following who have a tremendous amount of respect for a kid with his character who has overcome countless injuries. Never been anything but a classy kid when I have spoke with him. Best of luck this year, Houston. Get Healthy! :thumb:

With that said, making the trip down from Nashville, I sure hope the kid actually wrestles...adds even more to the excitement! Can't wait to hear the chants from the EBE student section lol

Haven't been this excited for a high school wrestling weekend in a while... River City Rivalry tomorrow, then Saturday my Irish square off in the annual meet against cross town foes of MBA. Best of luck to all competitors this weekend! Should be fun!

BCB :flower: , I hope you read this ... I'm expecting to see you in your kaki shorts and visor tomorrow...better seek me out and say hello, I'll be the one wearing... WHITE lol. I might wear my purple visor in your honor if your lucky!

Soms- will you be in attendance for the perennial match up?

"PS. There will be 40 tickets sold at the visitor's gate @4pm tomorrow. Match @6"

Can someone please confirm this? If true, I'm planning on making the trip down from Nashville tomorrow, however, don't want to waste the time to be turned away if there are no tickets available for purchase. Thanks!

Probably should just ring Baylor's athletic department in the AM.