District 3AAA

DyronNix

Wow Nix is hard to figure out sometimes. Starts the thread, goes awol, joins the discussion when it turn ugly toward the AC coach, 4 pages of discussions dissapear, then comes on, and gives what looks like a pretty good report on future 3AAA teams.

I guess I agree with most of his assesments. I forgot about the Roberts kid from LC going to CC. You throw him in there with the Griffith ang mcguire kids, thats a pretty good freshman group. Thats basically the 3 best players from their respective teams. I also heard another kid from Lake City is going to CC. His primary sport will be football but does play Bball too.

As for T Money. I can see him taking the private school route. And if thats the best thing for him, im for it. As for the prep school thing? I dont knowtoo many freshman that go to prep schools. Thats usually an upper classman thing. Personally, He cant go to a better situation than staying here and playing for OR. Good coach, great academics, great facilities, and hes home every night. JMO

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I heard from a parent that Tee Higgins is looking to attend a private school in Nashville. They said he has also been approached by Prep Schools outside of the state. This is truly coming from a parent so take it for what its worth. I hope Tee plays around here, because as a fan of basketball I have never seen a middle school kid as polished as him, and I would love to see him play the next 4 years. If Oak Ridge doesn't get him they will still be loaded. Both feeder schools have more talent combined then I have seen coming into Oak Ridge in the past 5 or 6 years.

Norris and Lake City are way down, and Lake City's best player appears to be heading to CC, but it is still a wait and see.

Clinton has a lot of athletes whos primary focus will be football in high school. Where they attend High School is a guessing game right Now.

Powell's middle school is very good, they are a perfect fit for Ogan's style of play, and could end up with a couple of the Clinton kids.

Gresham has a better team then usual. Their best player is former Coach at Centrals son, but has strong ties to Gibbs.

Halls middle school is average at best, but who knows how they will develop.

Jacksboro and Lafollette are down. Both schools do have good young kids, but for the most part will be a pretty weak group of freshmen coming in.

I hope that parent doesn't know what they're talking about lol. Tee is needed for football and basketball at OR. Why would he leave OR where all the kids are he grew up with are? Maybe do something special with the group at OR he has grew up playing with? OR has great facilities like CC said. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Oak Ridge should be set for the next few years. Like already stated the Middle Schools are doing well, the freshmen and JV are undefeated with the closes game being a five point win over Cathlic with the freshmen, all the rest of them have been blowouts.

The big problem coach Green is going to have is holding the ship down until football season is over. 3 of the starting 5 of the freshman, and 4 of the starting 5 JV players play football. 4 of the freshman also play JV and 4 of those practice with

the varsity. To put it into prospective, as good as Tee is, he wasn't even the leading scorer last year at Roberstville. Something that may also come into play down the road will be if those kids decide to only play one sport, since many of them could be a starter either way.

Oak Ridge should be set for the next few years. Like already stated the Middle Schools are doing well, the freshmen and JV are undefeated with the closes game being a five point win over Cathlic with the freshmen, all the rest of them have been blowouts.

The big problem coach Green is going to have is holding the ship down until football season is over. 3 of the starting 5 of the freshman, and 4 of the starting 5 JV players play football. 4 of the freshman also play JV and 4 of those practice with

the varsity. To put it into prospective, as good as Tee is, he wasn't even the leading scorer last year at Roberstville. Something that may also come into play down the road will be if those kids decide to only play one sport, since many of them could be a starter either way.

Who was the leading scorer for Roberstville last year? Who are the stars on the Frosh and JV teams? Yes, football will come into play. Kids don't stick with 2 sports like they used to.

Who was the leading scorer for Roberstville last year? Who are the stars on the Frosh and JV teams? Yes, football will come into play. Kids don't stick with 2 sports like they used to.

I'm pretty sure it was either Dunbar or Johnson. Jordan Dunbar, Geeavante Gee, Isiah Jones, and Javien Johnson are the freshmen who have been practicing with the varsity and playing with the JV. For the JV I would say

Jemiah Hall, Jamaal Anderson, Ted Mitchell, and Tim Rabinstien for the JV. Ted and Tim already dress out for the varsity.

I'm pretty sure it was either Dunbar or Johnson. Jordan Dunbar, Geeavante Gee, Isiah Jones, and Javien Johnson are the freshmen who have been practicing with the varsity and playing with the JV. For the JV I would say

Jemiah Hall, Jamaal Anderson, Ted Mitchell, and Tim Rabinstien for the JV. Ted and Tim already dress out for the varsity.

Thanks man. I wasn't aware of Dunbar playing. I know one thing, that boy has got some moves on the gridiron. Shifty football player. His pops was good for the Wildcats in his day on the gridiron.

Who cares about Halls anyway, Parfive? :P lol just kidding man!

Really!!! Lol. i think with all the make up games and season winding down, most teams will have similar schedules. Maybe not 7 but 6 games for sure. Ac has Tue. Fri. Sat. Tue. thur. fri.. CC has the about the same. Everyone is scrambling right now. Like to see Halls lose about 5 of 7 and make this thing interesting for them HVA and CC, For the tourny. Wouldnt mind Powell losing one, so that final game would be huge game for both. If they go into the OR game undefeated, I just dont think they'll have that same intensity for the game as they would with winner take all type game. Looks like Karns is a lock to finish 3rd at 12-4. They do have a rivalry game vs. HVA, who is playing much better of late. Just dont see Karns losing another district game and I think they can reach the finals of the tourny and advance to region as a 1 or 2 seed, win a couple there and go to sub-state. Their really playing well lately.

Oh, and by the way. I went to the Jacksbor/LaFollette game the other night. Huge crowd there. I think it was Nix that said Jacksboro and Lafollette were both down, and wouldnt have a good freshman team next yr. I'm telling you, if that Coach can get them all to go to CC, they will win some games as freshman and a couple will play varsity for sure. Mcguire and Reese for jacks, and Webb and Griffith from Lafollette, along with two big kids from Jacks, makes for a good team. I found out the Reese kid is the son of Pee Wee Reese and his dad was one of the best PG's CC or the area has ever seen. Hes already bigger than his Dad, (5'6"), which isnt saying much. LOL. Also, Jacksboro Runs the same stuff as the HS team and that wiil prove vailuable. Went to opening round of MS tourny at Clinton, and Jacksboro upset the 3 seed on their home court. Lafollette lost to maynardville but the Griffith Kid had 31 pts. Lafollettes done for season and Jax plays Jefferson, which they split with this season. I think its a good group coming up. Not nearly as good as OR, But probably 2nd best next year when u throw in the Roberts kid from LCity and the others that are going up there.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy