8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

I think they have had some gun issues with gangs in Chattanooga after games. Upperman & york fans said it was awful at Howard in sub-state. Hats off to Dekalb, showed tremendous heart that cant be discounted. Martin is the type of fearless leader that it takes to walk into a place like Howard & get the win!

Oh boy.. Wonder how they will react if we go in there and beat them, lol.

Congratulations to both teams on advancing to this point. However, I have to question Dekalb....you have this much talent and this great of a run but you now have to deal with losing a key player for the second time due to disciplinary actions

(fighting on school campus). What is going on there with the team? You guys have the ability to make it to Murfreesboro but apparently not the what??????

DeKalb should not have any problems at Howard as far as the atmosphere or surrounding neighborhoods. There are some fine people running the school and DC should experience nothing but courtesy and politeness. The gang stuff seems to be when those schools play each other-Brainerd, Howard, etc and a lot of it seems like people not even attending doing the negatives.

Excellent game tonight..I thought if #23 could have stayed out of foul trouble DC could have maintained the lead but that's part of it. #25 for LA was in foul trouble later but DC depended more on #23, even though LA's 25 was the MVP and a deserving one. LA didn't panic being down something like 15-0 and just continued to chip away. DC had as many open looks at 3s in the second half as they did the first but didn't seem to have the legs to keep hitting them and a lot of that probably had to do with the depth/line-up issues that have been discussed. I thought the refs were a bit inconsistent on what they called on charges, especially after one went against DK's 23 right after one went in favor of LA. They were not too picky on the reach-ins and hacks for a while, then seemed to start calling them, then let the teams play again as long as it wasn't totally flagrant. DC has a good chance at winning at Howard depending on how the game is called...the big post can match up well against Howard's Walters who goes about 6'8" 280 and can move, and #23 is as good an athlete as anyone Howard will have out there.

Congratulations to both teams on advancing to this point. However, I have to question Dekalb....you have this much talent and this great of a run but you now have to deal with losing a key player for the second time due to disciplinary actions

(fighting on school campus). What is going on there with the team? You guys have the ability to make it to Murfreesboro but apparently not the what??????

You act as though things like this never happen anywhere else. Should they have shown restraint? Yes. Did they? No. They're kids, it happens. It probably happens at other schools as well, but is met with lesser punishment.

Look back on both players' high school careers. This is the FIRST time this has happened to either. You act as though our players are always being caught fighting, etc. Yeah, they're seniors blah blah blah. Everyone makes mistakes.

Yes, it is BEYOND frustrating to deal with such petty problems an have it affect our team. But at the end of the day, they're still kids and still learning what life is.

DeKalb should not have any problems at Howard as far as the atmosphere or surrounding neighborhoods. There are some fine people running the school and DC should experience nothing but courtesy and politeness. The gang stuff seems to be when those schools play each other-Brainerd, Howard, etc and a lot of it seems like people not even attending doing the negatives.

Excellent game tonight..I thought if #23 could have stayed out of foul trouble DC could have maintained the lead but that's part of it. #25 for LA was in foul trouble later but DC depended more on #23, even though LA's 25 was the MVP and a deserving one. LA didn't panic being down something like 15-0 and just continued to chip away. DC had as many open looks at 3s in the second half as they did the first but didn't seem to have the legs to keep hitting them and a lot of that probably had to do with the depth/line-up issues that have been discussed. I thought the refs were a bit inconsistent on what they called on charges, especially after one went against DK's 23 right after one went in favor of LA. They were not too picky on the reach-ins and hacks for a while, then seemed to start calling them, then let the teams play again as long as it wasn't totally flagrant. DC has a good chance at winning at Howard depending on how the game is called...the big post can match up well against Howard's Walters who goes about 6'8" 280 and can move, and #23 is as good an athlete as anyone Howard will have out there.

Thanks for the kind words. I am confident, especially considering we will have a little more depth come Monday. There was so much heart out there tonight. Just couldn't keep it up with the situation at the moment as you said. I think they proved alot of things to alot of people tonight, including their own fans. I admit I was almost speechless when they came out the way they did.

oldkodger..hope everything on your end is good. Been thinkin about you all!

Thanks BigDaddy, hate that I've missed 2 championship games but sometimes life shows us how small we really are. My dad is doing better than we thought he would be, still a long way to go. Please remember him in prayer.
  • Upvote 2

Thanks BigDaddy, hate that I've missed 2 championship games but sometimes life shows us how small we really are. My dad is doing better than we thought he would be, still a long way to go. Please remember him in prayer.

Didn't ever realize who you were on here. Definitely have y'all in thoughts and prayers.

So its been LA and DC in football and basketball. Why not baseball, soccer and tennis? Seams like its been a great year for both places so far. As to tonight, CONGRADS LA on #6. DC played with all the heart they had and I think really surprised a lot of people starting this game the way they did. If they had a full health team we would be on the road Monday no questions ask. Keep up the fight and leave it all on the court Monday and I hope to see both in the glass house.