8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

I just don't see Howell coming back. Just my opinion. Was a significant ankle sprain. Who knows weirder things have happened. Central and Howard are seasoned champs be tough either way for DC. I'm a big football man and I just don't understand how Phillips could leave his teammates at the biggest point of the season. Will take a huge miracle tonight but I guess miracles do happen. Good luck DC.

I'm guessing Bone will get the start, to counteract LAs size advantage.

Howard is good, and their best post player is 6'9" and is awesome when he is ready to play. But, he can have lazy spells on D and get dumb fouls. Saw them twice in White County and this happened both times. That being said, they've made it to State 20-something times for a reason; they step up in this part of the season.

Haven't seen McMinn Central but I've heard they shoot lights out and haven't been beaten at home this year (haven't looked at their schedule to confirm.)

I want a home substate game for DC so bad I can taste it, but LA may have too many horses.

My predictions: Howard at LA and DC at Central. I think LA can handle Howard at home in a close one, and I will be in Englewood hoping for DC to pull the upset!

Howard & Tyner has been the two from that region for the last 4 years & their is usually not much point difference between the 2. Howard shoots well & puts continuous pressure on the ball. Mcminn Central came to LA 5 years ago & we beat them. I would say Howard beats MC just because of the nerves. Howard has been there & done that. Wish we could both host sub state. There is nothing like it, amazing atmosphere. Plus, it we be hard for either of us to go to the Round house or Howard & get over their homecourt advantage.

Howard & Tyner has been the two from that region for the last 4 years & their is usually not much point difference between the 2. Howard shoots well & puts continuous pressure on the ball. Mcminn Central came to LA 5 years ago & we beat them. I would say Howard beats MC just because of the nerves. Howard has been there & done that. Wish we could both host sub state. There is nothing like it, amazing atmosphere. Plus, it we be hard for either of us to go to the Round house or Howard & get over their homecourt advantage.

Howard doesnt have much three point shooting this year, from what I saw...

Wow 6'9 will be hard to handle for any 8AA team. Our post players are all around 6'5. Hope he gets in foul trouble early or rebounds would get very frustrating.

Also, back to the game tonight. Keep in mind, Sonni and Atnip sat out basically the whole second quarter because they both already had two fouls at the end of the first in the last game. Maybe they will have better games tonight.

As a Smith County fan, we played Howard in a Christmas tournament. The 6'9 post is very good, but we paid too much attention to him and their other big guy, #55 I think, got about every rebound and hustled. They have great guard play also. SC stayed with them for a half, but big man was to much. Also, he doesn't go for ball fakes like most players.