8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

I honestly think if they play their best games I'd only be afraid of Central and Grainger.

You got to beat the best to be the best. It seams like LA, Cannon, and Upperman are battling Central every year for one of the substate games. Central is always a powerhouse and a hard team to beat. Grainger I do not know a lot about except that there very good this year. But I look at it like this: The bigger and better they are the harder they fall and the sweeter the victory.

I didn't even think of Macon. I think that Cannon and LA have a good shot at beating them. I think LA did this season if I'm not mistaken although it was early. I've heard Grainger is very good and looking at their scores it would appear to be true. Central is as stated always competition when it comes to sub state. I think for the next few years 8AA has a good shot with all the talent we have.

From what i've saw so far its mostly the same teams that are always there(LA,Cannon, Central,CPA,Macon the west teams seam to rotate) going back again with a few exceptions(Grainger). It all depends on what team shows up and executes there game plan the best and makes the fewest mistakes at this point

Edited by LA_Wildcats

I didn't even think of Macon. I think that Cannon and LA have a good shot at beating them. I think LA did this season if I'm not mistaken although it was early. I've heard Grainger is very good and looking at their scores it would appear to be true. Central is as stated always competition when it comes to sub state. I think for the next few years 8AA has a good shot with all the talent we have.

Macon;'s been strong for a few years now. I think they even won a title a few years ago. LA, Central, Upperman, Cannon most years you might as well put in a hat and draw a couple to go state. They are all pretty well even year in and out, and are some of the best in the state, we have the trophy cases to prove it. As for talent the Allons elementary boys and girlsboth just one the Middle School State Tourn,

Edited by LA_Wildcats

As a side note there are more State Titles and runner ups in the Upper Cumberland area in Girls Basketball than in any other area of the state. Mainly at LA. JC and Crange. Central is in there close. What surprises me is Upperman has never won a girls state title. And I cant think of any boys that have won one from here in a long time. Lets change that this year.

First, congratulations to Bledsoe on the best team this county has seen in 30 years or more. These young men played their hearts out all year, undersized almost every game, and I know alot of fair weather fans will say it happened because of Worthington, and he was definately a huge part, but could not have had the season we had without the rest of the players playing the way they did.

Second, the game against Dekalb, was an excellent game to watch, and the outcome did not diminish my respect for our team at all. To borrow an old cliche "Bledose left it all on the court", we had a few missed opportunities as did Dekalb, but up 1 at the end of the third, we definately had a shot and Dekalb played better than we did in the 4th, period.

Third, I agree with a post on here, the reason 8AA is better is because of the coaching. In no way is this meant to disrespect your players, but I realize how much difference a good coach can make.

Fourth, If I was from Dekalb I would secretly be glad how the game was officiated, as I am from Bledsoe I would have like to have gotten a few reaching/hacking calls as we were bringing the ball up the court. Not saying the outcome would have changed. I would also have liked to have made a few more free throws, cudos to Dekalb on the free throwing, I would guess you shot close to 90% from the line and championship teams must do.

Fifth and final, I could say good luck to Dekalb, but to be honest I dont care either way who wins another high school basketball game this year, IT'S BASEBALL TIME, BABY!

Coaching can make all the difference in the world. You can have the best players in the state and have a poor coach and lose to a average team with a great coach. Bledsoe baseball if I remember correctly is pretty good. I wish yall luck in your season unless you play one of us. :mrgreen: Back to basketball. Tomorrow night should be a good game I hope for both teams. I'm curious to see how DC is going to match up with LA without several of there key players this time around. Any update on how Howell is doing?

Yes very short handed. It would take lights out shooting from Roller, Vincent, and Patterson (who has a great shot.) And just outright domination and unmatched determination from Fullilove and Atnip for it to even be possible tomorrow. Even with Phillips back for substate we now have a tall order to face. Found ways to win all season but looks like time is about up.

I hope Howell can salvage some of baseball season. We should have another shot at state this year. Another sport our district represents well in.