8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

DeKalb won 78-71. No disrespect, Ramsey is good, but did not show that he was the best in the district tonight. He made some open threes, but Atnip seemed to dominate down low. DeKalb didn't use the whole bench tonight, and a few of those players have had many double digit games. LA is good, but I think this is DC's year. As stated above, if you stop Ramsey, LA struggles. Maybe it was just one of those games, but I don't think McCoin or Eldridge are in the MVP talk.

What game did you watch? Atnip had 19 Mason had 28! Wow dominance on Atnip's part. Howell is mvp if he plays well rest of way.

Howell has missed too many games, I would think. Although he WAS hard to stop on the dribble tonight.

Your right, he didn't get stopped either of our games. The difference maker in both your biggest district games of the year, that makes him mvp of your team. LA shot too many 3's, scored at will inside. The atnip dominance statement was a joke. Congrats on big win.

How was it a joke? Ramsey shot loads of threes. Our scoring is much more evened out than LA's and that shows by the 28 points by Ramsey. When Atnip took a shot he took it to Ramsey and there is no questioning that. Also, I watched them individually down low when the ball was out and the positioning by Atnip was much better. Maybe just my opinion, but to say LA scored at will inside is also a joke.

Also, Howell impressed me tonight. Those off the dribble 3's were nice. If he can keep playing that way I think the missed games could be forgotten.

Edited by TigerPride23

How many threes did Ramsey hit? I would say at least 4. That's 12 of his 28 behind the arc, where most of the time someone other than Atnip didn't guard him. Atnip hit one three. So, we can look at the rest of tw numbers as Ramsey 16, and Atnip 15.

This is all hypothetical of course, I wasn't really keeping up.

How many threes did Ramsey hit? I would say at least 4. That's 12 of his 28 behind the arc, where most of the time someone other than Atnip didn't guard him. Atnip hit one three. So, we can look at the rest of tw numbers as Ramsey 16, and Atnip 15.

This is all hypothetical of course, I wasn't really keeping up.

Exactly! Thats what made the dominance statement a joke. When LA went to post they scored. Would've liked to see more . Dekalb out rebounded LA but most of those were long bounces from both teams shooting alot of threes. Still not inside dominance.

Does anyone know why coach Martin was yelling at Mason Ramsey and got T'd. All I saw was a no call when Atnip dropped his shoulder & went away from the basket on a fast break to cause contact, then some scrambling down low. Next thing you know, he was yelling & pointing at Ramsey.

Martin was calling for an illegal screen coming up our sideline just after the scramble down low.